User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: these new faces! where are they coming from?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1541 Post(s)
    Tagged
    18 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by coolmom42 View Post
    I opened the ticket and got the normal response, "we are doing things right and we dont' know what could be wrong." Can I express how unhappy I am with this site host?

Their only suggestion is to change the wording of the email. Which I have no idea how to do, or where to do, and can't see how to change it from the admin page.

I went into the admin section, and then to users, and found myself as a user, and tried to send email to me. It should be showing up as from "babystep@debtfreefanatics.com" . Nothing came through to my gmail, after multiple attempts, not even in the spam folder.

Kim... since you have made an account on the other site that is closing down, can you suggest that people reach out to us on this site, and post on the Visitor Forum and Tech Support section. Any admin can add them as members here manually. They will need to be added to the "probationary users" group. After that, they will have to provide some additional info.

I have in the past added you to the host site as a contact, but it disappeared. UGH. I will do it again. I need a mailing address and phone number to do that. Can you PM that to me? or send it to my gmail.
    PM sent. The users on the other site says it seems to be related to gmail accounts. Makes me wonder if Vettedrmr account that he can no longer get emails to is gmail as well. You might add that to the ticket. I will go out to the other site and do as you suggest.
    The best things in life are not things.
    Don't invest more in someones situation than they are.
    Persistence, not perfection, wins the race.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    603 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Can we pay Grebo or Lex to help us out with this? It's really nice to have some new people and I would hate for our tech issues to prevent LLNOE people from joining us. I'll donate to their fee. It sounds like we need expertise.
    Sometimes you just have to do what feels right with your money instead of what is "optimal". Too many focus on optimal outcomes, when good enough is good enough. (Thanks to Retired @ 50)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1419 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    @KVinKC and @coolmom42 - we are seeing quite a bit of posts needing approval from the new folks. I check pretty regularly throughout my workday, but just want to remind y'all to be on the lookout.
    BS7: arrived 9/13/13

When you finally learn that a person's behavior has more to do with their internal struggle than it ever did with you, you learn grace.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1541 Post(s)
    Tagged
    18 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cwilli26 View Post
    @KVinKC and @coolmom42 - we are seeing quite a bit of posts needing approval from the new folks. I check pretty regularly throughout my workday, but just want to remind y'all to be on the lookout.
    We need to do more than approve, we need to go out and manually add them as users. I told them on the other site I am adding dff to the end of their user name to use as their password to get in.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1419 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KVinKC View Post
    We need to do more than approve, we need to go out and manually add them as users. I told them on the other site I am adding dff to the end of their user name to use as their password to get in.
    Okay. I'm not sure how to do that. If you need my help doing that, please email me instructions and I'll jump in as able.

When you finally learn that a person's behavior has more to do with their internal struggle than it ever did with you, you learn grace.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1541 Post(s)
    Tagged
    18 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cwilli26 View Post
    Okay. I'm not sure how to do that. If you need my help doing that, please email me instructions and I'll jump in as able.
    I am not 100% sure I did it right. I just went to the User's tab and hit add user. I put in the user name they requested and the password of their user name with dff on the end. @coolmom42 , do you know for sure?

7. Likes cwilli26 liked this post
    LLNOE Refugee
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I made it! Looking forward to a new home to track my financial journey. Thanks to KVinKC for getting me registered. Glad to see some familiar faces. I was sad to see that LLNOE was shutting down, but looking forward to seeing what all DFF has to offer.

9. Likes starchyk, cwilli26, polly-anna, delilahdr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1419 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mortazaar View Post
    I made it! Looking forward to a new home to track my financial journey. Thanks to KVinKC for getting me registered. Glad to see some familiar faces. I was sad to see that LLNOE was shutting down, but looking forward to seeing what all DFF has to offer.
    Welcome aboard the crazy train!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    603 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    We are really happy to have you and the others from LLNOE join us. So sorry that you had to shut down your site however. It's really hard when you have to leave home. Would encourage you to post an introduction to help us get to know you...you'll get to know us soon enough.
    Sometimes you just have to do what feels right with your money instead of what is "optimal". Too many focus on optimal outcomes, when good enough is good enough. (Thanks to Retired @ 50)

12. Likes starchyk liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1541 Post(s)
    Tagged
    18 Thread(s)
    Oh yay! So glad to see you out here. Make sure to play around and change your password. I don't want to know it anymore!