User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: these new faces! where are they coming from?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    494 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)

these new faces! where are they coming from?

all of a sudden...i've seen two, maybe three, new folks here. How exciting!

Any idea how they found us??
    "Budgeting is like sex...it ain't good til it hurts!" -polly-anna

'You can make changes or you can make excuses.' ~me
    'Don't bankrupt your tomorrow to pay for your yesterday.' ~also me

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1419 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Nope, but new blood is great!
    BS7: arrived 9/13/13

When you finally learn that a person's behavior has more to do with their internal struggle than it ever did with you, you learn grace.

3. Likes polly-anna liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    870 Post(s)
    Tagged
    17 Thread(s)
    Possibly off the FB page? Or google? Or disheartened DR followers looking for an alternative?
    BS7

Diane--single empty-nester in small-town Middle Tennessee

5. Likes polly-anna liked this post
    Spreading the word stressedmess's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I read someone post about referring a friend, so that would be my guess.
    BS 6 - $17,796 remaining
    Retired Aug. 2014

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1419 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I've approved early posts from 3 different individuals today alone. Unusual for sure. You can always ask how they heard about us.
    BS7: arrived 9/13/13

When you finally learn that a person's behavior has more to do with their internal struggle than it ever did with you, you learn grace.

Learning the system
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    There is another similar website that is shutting down. DR based, but not associated with DR. Used to be a very active place for folks getting out of debt, I got great support there over the years. So there is a thread asking - where are you all going? I want to see so and so pay of their mortgage! Etc. And this forum was mentioned as place to land, so you may see more of us landing here.

BTW, I should introduce myself: I am 43F, living in Toronto with my awesome BF, D. I started my debt free journey back in 2008 when I had way, way too much law school debt, and not enough income. I back slid at one point and started a small law firm, which I left a few years later with business debts. I finally got it all together and now I work for the federal government. I am debt free since 2018. In 2020, I decided to invite D to stay with me until the pandemic blew over, so he could avoid transit and walk to work. That worked out so great that he stayed, lol. My current goal is saving up a down payment on a condo. My challenge is the insane real estate market.
    BS1: Done
    BS2: Done! December 2018.
    BS3: Done! September 2021.

BS3(b): Down payment in HCOLA : $126,131/150,000 saved : 84%

BS4: Contributing to DB pension, ongoing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    409 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Welcome, @starchyk - we're glad to have you.
    BS3: Done
    BS4: 17% of gross to pension & Roth + 14% employer match to pension
    BS5: N/A
    BS6: $194,026 after April's payment
    1 year, 5 months to retirement, September 2025!

Sandi

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1541 Post(s)
    Tagged
    18 Thread(s)
    I went out and joined the other website and put a post out there welcoming the member to come here. Now to get the email verification process working for them. Any update @coolmom42 ?
    The best things in life are not things.
    Don't invest more in someones situation than they are.
    Persistence, not perfection, wins the race.

11. Thanks cwilli26 thanked for this post
    Likes sandrark, polly-anna liked this post
    There are many ways
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by starchyk View Post
    There is another similar website that is shutting down. DR based, but not associated with DR. Used to be a very active place for folks getting out of debt, I got great support there over the years. So there is a thread asking - where are you all going? I want to see so and so pay of their mortgage! Etc. And this forum was mentioned as place to land, so you may see more of us landing here.

BTW, I should introduce myself: I am 43F, living in Toronto with my awesome BF, D. I started my debt free journey back in 2008 when I had way, way too much law school debt, and not enough income. I back slid at one point and started a small law firm, which I left a few years later with business debts. I finally got it all together and now I work for the federal government. I am debt free since 2018. In 2020, I decided to invite D to stay with me until the pandemic blew over, so he could avoid transit and walk to work. That worked out so great that he stayed, lol. My current goal is saving up a down payment on a condo. My challenge is the insane real estate market.
    Yay! @starchyk So glad you came over here too, I have to see when you finally find THE condo! (Yes, I came from there also. I think... @Dorothy maybe? mentioned DFF? Someone did.)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    870 Post(s)
    Tagged
    17 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KVinKC View Post
    I went out and joined the other website and put a post out there welcoming the member to come here. Now to get the email verification process working for them. Any update @coolmom42?
    I opened the ticket and got the normal response, "we are doing things right and we dont' know what could be wrong." Can I express how unhappy I am with this site host?

Their only suggestion is to change the wording of the email. Which I have no idea how to do, or where to do, and can't see how to change it from the admin page.

I went into the admin section, and then to users, and found myself as a user, and tried to send email to me. It should be showing up as from "babystep@debtfreefanatics.com" . Nothing came through to my gmail, after multiple attempts, not even in the spam folder.

Kim... since you have made an account on the other site that is closing down, can you suggest that people reach out to us on this site, and post on the Visitor Forum and Tech Support section. Any admin can add them as members here manually. They will need to be added to the "probationary users" group. After that, they will have to provide some additional info.

I have in the past added you to the host site as a contact, but it disappeared. UGH. I will do it again. I need a mailing address and phone number to do that. Can you PM that to me? or send it to my gmail.
    Last edited by coolmom42; 07-30-2023 at 10:56 PM.
    BS7

Diane--single empty-nester in small-town Middle Tennessee