PDA

View Full Version : Resize avatars

NinjaNerd
09-03-2015, 08:21 AM
I've noticed a lot of avatars from people that must be quite large, and all we are seeing is a thin vertical strip of it.
Many forum software programs limit the size of the avatar, this one may and it's not set.

In either case, if using Windows, there is a program called Paint. You can load your picture and resize it to make it fit better as an avatar. I'm sure Apple computers have a similar program. If mobile, you can use an app like Pixlr Express to resize your avatars if needed.

pellmell
09-03-2015, 08:57 AM
There are many websites that allow you to do the same. Here is one I found with a quick search.

http://optimizilla.com/

EvilGreebo
09-03-2015, 09:44 AM
Well so far from what I can tell, 'a lot' of avatars is 1, since I've only seen one like that.

However, the software is SUPPOSED to resize for you automatically when you upload. I made a few tweaks to the settings to hopefully fix that. Re-loading your avatar if you're having a problem should address the issue, I hope.

spoiled_lil_boy
09-03-2015, 10:02 AM
I've seen three like that: Sluggo's twerking elephant, somebody's baby, and somebody else's (mommameah?) ironing mom ... but only when I was on my tablet (Kindle Fire HDX) last night. They looked fine on the PC.

NinjaNerd
09-03-2015, 10:32 AM
I've seen probably the same three, it just seemed like they were in the same thread, causing one to think 'lot'.

CousinItt
09-05-2015, 07:08 PM
I've seen probably the same three, it just seemed like they were in the same thread, causing one to think 'lot'.

Oh yeah, I saw that, too.