PDA

View Full Version : Problems logging in

unrregistered
11-08-2017, 08:39 AM
So I come to the main login page, enter the user name and pwd, and I get the banner "Thank you for logging in, sandrark."

Then the screen changes, and it dumps me back to the same page, not logged in. Help?

Dorothy
11-08-2017, 02:25 PM
I know nothing, but have you tried clearing cookies or whatever? or maybe easier, try first with another browser (chrome, firefox, exporer)?
EvilGreebo lexnaturalis

coolmom42
11-08-2017, 02:36 PM
I reported this to Lex & Greebo.

Try a different browser? Allow cookies?

EvilGreebo
11-08-2017, 07:09 PM
Sorry, i'm out of town this week and wasn't checking in.

Go to the main page, and then hold down Ctrl and press F5 to force the browser to fully refresh it's cache. Then close browser and reopen it. Then check "remember me" when you log in.

If that fails, clear all cookies related to debtfreefanatics.com

sandrark
11-09-2017, 06:56 AM
Thanks, Greebo. On a Mac, so I deleted the browsing history and cookies, and logged on from a different page than usual. Clicking the "remember me" seemed to do the trick, even though it was already a stored Username and pwd.

lexnaturalis
11-09-2017, 04:33 PM
Sorry, I had to help write an emergency brief and worked until very late last night.

Just because the username/password was stored doesn't mean that it'll remember you. Those are two different functions. The "remember me" sets a cookie that doesn't expire (for a period of time anyway) so that you don't have to keep logging in. The other just saves your username/password so that you can login more quickly.