PDA

View Full Version : I'm old, explain this to me....

coolmom42
12-30-2016, 10:53 PM
How do I tag a user in a post so he/she sees it? Is that what the @ sign does? Is that the same thing as a "mention"?

Dorothy
12-30-2016, 10:57 PM
My understanding is that if I put coolmom42 then you will get a notification.

CousinItt
12-30-2016, 11:16 PM
How do I tag a user in a post so he/she sees it? Is that what the @ sign does? Is that the same thing as a "mention"?
Yes, the @ symbol directly in front of a screen name, no space between, will tag a person so he/she gets a notification. Same thing as a mention.

spoiled_lil_boy
12-30-2016, 11:33 PM
Tags are different from mentions, but only slightly. Tags are placed in a list at the top of the thread page and mentions are placed within the body of a post within the thread. Tags don't require the @ (I think). Either will generate a notification to the user.

coolmom42
12-30-2016, 11:35 PM
Thanks to both of you!

CousinItt
12-31-2016, 12:58 AM
Tags are different from mentions, but only slightly. Tags are placed in a list at the top of the thread page and mentions are placed within the body of a post within the thread. Tags don't require the @ (I think). Either will generate a notification to the user.
Thanks for chiming in with better information! I always thought you had to have the @ in front of a name in order to tag someone so they receive a notification. I thought that had been added after DFF had already been up for awhile.