PDA

View Full Version : Offical Change Request Tracking Thread

EvilGreebo
09-07-2015, 10:28 AM
OK, the dust is starting to settle. The name of the site has changed, we are gathering moderator nominations, and we've got donations set up and nearly fully implemented.

So - what else do people want to see? I know Lex is working on SSL but only the geeks will understand that one ;)

Top of my personal list:
1) CHAT

Jazz_Luvr
09-07-2015, 07:31 PM
I'd like to able to tag people in a post or response.

tanccaz
09-07-2015, 09:35 PM
How about a notification feature if someone quotes your post, so that we know there is conversation happening and we know to respond to it? Or is this already available and I just don't know where to look?

wintersong
09-07-2015, 10:20 PM
Someone mentioned this in another post, but is it possible to have the different categories posted to the left like on TMMO?

GertieMcFuzz
09-08-2015, 09:48 AM
Perhaps this is available and I don't know how to do it - in the old forums you could favorite a thread so that it stayed in the left hand panel. I don't care where the 'favorites' are located but it would be a nice feature to have them saved somewhere for easy access.

CookieB
09-08-2015, 01:29 PM
I mentioned this in a different thread, but I think I should put it here too.

I'd like to have a simple online budget tool to use for budget reviews.

I've attached the Budgeting template from Gazelle Budget.

lexnaturalis
09-08-2015, 02:08 PM
Well an online budget tool is a bit outside the scope of a forum, BUT it's a project I've been wanting to work on personally for a while so if I have time I will work on developing one. No promises, as it'll be in my free time, but it is on my list

spoiled_lil_boy
09-08-2015, 02:20 PM
Well an online budget tool is a bit outside the scope of a forum, BUT it's a project I've been wanting to work on personally for a while so if I have time I will work on developing one. No promises, as it'll be in my free time, but it is on my list

You have free time??

EvilGreebo
09-08-2015, 02:24 PM

You have free time??

Clearly I haven't given him enough to do.

spoiled_lil_boy
09-08-2015, 02:28 PM

You have free time??

Clearly I haven't given him enough to do.

LOL
Clearly.

lexnaturalis
09-08-2015, 06:48 PM
Notice the if I have time bit.

The budget tool is currently slated for a Q1 2020 release. :D

CookieB
09-08-2015, 07:30 PM
Notice the if I have time bit.

The budget tool is currently slated for a Q1 2020 release. :D

My Goodness. That's a bit of a wait. :'(

medicbear911
09-08-2015, 08:02 PM
I mentioned this elsewhere but saw this thread and figured I'd re-post. Any way of making a Challenge area?...for the debt clearing/money saving challenges that used to appear in Money Talks. This would make it easier to find the threads for currently running challenges and keep money talks a little less cluttered. Thanks in advance, Jennifer(medicbear911)

1Maryann
09-09-2015, 12:51 PM
I mentioned this elsewhere but saw this thread and figured I'd re-post. Any way of making a Challenge area?...for the debt clearing/money saving challenges that used to appear in Money Talks. This would make it easier to find the threads for currently running challenges and keep money talks a little less cluttered. Thanks in advance, Jennifer(medicbear911)

Hey! That's what I was going to say!

CookieB
09-12-2015, 04:11 PM
I'd like to have access to the Quick Style Chooser (bottom left) so that I can change the Skins on my monitor.

EvilGreebo
09-12-2015, 05:59 PM
Got a request for a feature or other change? Please post it here! Anywhere else and Greebo and Lex will probably ignore it... or move it here...

*Official new change request thread for vBulletin

favrielle
09-13-2015, 02:03 PM
I agree, we really need to get a devil/evil smiley!!!

CousinItt
09-14-2015, 04:49 PM
Is there a way to get rid of these ugly emoticons, and just keep the ones I like? I don't want to use these, and there are only a few decent ones in the entire list, so have to scroll and scroll and scroll just to get to them.

First world problems, I know. Sorry.

ironwoman05
09-15-2015, 09:56 AM
A direct link to "User CP" at the top of the page please :)

sluggo
09-15-2015, 12:53 PM
Is there a way to put a link back to the forum at the bottom of the thread? Like, when I finish reading this thread, I want to go back out to General Discussion.

CousinItt
09-15-2015, 04:02 PM
Is there a way to put a link back to the forum at the bottom of the thread? Like, when I finish reading this thread, I want to go back out to General Discussion.

Do you mean like the "Quick Navigation" thing directly under the last post? Click on the drop-down arrow next to it, and you'll be able to select where you want to go from there.

sluggo
09-15-2015, 04:18 PM
Do you mean like the "Quick Navigation" thing directly under the last post? Click on the drop-down arrow next to it, and you'll be able to select where you want to go from there.

Yeah, that's annoying, though. On the old Fusetalk mess, there was just a straight up link at the bottom of each page of the thread going back out to the forum. All that clicking and scrolling is just. so. much. werk.

Dorothy
09-15-2015, 05:36 PM

I use my back button on my browser and it takes me back to the forum from whence I came (or, in my case, back to New Posts)

CousinItt
09-15-2015, 05:49 PM
Yeah, that's annoying, though. On the old Fusetalk mess, there was just a straight up link at the bottom of each page of the thread going back out to the forum. All that clicking and scrolling is just. so. much. werk.

I see.:lemo:

EvilGreebo
09-15-2015, 06:16 PM
Two clicks.

1) "Top"
2) Breadcrumbs link

BUT - I agree with you, I like breadcrumbs at top and bottom. AFTER vb5 move, that's on my agenda.

Immerito
09-19-2015, 11:43 PM
An insert video link so that videos are embedded inside a post.

This was never directly replied to, so either Greebo didn't see it, or he laughed evilly, showed it to his minions, and tossed the idea into Orodruin.

Patrick
09-20-2015, 02:00 PM
When I'm on my phone (not sure if it happens on the laptop) and press the back button, the page always go to the top of the last page rather than to where on the page I had previously clicked on. For example, if I'm at the main forum page, scroll down and click on the politics forum, let that load, then go back to the main page, the page will be at the very top rather than at the politics link. It doesn't happen on other sites so it doesn't seem to be a browser setting.

NinjaNerd
09-20-2015, 02:03 PM
How about a forum category for product reviews. Sometimes you see those in Watercooler, sometimes in frugal living.
We often have people getting kitchen appliances, cell phones, tablets, going to concerts or events, maybe a product reviews would generate some traffic. If it was open to guest accounts, the reviews may even show up on google searches, bringing new people to the site.

Paquita
09-20-2015, 02:50 PM
I would like to see a Like (or whatever y'all decide) as well as a HUGS button. I don't post much but sometimes I want to show that I read a post and am thinking of them. {{{Shelbruk}}}

Immerito
09-23-2015, 09:18 AM
How about a forum category for product reviews. Sometimes you see those in Watercooler, sometimes in frugal living.
We often have people getting kitchen appliances, cell phones, tablets, going to concerts or events, maybe a product reviews would generate some traffic. If it was open to guest accounts, the reviews may even show up on google searches, bringing new people to the site.

I like this idea. A recommendations/reviews forum.

textev
09-27-2015, 08:36 AM
I used to really like the gazelle jungle/cheetah/gazelle/occasional emu banner across the top of the TMMO boards. Then it disappeared for some reason, never to return. (Maybe it is copyrighted?)

I also like the neat, clean, uncluttered, professional look of the top of vBulletin.

So this isn't really a suggestion except to raise the question of whether we want the strip across the top to stay neat, clean, uncluttered, professional - just like it is, or whether we want some kind of banner like the gazelle banner that was across the top of the TMMO boards for awhile - assuming it is even possible to change it.

My opinion varies by the hour.

lexnaturalis
09-27-2015, 09:45 AM
The template is fully customizable so we could make it look however we want. We may make some modifications once we get the upgrade to vb5 done.

EvilGreebo
10-02-2015, 07:22 AM
I used to really like the gazelle jungle/cheetah/gazelle/occasional emu banner across the top of the TMMO boards. Then it disappeared for some reason, never to return. (Maybe it is copyrighted?)
I don't remember this ... anyone got a cache image?

And wow, this thread got short when I moved out all the completed items.

EvilGreebo
10-02-2015, 07:24 AM
Or it was short, until I consolidated it with the redundant thread in general.... now more posts to move!

EvilGreebo
10-02-2015, 08:01 AM
I'd like to able to tag people in a post or response.

This is an option. There's a lite version (free) and a pro version ($80 for lifetime updates). It's made by the same people that did the donations add on. (And for the record I did buy lifetime support on donations because it means I'm not constantly having to log into paypal and manually verify everything...)

I could see tagging being seen as a bit obnoxious for some, which means I'd lean towards the paid version, simply because it allows tagging to be disabled as an individual preference.

Still, I'm reluctant to spend too much on mods. What I can do is set up the lite version and see what people think.

Major Features
Twitter-style @ "Mentions": Typing @username produces a "Mention" that will alert the user to your post, as well as link to their profile.

Quote Alerts: Members you quote will be alerted, ensuring that discussions can continue smoothly even if they left the thread.

Profile Integration: Displays Mentions, Tags and Quotes in profile tabs for quick overview of a member's activities within the mod.

Complete Feature List
Lite

Emails:

Email alerts for all features
Globally disable emails for any of the features

General Features:

Ability to disable Thread Tag list entirely for guests
Globally disable any of the features

General:

Statistics Page: Top X Thread Tagged, Top X Mentioned (Lite locked to Top 5)
"Mention" alerts: Type @username to mention someone, and link to their profile. Email & forum notification
Quote alerts: Email & forum notification
Tag an user in a thread to alert them to the thread via a box above threads
View list of tagged users above threads, with link to see all tags
Profile Tabs: Lists both incoming and outgoing mentions, quotes and thread tags
Shoutbox Integration: New Shoutbox Tab to list incoming mentions & tags
Control how many users to display in inline tag list
Turn statistics page on & off
Control BBCode for mentioned usernames (Underline only)
Control [DBTech] vBShout integration
Turn features on & off per category
Globally disable email alerts
Ability to set maximum mentions per post (default: unlimited)
Control what usergroups can use "Mentions"
Control what usergroups can use "Quotes"
Control what usergroups can use "Thread Tagging"
Direct link to post/blog in the "Mention Received" email
Direct link to post/blog in the "Quote Received" email
Direct link to thread in the "Thread Tag Received" email

Pro

Hash Tags:

One-click (un)subscribe to hash tags via the post list page
Clicking a hashtag shows all posts tagged with that word.
(vB4) Forum Sidebar widget with Recent and Trending hash tags
Control number of Recent / Trending hash tags
Control time span for Recent / Trending hash tags (x Hours/Days/Weeks)
Control stat weights given to individual users using the hash tag, and number of uses in total (for the Trending score)
Control display of number of users, number of uses and trending score
Deny usergroups access to sidebar block

Emails:

Per-user email disable for any of the 4 features

General Features:

Ability to Mention and Thread Tag whole usergroups by typing their name. Per-UG permission to disable Mentions / Thread Tags for this UG.

General:

Ability to tag all your friends by checking a checkbox instead of typing out usernames
Ability to tag and mention all usergroups by typing out the usergroup name, permissions control what UGs can be mentioned and tagged
Turn off alerts from everyone except friends
Hide forum notifications for individual features
Turn off email alerts for individual features
Hash tags, Twitter-style, add a topic to your post, sends notification to subscribed users
(vB4) Forum Sidebar block with Recent & Trending hash tags
(vB4) Mentions in posts visible in the Mobile Style (4.1.12+)
Turn tag list off
Control number of users displayed on Top X Stats
Hide "@" on mentions
Additional BBCode (Bold, Italic, Highlight) for mentions
Exclude usergroups from features
Exclude users from features
Control what usergroups can use "Hash Tags"

EvilGreebo
10-02-2015, 08:14 AM
Dang, I know I've added breadcrumbs at thread bottoms before. How the heck did I do it?

Wahlee
10-02-2015, 11:31 AM
Dang, I know I've added breadcrumbs at thread bottoms before. How the heck did I do it?

I don't know, but I hope you figure it out soon, because this is the feature I want the VERY MOST.

EvilGreebo
10-02-2015, 12:20 PM
I don't know, but I hope you figure it out soon, because this is the feature I want the VERY MOST.

Then look down a bit.

Wahlee
10-02-2015, 05:13 PM
then look down a bit.

woot woot!!!!

Roadrunnerof3
10-06-2015, 07:27 AM
As suggested by SLB, I decided to mention that I'd like to see a section in the forums where we can discuss books, television and movies we like. I don't really care if it is a sticky or a subforum. It would be nice to see reviews by others.

Thanks!

RunningMJ
10-06-2015, 09:52 AM
Maybe I just haven't seen it yet but is there a link I can click that will show threads I have started so that I don't have to look around for them? Similarly is there a link to show threads I have commented on? Thank you.

EvilGreebo
10-06-2015, 10:15 AM
Maybe I just haven't seen it yet but is there a link I can click that will show threads I have started so that I don't have to look around for them? Similarly is there a link to show threads I have commented on? Thank you.
If you click on your name or otherwise go to your profile, there are two links just for that:

GertieMcFuzz
10-07-2015, 09:32 AM
You have to wait 60 second between sending PM's is this something that can be reduced or eliminated?

spoiled_lil_boy
10-07-2015, 09:38 AM
You have to wait 60 second between sending PM's is this something that can be reduced or eliminated?

Not sure what you're doing that would run afoul of this restriction, but are you aware you can send the same PM to multiple recipients simultaneously?

GertieMcFuzz
10-07-2015, 09:48 AM
Not sure what you're doing that would run afoul of this restriction, but are you aware you can send the same PM to multiple recipients simultaneously?

I'm sending out personalized emails recruiting for my MLM ;)

I was just responding to a slight back log of PM's, they happened to not be very long replies so I kept running into the "try again in 23 sec...", "try again in 2 sec..."

#populargirlproblems :butterfly:

spoiled_lil_boy
10-07-2015, 09:51 AM
I'm sending out personalized emails recruiting for my MLM ;)

*snort*

Ah, carry on then.

60 seconds does seem a bit much. I don't see it going to zero but maybe 30.

Doesn't really matter what I think; it's a Greebo thing.

GertieMcFuzz
10-07-2015, 09:54 AM
And if he wants to keep it at 60 I won't be pissed - I will be more wordy in my replies.

textev
10-07-2015, 07:47 PM
I can't find a current Change Request thread - the only one I found is locked now due to changing software so I hope it is okay to ask for a change here.

How about making it possible for people who have websites to post them under their avatars, like was possible on the previous edition of this software that we used? I like to go to FD's website sometimes and also I don't know if CarolC has a link in the member list to her website but I hope so. But anyway it would be easier to see who has websites and go to them if the link were under their avatar.

EvilGreebo
10-07-2015, 07:51 PM
This is the correct thread.

I'm not sure I like the idea of URLs in avatar blocks. The thing is cluttered enough as it is. It's doable, with a little template editing, but I'm just not super keen on it.

Besides, you can always put it in your signature - or visit their profile page. Look at mine, for instance.

textev
10-07-2015, 08:21 PM
Aha - I wasn't sure a person could put it in their signature because I haven't noticed that anyone has. Maybe they have but I haven't seen any. I am not going to look at a person's profile page to see if they have a webpage although I would look if I knew they had one. Looks like the solution is for people with webpages who want us to look at them can just post on their signatures either the webpage or the fact that they have one listed on their profile page.

OK with me either way.

Thanks for the fast reply.

PurpleLion
10-08-2015, 11:15 AM
Resize image functionality?

I've seen vBulletin add-ons where you can add resize tags like this:

url

Or something similar.

PeggyinDenver
10-09-2015, 06:37 AM
Any chance of a reader view in the mobile version?

herbiedoobie
10-18-2015, 02:40 PM
I'd love a budgeting tool. My wife and I loved the Gazelle Budget, but hate the "Every Dollar" disaster with a passion. Free or not, it stinks.

I'd pay money for a good budgeting tool.

sluggo
10-19-2015, 12:48 PM
EvilGreebo Don't think I haven't noticed the addition of the link to the forum on the bottom of the thread.

Because I have.

Thanks. :D