PDA

View Full Version : Weird bug with Vbulletin

ironwoman05
10-30-2016, 07:21 AM
This week I'm having an odd problem with this forum and the only other forum I frequent, which is also Vbulletin

When I start to type in a reply, my space bar doesn't work

If I hit return or backspace then go back to where I was, the space bar starts working. It happens each time I newly open either of these forums but then works fine until I close the tab and reopen it again.

Hmmm.....

GertieMcFuzz
10-30-2016, 07:52 AM
It's not just you! I'm having the same issue but only on my work computer. At home, I'm fine. I use Chrome on both so I don't know what it could be.

KVinKC
10-30-2016, 08:23 AM
There have been attempted hacks on the internet for the past couple of weeks. I don't know if this explains it. I have been having trouble with various online things.

vlk56pa
10-30-2016, 09:13 AM
I had the same spacebar problem on Friday night.

lexnaturalis
10-30-2016, 04:54 PM
Yes, it is a problem that appears to be specific to vbulletin, as I've also had that issue. If you hit enter you can usually start using your space bar again.

Funatthebeach
11-04-2016, 04:56 PM
I wondered what was going on.

EvilGreebo
11-07-2016, 09:23 AM
Possible work around - I find that this is kicking in when I make a lot of changes in the editor, BUT - if I put a character in the box, then put the cursor IN FRONT of that character, then type, my space bar works normally.

mlemon87
11-07-2016, 09:55 AM
I find that when replying as long as I don't enter down (write directly adjacent to the person I'm quoting). Then I can use the space bar. Then at the end I enter down to format it better.

coolmom42
11-07-2016, 11:28 AM
This week I'm having an odd problem with this forum and the only other forum I frequent, which is also Vbulletin

When I start to type in a reply, my space bar doesn't work

If I hit return or backspace then go back to where I was, the space bar starts working. It happens each time I newly open either of these forums but then works fine until I close the tab and reopen it again.

Hmmm.....

IhavethesameproblemusingChromeonallmydevices.

EvilGreebo
11-09-2016, 03:39 AM
Seems to be a bug with the latest version of Chrome and an OLD version (which we are stuck with) of the wysiwyg editor (which I use).

But try this...

BEFORE TYPING ANYTHING, press ENTER.

Then try typing normally. Works for me!

PeggyinDenver
11-21-2016, 01:09 PM
Good to know. I thought it was just me.................

EvilGreebo
12-16-2016, 11:17 AM
Test the space bar in quick reply

EvilGreebo
12-16-2016, 11:17 AM
Good to know. I thought it was just me.................
Ok so if we quote it still doesn't work. Darn, thought I found a fix.

EvilGreebo
12-16-2016, 11:21 AM
Ok so if we quote it still doesn't work. Darn, thought I found a fix.
trying again. nope. if you're at the VERY end of the quick reply box, space bar still doesn't work. If you put a character in, then move the cursor back before the end of your text, it works....

EvilGreebo
12-16-2016, 11:24 AM
trying again. nope. if you're at the VERY end of the quick reply box, space bar still doesn't work. If you put a character in, then move the cursor back before the end of your text, it works....

Hmm, this seems to have fixed it?