PDA

View Full Version : McAfee problem

coolmom42
11-20-2017, 09:43 AM
McAfee Enterprise is blocking me at work. Says an unacceptable security risk is posed by this site. McAfee security rating red. Posting this from my phone. EvilGreebo lexnaturalis

Dorothy
11-20-2017, 10:43 AM
I had that yesterday or the day before a couple of times, but then when I clicked on my bookmark again, all was fine.

EvilGreebo
11-21-2017, 08:32 AM
No idea why McAfee reports a problem. Google safe site says we're fine and most others say we're untested. Personally I dislike McAfee in general. Too bloated.

coolmom42
11-21-2017, 10:07 PM
No idea why McAfee reports a problem. Google safe site says we're fine and most others say we're untested. Personally I dislike McAfee in general. Too bloated.
Me too. But no one in corporate IT asked my opinion. :D

debtfreeDec11
11-22-2017, 12:58 AM
That happened to me at home and I just ignored the error...

Thomas.
11-22-2017, 10:54 AM
I had the same problem with Sophos at work from yesterday. Out IT guy contacted them, and this was the reply:

When checking www.debtfreefanatics.com (http://www.debtfreefanatics.com/) we looked at many factors, such as the ownership details, location, popularity and other sites relating to reviews, threats, phishing etc. Although a site like may have a high trust rating, it's worth just checking the countries involved as these could indicate that goods would be shipped from abroad rather than your home country.

The internet is populated with many fake and scam sites - with many being created daily purely to look genuine. Even many review sites are tainted with fake reviews making it almost impossible for somebody to detect a safe site from a scam. We attempt to analyse the website information and provide a trust guide that will help you determine the risk rating of the debtfreefanatics.com (http://debtfreefanatics.com/) website.

lexnaturalis
11-22-2017, 11:00 AM
That's about as useless an answer as possible.

Basically it's a false positive report. Probably not a lot we can do without trying to contact each vendor and asking them to do a manual review. Kind of a pain.

Thomas.
11-22-2017, 11:39 AM
That's about as useless an answer as possible.

Basically it's a false positive report. Probably not a lot we can do without trying to contact each vendor and asking them to do a manual review. Kind of a pain.

I know it's useless, it doesn't even relate to what DFF is or does. But clearly someone in the industry has picked it up as a "bad site" for whatever reason.

coolmom42
11-22-2017, 01:12 PM
I know it's useless, it doesn't even relate to what DFF is or does. But clearly someone in the industry has picked it up as a "bad site" for whatever reason.

Dumbazzes......

I am not given the option of ignoring the warning and proceeding. It's just blocked.

Now what am I supposed to do during conference calls??????????

wannabedebtfree
11-23-2017, 10:08 PM
Dumbazzes......

I am not given the option of ignoring the warning and proceeding. It's just blocked.

Now what am I supposed to do during conference calls??????????

Use your Smartphone to connect via wifi and then visit the site? :devil:

Seriously, I'm getting the same error. I just ignored it. I have that option at home. I figure that if Lex or Greebo wanted my computer to get a virus, I would have received it long ago.

fourteeners
11-26-2017, 10:48 AM
I got the message yesterday from google chrome. I persisted, and haven't seen it since. Are the certificates up to date?

cjdj
11-27-2017, 08:36 AM
But clearly someone in the industry has picked it up as a "bad site" for whatever reason.

Ramsey Solutions? Just to put a marker down in case they get back in the forum business? :)

cjdj
11-27-2017, 08:36 AM
I got it over the weekend on my Chrome browser at home.

lexnaturalis
11-27-2017, 10:53 AM
I got the message yesterday from google chrome. I persisted, and haven't seen it since. Are the certificates up to date?
Yes, the SSL cert is valid and up to date. If you see the error again can you take a screenshot and send it to me?

Thomas.
11-27-2017, 11:13 AM
Ramsey Solutions? Just to put a marker down in case they get back in the forum business? :)
I did wonder that.

fourteeners
11-27-2017, 11:48 AM
Yes, the SSL cert is valid and up to date. If you see the error again can you take a screenshot and send it to me?

Yes.

coolmom42
11-27-2017, 10:02 PM
Will do.

I can very briefly see the front page of the site, then the McAfee warning shows up.