Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: "New Posts" feature

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1419 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

"New Posts" feature

I've recently been receiving an error message when clicking the new posts feature from my phone telling me to narrow my search criteria? No issue with the feature from my laptop. Anyone else?
    BS7: arrived 9/13/13

When you finally learn that a person's behavior has more to do with their internal struggle than it ever did with you, you learn grace.

2. Likes rolo4evr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    603 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Sorry, I access via laptop
    Sometimes you just have to do what feels right with your money instead of what is "optimal". Too many focus on optimal outcomes, when good enough is good enough. (Thanks to Retired @ 50)

Gazelles for the win
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    403 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I use "new posts" almost exclusively every time I come here. I can't remember if we have an "app" but I access via chrome browser on my phone. I clicked somewhere / somehow to make it more like my laptop view? In any case, I just checked and "new posts" works as well as it always has on my android phone.
    Mortgage paid off Feb 12, 2010 BS 7a - kitchen remodel completed - 2011 BS 7b - my bathroom remodel and max out sinking funds ($13.5K) - 2012 BS 7c - min car repl fund $13K - 2013 My goal was to retire in Jan 2016 at age 58, but instead I retired 10/24/2014

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yup. I noticed it starting about 3-4 weeks ago. I can no longer access just new posts when using my phone. But, I almost always am on my laptop so it hasn't been a problem.
    "Far away, there, in the sunshine, are my brightest aspirations. I may not reach them, but I can look up and see their beauty, believe in them, and try to follow where they lead."
    ~~ Louisa May Alcott

BS7 reached in 2022

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have never been able to access "new posts" on my phone except when I'm using the "view full site" view. Not in the mobile view.
    Bren

BS 7 - 4/5/2018
    Blog about boat trip: http://www.blessingsflowontheloop
    Private FB group for boat trip news: https://www.facebook.com/groups/712677313462993 - Just ask to join

Gazelles for the win
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    403 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brendenny View Post
    I have never been able to access "new posts" on my phone except when I'm using the "view full site" view. Not in the mobile view.
    I bet that I am using "view full site"
    Mortgage paid off Feb 12, 2010 BS 7a - kitchen remodel completed - 2011 BS 7b - my bathroom remodel and max out sinking funds ($13.5K) - 2012 BS 7c - min car repl fund $13K - 2013 My goal was to retire in Jan 2016 at age 58, but instead I retired 10/24/2014

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    727 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    I only access this forum on my laptop. Just now I clicked "new posts" and it only showed me 5 entries and says it's page 1 of 20. When I clicked to page 2, it says "Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms."
    Mortgage $0.00

Moving to BS3. My car loan is at 2.25%, and my high-yield savings account pays 5.15% It doesn't make sense to pay off the car early.
    BS3: $5530
    BS2: Car loan ​$9,000.10/$17,724.29

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    603 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    But isn't it supposed to do that? There were only 5 unread entries. Page 2 should be blank. When you read the 5 unread ones, page one will be blank too (well, it will have a message).
    I use my laptop to read DFF and almost always use the New Posts feature to access the posts.
    It really helped me when I learned that clicking over to Forum would make the posts I'd read disappear from the New Post screen as opposed to simply no longer being highlighted on the New Posts screen.
    And it was so helpful when CWilli pointed out that the Mark Forums Read button would likewise make the unread posts disappear when I clicked the Mark Forums Read button. Those unread posts were then gone from the New Posts thing.
    Sometimes you just have to do what feels right with your money instead of what is "optimal". Too many focus on optimal outcomes, when good enough is good enough. (Thanks to Retired @ 50)

Spreading the word stressedmess's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m getting a handful of posts under “New Posts” rather than a full page of topics. That happened today. I don’t access on my phone, just my iPad.
    BS 6 - $17,796 remaining
    Retired Aug. 2014

LLNOE Refugee
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stressedmess View Post
    I’m getting a handful of posts under “New Posts” rather than a full page of topics. That happened today. I don’t access on my phone, just my iPad.
    Same thing is happening to me on my iPad.

12. Likes stressedmess liked this post