PDA

View Full Version : Please put all change requests here

EvilGreebo
09-01-2015, 08:17 AM
So I'm trying to not go too nuts here setting up too many forums or features, since this may be a temporary home. As such, if there's a particular subforum you really want to see created again, please let me know here.

Thomas.
09-01-2015, 08:20 AM
Can I request that you take over running the main forum on a contract basis from Lampo?

:D

EvilGreebo
09-01-2015, 08:22 AM
Can I request that you take over running the main forum on a contract basis from Lampo?

You can, but Lampo might have something to say about it. ;)

financial_mom
09-01-2015, 08:31 AM

Like!

EvilGreebo
09-01-2015, 08:32 AM
I forgot how much detail goes into setting up a new forum. So many settings and variables - and this is new software for me.

So general request - if you see something that looks generic and like it probably should be customized, let me know here, I'll try to figure out how to fix it...

Thomas.
09-01-2015, 09:06 AM
When I post, I get dropped back out of the thread I replied to. Can this be changed?

EvilGreebo
09-01-2015, 09:10 AM
When I post, I get dropped back out of the thread I replied to. Can this be changed?

You mean it takes you back to the thread list? Hmm, I'm not sure, but I'll look into it

------------------------------------- Update

By default, when you submit a post, you are taken back to the board in which the post was made. Many people, however, prefer to be returned to the post which they have just made.

There are two ways to achieve this:

• Each member can set this in their profile. In the look and layout section, put a check in 'Return to topics after posting by default' and click 'Save'.

• To make it the default setting for guests and new members, go to Admin panel > Current theme > Member Options. On that page, click on 'Configure guest and new user options for this theme' under the theme's name for which you want this to apply. On the page that opens, check the box next to 'Return to topics after posting by default' and save your new setting.

• To make it the default setting for everyone, go to Admin panel > Current theme > Member Options. On that page, click on 'Change current options for all members using this theme' under the theme's name for which you want this to apply. On the page that opens, click the drop-down box next to 'Return to topics after posting by default' and click 'Change'. Check the box next to it and save your new setting.

If you want to set this for more than one theme, you will need to modify each one separately.

------------------------------------------------------------

I will set this as the default as IMO it makes MUCH more sense.

EvilGreebo
09-01-2015, 09:14 AM
Testing if it worked

Yay, it worked!

Thomas.
09-01-2015, 09:29 AM
Test

Thomas.
09-01-2015, 09:29 AM
Yay, thanks for changing it :)

JOinMO
09-01-2015, 10:28 AM
Can you set up thread categories, like the WC, FL, BS Accountability, etc?

Certainly not complaining about what you've been able to do so far. I do appreciate the lifeline!

EvilGreebo
09-01-2015, 10:32 AM
Can you set up thread categories, like the WC, FL, BS Accountability, etc?

Certainly not complaining about what you've been able to do so far. I do appreciate the lifeline!

Yes, I can. However, I don't recall all of the major and minor categories, so your help in getting details about where they were/should go would be helpful.

midnight0300
09-01-2015, 10:37 AM
In addition to those mentioned, I also used the Bookworm category. It was a subcategory of something and I can't remember what. I'm perfectly okay if you don't have PP on here!

financial_mom
09-01-2015, 01:18 PM
There needs to be a '7 is Heaven' category. Many count down their mortgages there.

Other categories I remember:

Singles
Investing
Small Business
Dave says sell

Patrick
09-01-2015, 01:28 PM
Lampo Sucks subforum.

EvilGreebo
09-01-2015, 02:45 PM
There needs to be a '7 is Heaven' category. Many count down their mortgages there.

Other categories I remember:

Singles
Investing
Small Business
Dave says sell

Created (kinda)

EvilGreebo
09-01-2015, 02:45 PM
Lampo Sucks subforum.

Tempting...
but no...

sueinsf
09-01-2015, 02:56 PM
Can you let us know what, if anything, we can do to help you, since you have so kindly set this up? I am thinking of tasks we can volunteer to do; donations to cover any expenses if this platform is not free; or things we can avoid doing to prevent causing headaches. If you can't think of anything right now, please let me/us know as things arise - this was very kind of you and I know we all want to make it as easy as possible.

JOinMO
09-01-2015, 03:06 PM
Lampo Sucks subforum.

Roflao!

gregcari06
09-01-2015, 03:18 PM
test

sluggo
09-01-2015, 03:45 PM
Anybody got a 5 and five ones for a 10?>

Turcoise
09-01-2015, 03:56 PM
How about a list of Current Members and if we know them their old screen names.

gregcari06
09-01-2015, 06:17 PM
I have two questions.

1) How will someone post a budget to this site?

2) Can someone remind me how to enable spell check?

lwcgrad08
09-01-2015, 06:42 PM
subforum for challenges

EvilGreebo
09-01-2015, 06:48 PM
I have two questions.

Well we're not trying to replace everything TMMO did, just the forums.

Your browser may or may not support it. What are you using?

gregcari06
09-01-2015, 07:00 PM
I have two questions.

Well we're not trying to replace everything TMMO did, just the forums.

The ability to post a budget for me was the first major turning point in tackling debt. As other peoples input changed the way my thought process worked. But I get it, its a big job, and something you didn't anticipate doing i'm sure.

Your browser may or may not support it. What are you using?

I'm using Google Chrome and figured this out myself. Just right click on the empty field and enable spell check.

Thanks again for getting this site going!

EvilGreebo
09-01-2015, 07:08 PM
As I learn about the forum software we're using (I seriously did just tell the host, use whatever default software you recommend) I'm finding that it's pretty powerful, with lots of possible enhancements, so as time goes on and we start to stabilize I will be looking into other features we can add for minimal effort and maximum demand satisfaction.

And yes, live chat IS a future possibility..

FashionBroker
09-01-2015, 07:14 PM
Where can I see my buddy list?

FYI, I have tried the help section of this forum and it says the admin has to activate it or something for me to see in my profile.

polly-anna
09-01-2015, 07:17 PM
i don't guess we could have a 55+ forum again? i think we have special challenges in this group and wish more folks would post there.

EvilGreebo
09-01-2015, 07:18 PM
polly-anna - of course you can have your 55+ forum again. And some Ensure.

FashionBroker - let me figure out how that works, then BUDDY LISTS FOR EVERYONE!

EvilGreebo
09-01-2015, 07:21 PM
Where can I see my buddy list?

FYI, I have tried the help section of this forum and it says the admin has to activate it or something for me to see in my profile.

From what I can see, it should be active. Can you check again - under 'Profile - Modify Profile - Buddies/Ignore List'

FashionBroker
09-01-2015, 07:23 PM
polly-anna - of course you can have your 55+ forum again. And some Ensure.

FashionBroker - let me figure out how that works, then BUDDY LISTS FOR EVERYONE!

I may have figured it out: I changed my settings so that I see menus where possible instead of dropdowns... (fyi that is a feature) and can see my buddy list there. I will poke around and see if I can figure out how to make it stay on a main screen or something without going to my profile.

EvilGreebo
09-01-2015, 07:25 PM
If you click on a users name, it takes you to their profile, and from there you can add them to your buddy list more easily.

Don't ask me what that does for you, though - I am just learning this forum software with the rest of you. :D

chiaroscuromom
09-01-2015, 07:26 PM
Is there a naughty words/censor list? Can we have some fun with that?

EvilGreebo
09-01-2015, 07:42 PM
Well I figured sooner or later someone would ask.

Yes, there is a word filter.

It, however, is blank by default. I've added a few obvious ones, and need to add more. I've also added a few 're-mappings', so if you say certain bad words, rather than **** you'll get other terms. For instance, if you try to type s--- what you'll get is poop.

I'll probably be adding more words to the filter over time as need arises. Generally I'm relying on users to behave themselves, however, and use common sense about decency.

Yeah, we're doomed.

cumber1137
09-01-2015, 07:50 PM
Bahaha!

chiaroscuromom
09-01-2015, 08:31 PM
I once frequented a board with a benevolent dictator who HATED 'lol' and remapped it to 'Oh my, that's so funny! Ha ha ha!'

May I humbly suggest some substitutions in this vein? The fart and poop jokes are a great start.

hefty244
09-01-2015, 08:35 PM
^^^^ excellent suggestion!

EvilGreebo
09-01-2015, 08:39 PM
So had a little fun with this
{verb we love that's impolite to discuss}
{rooster}
{result of bodily function. smelly}
{Horrible word of which I should be ashamed}

See if you can guess the filters.

EvilGreebo
09-01-2015, 08:40 PM
I do, however, intend to keep censoring to a minimum. Extremely offensive words, sure, but we're all, I hope, adults here and can hopefully handle the occasional damn.

EvilGreebo
09-01-2015, 08:51 PM
I've attempted to enable spell checking. Not sure how it works, but I see a 'spell check' button below the reply box...lets see what it does!

Oh..

Oh my.

That's GOOD.

That's VERY GOOD.

shellypaints
09-01-2015, 09:00 PM
{Horrible word of which I should be ashamed}
{result of bodily function. smelly}
{verb we love that's impolite to discuss}
{rooster}

I think I figured a few out

let's see
self moderated :-[

Teaux
09-01-2015, 09:10 PM
Please don't LET people use sewing in place of sex. I know that wasn't a Lampo thing but GAH it drives me crazy. Sex, people, it's called sex!

Teaux
09-01-2015, 09:11 PM
Hey, I read earlier that you fixed the bounce back to the main page when we make a post. Yet, I just got bounced back. GREEEEEEBO, what did I do wrong?

financial_mom
09-01-2015, 09:13 PM
Please don't LET people use sewing in place of sex. I know that wasn't a Lampo thing but GAH it drives me crazy. Sex, people, it's called sex!

Raising my glass ....

Shelbruk
09-01-2015, 09:39 PM
Can we have our TV, movie, and book forums? That made it easier to see others' opinions without having to slog through weeks/months of daily minutae.

Shredder247
09-01-2015, 11:46 PM
Hey, I read earlier that you fixed the bounce back to the main page when we make a post. Yet, I just got bounced back. GREEEEEEBO, what did I do wrong?

There are profile changes each person must make to do this. It's not universal. Hope this helps. greebs posted instructions earlier in this thread.

spoiled_lil_boy
09-02-2015, 12:18 AM
Oh..

Oh my.

That's GOOD.

That's VERY GOOD.

My goodness, I haven't seen a text-based orgasm since Yahoo shut down their chat rooms............... :P

wannabedebtfree
09-02-2015, 03:17 AM
Oh..

Oh my.

That's GOOD.

That's VERY GOOD.

My goodness, I haven't seen a text-based orgasm since Yahoo shut down their chat rooms............... :P

I just choked on breakfast...thankyouverymuch.

wannabedebtfree
09-02-2015, 03:21 AM
I do, however, intend to keep censoring to a minimum. Extremely offensive words, sure, but we're all, I hope, adults here and can hopefully handle the occasional damn.

Can we make sure that the Green Giant's slogan DOESN'T get moderated (also, Santa Claus' laugh). We post about being gung ho and would see stars...give me a break!

wannabedebtfree
09-02-2015, 03:22 AM
Lampo Sucks subforum.

Tempting...
but no...

Lord, help us. Patrick! and I actually AGREE on something!

coolmom42
09-02-2015, 05:16 AM
Can you let us know what, if anything, we can do to help you, since you have so kindly set this up? I am thinking of tasks we can volunteer to do; donations to cover any expenses if this platform is not free; or things we can avoid doing to prevent causing headaches. If you can't think of anything right now, please let me/us know as things arise - this was very kind of you and I know we all want to make it as easy as possible.

What she said.

coolmom42
09-02-2015, 05:19 AM

Actually it WAS a Lampo thing... because SEX was CENSORED!!!!!!!!!

coolmom42
09-02-2015, 05:20 AM
Are Private Topics set up somewhere? if not, can they be enabled?

lexnaturalis
09-02-2015, 07:19 AM
Minor change request: Is there a way to change 'Previous' and 'Next' on the bottom right to read 'Previous Thread' and 'Next Thread' because right now it looks like it should take you to the next page in a multi-page thread.

That may help new folks (or stupid slow folks like me) remember.

EvilGreebo
09-02-2015, 07:21 AM
Minor change request: Is there a way to change 'Previous' and 'Next' on the bottom right to read 'Previous Thread' and 'Next Thread' because right now it looks like it should take you to the next page in a multi-page thread.

That may help new folks (or stupid slow folks like me) remember.

I haven't yet figured out how to change keywords like this, but I'm eager to figure it out too.

EvilGreebo
09-02-2015, 07:22 AM

go to profile, modify profile, look and layout, and check the 'return to thread after posting' option. Don't forget to save your changes.

lexnaturalis
09-02-2015, 07:32 AM
I haven't yet figured out how to change keywords like this, but I'm eager to figure it out too.

The only way I know how is to change the language file directly. For example, here's the basic index.php template location:
/home/upgrade/public_html/forum/Themes/default/languages/index.english.php

The lines in question are lines 643 & 644

$txt['previous_next_back'] = '« previous';
$txt['previous_next_forward'] = 'next »';

EvilGreebo
09-02-2015, 07:41 AM

The only way I know how is to change the language file directly. For example, here's the basic index.php template location:
/home/upgrade/public_html/forum/Themes/default/languages/index.english.php

The lines in question are lines 643 & 644

$txt['previous_next_back'] = '« previous';
$txt['previous_next_forward'] = 'next »';

Well, that's what I was wondering. I was thinking maybe they were database driven.

lexnaturalis
09-02-2015, 07:45 AM
You'd think, but no. On the one hand it makes it easier to update, because for some users updating the database directly would be hard.

EvilGreebo
09-02-2015, 07:46 AM
Guess before I start fiddling around too much I'd better download all the php and make a backup.

And yeah, there's pro's and cons. Of course if you had a database table you could create an admin screen to make it easy for everyone...

lexnaturalis
09-02-2015, 07:51 AM
As a somewhat related aside, if you're looking for a script that can automate backups (including automatically uploading a copy to a cloud storage provider of your choice) you might want to check this out: https://www.akeebabackup.com/products/akeeba-solo.html

I use their Wordpress and Joomla tools almost every day for my clients and it works beautifully. Set up a cron job and it'll just automatically back everything up (files and database) and create a self-contained file that includes a built-in installer.

Turcoise
09-02-2015, 07:52 AM
Is there anyway to make the search function work better?

I used search all the time to find the topics I had commented on so I could see what others were saying without having to search them out (usually just searched for my username). I can't seem to just search for all my posts on this one...

EvilGreebo
09-02-2015, 07:56 AM
There you go Lex, how's that?

EvilGreebo
09-02-2015, 08:01 AM

I used search all the time to find the topics I had commented on so I could see what others were saying without having to search them out (usually just searched for my username). I can't seem to just search for all my posts on this one...

Click on your own username, then click on 'Show posts' to see all the posts you've written, or 'Show threads' to see all the threads you've started.

lexnaturalis
09-02-2015, 08:03 AM
There you go Lex, how's that?

Brilliant!

nerdbird
09-02-2015, 09:07 AM
Private topics?

EnV
09-02-2015, 09:08 AM
PIE!!!!!!

EvilGreebo
09-02-2015, 09:38 AM
Private topics?

That is something I'm looking into. It was a pretty unique feature of Fusetalk, but I think there are ways we can set something up. Not highest priority, however., sorry.

EnV
09-02-2015, 10:02 AM
I've attempted to enable spell checking. Not sure how it works, but I see a 'spell check' button below the reply box...lets see what it does!

Oh..

Oh my.

That's GOOD.

That's VERY GOOD.

THAT WHAT SHE SAID!

coolmom42
09-02-2015, 11:37 AM
Is there a way to insert a hyperlink that shows normal text--like a description or name of the link---in place of the actual link?

If not, can we get one?

EvilGreebo
09-02-2015, 11:39 AM
Yes there is (http://babystepaddict.com)

Yes there is (http://babystepaddict.com)

pdherman
09-02-2015, 12:48 PM
Chatroom option?

EvilGreebo
09-02-2015, 01:07 PM
Chatroom option?

It's a possibility but usually requires the purchase of software to support the chatroom functionality. There are several options that can work with SMF, but I haven't priced any out. Lower priority at the moment.

jezter6
09-02-2015, 03:08 PM
Is there a way to automatically open the quick reply so that you don't have an extra mouse click just to respond?

lakelady
09-02-2015, 03:44 PM
No change request, just a thank you. This is much better than the old forums!

lexnaturalis
09-02-2015, 04:05 PM
Technical Request: SSL.

I'd be happy to pay for the cert.

EvilGreebo
09-02-2015, 04:10 PM
Is there a way to automatically open the quick reply so that you don't have an extra mouse click just to respond?

Dunno. Mine's always open by default.

Here it is!
http://babystepaddict.com/index.php?action=profile;area=theme

Near the bottom, you've got a drop down option

Turcoise
09-02-2015, 04:47 PM

Click on your own username, then click on 'Show posts' to see all the posts you've written, or 'Show threads' to see all the threads you've started.

Thanks!

Immerito
09-02-2015, 05:12 PM
A 'pay this poster' button. ; D

cwilli26
09-02-2015, 05:48 PM
A general 'Entertainment' category would be nice (sorry if suggested already, I didn't real all posts in this thread). We used to have music, TV, movies, books, etc. that didn't get a ton of action, but a single entertainment category might.

gregcari06
09-02-2015, 06:56 PM
Can the signature line be expanded? Right now its set to 300 characters and 5 lines. Since there are 7 steps a format of at least 7 lines would be nice...or more as it would be cool to put in some quotes.

cbent3
09-02-2015, 07:14 PM
From my cache -- the basic Categories from the old forum as it appeared on my browser. The italicized names are those I'm not sure of the full name since I didn't read them and they ended with four periods ....

Categories

The Rules
Forum Basics
Money Talks
The Water Cooler
Success Stories
Political Punditry
Pop Culture Madness
Movies and Film
Everything Must Go
Television 101
Book Worms Unit
Specialized For...
7 is Heaven
Small Business
Frugal Living
Investing Forum
Singles
Gazelle Fitness
FPU Coordinators
Financial Counselors
55+ Gazelles
Regional
North East
Southeast
Northwest & West
Southwest
Midwest
Canada
Dave said sell
Debt Snowball F...
Gazelle Budget
Private Topics

EvilGreebo
09-02-2015, 08:31 PM
Can the signature line be expanded? Right now its set to 300 characters and 5 lines. Since there are 7 steps a format of at least 7 lines would be nice...or more as it would be cool to put in some quotes.

Updated to 7 lines, 400 chars.

I'm not a fan of LONG sigs so... I might be persuaded to go 8 or 9 but not much more

cbent3
09-02-2015, 09:03 PM
I can only applaud once an hour? :-\

paculina
09-02-2015, 09:14 PM
Is there a way to get a sidebar for navigation between forums? I loved that feature of TMMO!

Thanks for doing all this Greebo!

gregcari06
09-03-2015, 01:43 AM

Updated to 7 lines, 400 chars.

I'm not a fan of LONG sigs so... I might be persuaded to go 8 or 9 but not much more

7 is great, but 9 would be even better :)

Cars were a fairly hot topic at the old TMMO forums. It might be nice to have a separate section for cars. Real estate might also be a hot topic item.

lovesmurfs
09-03-2015, 09:36 AM
Please make it stop! I'm not sure what change was made, but every link I click in the forums opens a new window.

Well, that was fast -- it stopped.

http://www.humoar.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/keep-scrolling-nothing-to-see-here.jpg

EvilGreebo
09-03-2015, 09:38 AM
Please make it stop! I'm not sure what change was made, but every link I click in the forums opens a new window.

Nothing I did. Did you play with your forum options?

vlk56pa
09-03-2015, 10:11 AM
I'd like to see all of the Money Talks type challenges in a separate section.

I started staying out of MT because it was so hard to sift through all of the challenges, which tend to be very active and at the top of the heap, to find the single questions. I also wanted to get my sister involved and I'm sure that all of the challenges would be a bit much for a newbie to understand at first. She's already overwhelmed by debt.

The Mrs.
09-03-2015, 10:24 AM
http://babystepaddict.com/index.php?topic=133.msg0#new

Thomas.
09-03-2015, 11:03 AM
How about combining the music, books, TV and movies chat into a single forum? Could call it 'It's the Arts'.

spoiled_lil_boy
09-03-2015, 11:23 AM
How about combining the music, books, TV and movies chat into a single forum? Could call it 'It's the Arts'.

you don't mind if I call you Edward?

Thomas.
09-03-2015, 11:31 AM

you don't mind if I call you Edward?

All right, but I draw the line at 'Eddie baby'.

spoiled_lil_boy
09-03-2015, 11:42 AM
Thomas. and I probably need a 'Monty Python & Douglas Adams' subforum. :)

Thomas.
09-03-2015, 11:59 AM
You mean those aren't a 'General Topic of Interest'? :)

spoiled_lil_boy
09-03-2015, 12:15 PM
They certainly are to me! ;)

Dorothy
09-03-2015, 12:43 PM
When I look at the times that posts are done, they aren't in 'my time'. I looked a bit for how to change the time shown to be CST, but couldn't find it. Anyone know how I can change my view to show the times of posts to be in my time zone?

Thanks!

spoiled_lil_boy
09-03-2015, 12:49 PM
It's in the 'Look and Layout' section of your profile.

Put -1 in the Time Offset field.

Dorothy
09-03-2015, 12:57 PM
Thanks SLB!! and I made the Quick Reply box show automatically while I was there :)

cbent3
09-03-2015, 02:07 PM
Is there a control to increase the topics and messages per page to a value greater than 50? I'm partial to 100.

http://i1063.photobucket.com/albums/t512/cbent3/Capture_zpsmg6dmdm9.png

FashionBroker
09-03-2015, 08:11 PM
Can we add a fitness subforum?

polly-anna
09-04-2015, 07:58 AM
i don't wanna be pushy but maybe could wehave a separate board for 'what are you doing today for TMMO'? I really like those small victories and am often encouraged/inspired/reminded by others' posts.

Just a thought.

polly-anna
09-04-2015, 08:09 AM
last one, i promise....are we going to have a 'debt free diary' board? I would really like that...and seeing others' whole journeys would be great.

I promise i will stop asking now, Greebo Claus.

EvilGreebo
09-04-2015, 08:35 AM
For the record I'm reading this thread but I don't have time right now to address everything. I'll be spending more time this weekend on addressing the requests.

McRoach789
09-04-2015, 09:25 AM
I haven't read this entire thread, so maybe this has been discussed. But are there plans to add a Success Stories section? It was very inspirational!

lumberjack2001
09-04-2015, 12:14 PM
I haven't read through all of these, but I would love to have a fitness forum like we had before. I miss that group!

wintersong
09-04-2015, 05:21 PM
I, too, haven't gone through all of the responses.
Have you identified how you would like us to request stickies?
If it hasn't been requested already, I'd like to request FD's list of top 80 books over in the Investor's Corner get stickied.
Thanks.

textev
09-04-2015, 06:30 PM
Could I have change for a $20?

textev
09-04-2015, 06:36 PM
Can we sticky the two Retirement FAQ threads (one right after the other) by DebtKickerJim?

lovesmurfs
09-04-2015, 08:01 PM
It would be great to have a 'Success Stories' forum as well -- When I needed a pick-me-up, it was so great to visit that section.

EvilGreebo
09-04-2015, 08:29 PM
I'll be working on adding the forums we're missing tomorrow.

medicbear911
09-05-2015, 03:06 PM
Not sure if anyone suggested this yet...but is there away a challenge specific category could be set up. That way all challenges are contained in a single thread. Thanks in advance and sorry it this is a repeat suggestion.

dtwalters
09-05-2015, 04:11 PM
Thank you, Greebo & Lex, for taking up this task and standing in the gap for those of us who still wish to have a MTMMO.com-like community forum! Do you have any plans to make it mobile friendly?

rolo4evr
09-05-2015, 07:54 PM
Can you stick the Breathing Space topic in Talking Money to the top of the page?

Also, Frugal Living has 1 or 2 topics that need sticking too.

Thanks.

wintersong
09-06-2015, 08:42 AM
As I'm understanding it, if I'm reading in the middle of a post, I can comment before reaching the end by quoting someone. My other option is to get to the end and then use the reply button or the quick respond button.
I'm technologically enough challenged that both of those options are challenging me. ::) :-[

Using the 'reply' box, I can't figure out how to see the other posts like if I want to use someone's name. I know some of the posts are listed below the reply box, but not all of them appear to be listed.

Using 'quick reply' I don't get the bells and whistles--the emoticons, font size, color change, etc.
And then when I've changed my mind about posting, I'm confused about how to get back to where I was...I've been hitting the back browser button, but is there a cancel button?

Could each person's comment box have a reply button in addition to the quote button? Sometimes I might want to reply right now but not quote.
Could the reply box be a pop up box? One that you can grab and move around so you can see the person's comment that you're responding to?

EvilGreebo
09-06-2015, 08:51 AM
I'm afraid that level of customization isn't something I'm going to be able to tackle at this time. New software comes with a learning curve, for me as well. I know it's frustrating but I think after a while you'll figure out the best way to use the software, and as time goes on I'll be better at figuring out what we can change.

Meanwhile, be reassured you're not the only one going through these growing pains! :D

loveweims
09-06-2015, 10:16 AM
Can we have an Emergency Preparedness Sub-form? Lots of us love this topic.

wintersong
09-06-2015, 12:31 PM
I'm afraid that level of customization isn't something I'm going to be able to tackle at this time. New software comes with a learning curve, for me as well. I know it's frustrating but I think after a while you'll figure out the best way to use the software, and as time goes on I'll be better at figuring out what we can change.

Meanwhile, be reassured you're not the only one going through these growing pains! :D

I love you regardless. And love the Missus too for letting you take on this enormous project!

EvilGreebo
09-06-2015, 02:52 PM
Can we have an Emergency Preparedness Sub-form? Lots of us love this topic.

Created!

spoiled_lil_boy
09-06-2015, 06:13 PM
In the text for the 'The Dave Ramsey Total Money Makeover System' subforum, it says: '... you may wish to consider posting in the general 'Talking Money' forum instead ... '.

There doesn't seem to be a 'Talking Money' forum.

lexnaturalis
09-06-2015, 06:43 PM
Good catch, spoiled. The language has been updated.

loveweims
09-06-2015, 07:20 PM
The new DR TMMO, success stories and emer prep are public still. The rest are hidden until you log in.

lexnaturalis
09-06-2015, 07:27 PM
The new DR TMMO, success stories and emer prep are public still. The rest are hidden until you log in.

That has now been rectified.

Thomas.
09-09-2015, 08:46 AM
Can the Quote be set so that the cursor is automatically one line below the bottom of the quote? I've seen a few posts now where the reply is buried in the quote itself.

favrielle
09-09-2015, 10:07 AM
The automatic profanity filter is starring out 'f r i g', which we discovered when someone mistyped fridge over in Frugal Living. Also, 's c r e w', as in screw-top jar lid.

EvilGreebo
09-09-2015, 10:12 AM
Filter updated

Immerito
09-10-2015, 01:05 AM
Can you please fix the search function so that you don't have to go to the 'home' page in order to accurately find all relevant threads with your search term(s)?

EvilGreebo
09-10-2015, 05:51 AM
Ok I just tried doing a search on the term vBulletin while in this thread. I scrolled up to the top of the page, typed vBulletin , hit search, got no results, but it kept 'vbulletin' in the search box and when i hit search AGAIN, it searched everything.

Then I came back here, typed 'search' in the search box, hit search, and it found instances of search IN THIS THREAD ONLY.

Yeah, that's annoying. The control is context specific - but that's bad design. A control shouldn't behave differently based on where you are...

Anyway, if we weren't moving to vBulletin soon, I would figure out how to fix / change that, but in vBulletin the search function works more like you'd expect, different controls for searching globally vs. searching locally, so I'm not likely to spend time on this here.

Won't be too long before the move, I promise. :)

JOinMO
09-10-2015, 05:12 PM
Can we please add a forum for Debt Free Screams and other celebratory news?

EvilGreebo
09-10-2015, 06:48 PM
We have Success Stories for that, don't we?

Jep
09-12-2015, 02:09 PM
Hi Greebo, thanks for your migration work. It looks like post/info/poster names are viewable for those not logged in. Could that be changed on this new site?

EvilGreebo
09-12-2015, 03:30 PM
Hi Greebo, thanks for your migration work. It looks like post/info/poster names are viewable for those not logged in. Could that be changed on this new site?

Could you be more specific please? Tell me how to recreate what you're seeing.

Jep
09-12-2015, 04:45 PM
When I'm logged out, I can still get into all the forums/see everything, but I just don't have a reply button. This was an issue with the last site since there was concern over privacy issues.

Dorothy
09-12-2015, 05:32 PM
I forgot to "remember me" and was logged out. Like Jep, I could see all of the forums.

EvilGreebo
09-12-2015, 05:56 PM
I'm thinking you actually could only see the Financial forums, which is bad enough... i messed up those permissions. Fixing now.

EvilGreebo
09-12-2015, 05:58 PM
Due to the forum software change, this thread has been closed. A new thread will be opened shortly.