PDA

View Full Version : Logged In Time Limit

Immerito
09-13-2015, 08:52 AM
Is there a way to change how long you are logged in for each session? Does the system have a set time limit, whether you are active or not, or does it log you out after X minutes of inactivity?

Dorothy
09-13-2015, 09:06 AM
When you log in, there is a box to click and you won't be logged out. Not good for a public computer, but great for home.

Immerito
09-13-2015, 11:54 AM
I don't trust that feature even on home computers. Thanks though. Maybe Lex or Greebo knows the answer.

EvilGreebo
09-13-2015, 11:56 AM
I don't trust that feature even on home computers.
Why?

Thanks though. Maybe Lex or Greebo knows the answer.
I can look. Not sure it's customizable in vBulletin.

Immerito
09-13-2015, 12:04 PM
It would seem to me that if it is a security risk on public computers, it is a security risk on home computers. I don't mind setting a longin length for a set time (60 minutes, whatever); logged in forever is where I draw the line. (*shrugs*)

Dorothy
09-13-2015, 01:54 PM
Why is it a risk on home computers? No one that I don't trust gets in my house - and my computer has a password on it so even if someone got in, they would need to crack the computer password.

Teaux
10-12-2015, 09:51 PM
I just logged out then back in to find that box to check so that I can stay logged in. Never saw it. Please help - I don't want to keep logging in over and over.

spoiled_lil_boy
10-12-2015, 11:14 PM
The box says "Remember Me" ... which is commonly used elsewhere on the Internet to mean "automatically fill in my username and password here whenever I land on this page". In vBulletin, however, it means "keep me logged in".

Do you see that box, Teaux?

Teaux
10-12-2015, 11:25 PM
The box says "Remember Me" ... which is commonly used elsewhere on the Internet to mean "automatically fill in my username and password here whenever I land on this page". In vBulletin, however, it means "keep me logged in".

Do you see that box, Teaux?

Oh, yeah, I thought that was for....well, just as you explained. Ok, I've got it now. Thanks.