View Full Version : password issues

Unregistered
09-17-2015, 03:20 PM
not saving my password when i do a reset. Lockedout

tmw-jmw

EvilGreebo
09-17-2015, 04:14 PM
tmw-jmw

When you reset your password, you are mailed a new password.

After you log in with that password, you should make it a point to change your password to something else that wasn't sent by email. You can do that on this page (http://www.debtfreefanatics.com/profile.php?do=editpassword) after you have gotten your temporary password. Note that the "current" password on that page should be your temp password.

The lockouts happen after 5 failed attempts to log in, which must be endured as I cannot override them. I would encourage you to not go past two failed password attempts next time before you try to reset your password again.

I realize that the password process is painful sometimes - this software works very hard to keep out spammers - but if you go slowly and read each screen very carefully and wait for emails when told they'll be sending, you should get through it all ok.

If not, you should be able to reply to this thread. If you have further troubles please supply detailed information on exactly what steps you took in trying to change your password.

Thanks

G

tmw-jmw
09-18-2015, 07:15 AM
I do this and it is not saving my pw. Everytime i leave the forums and come back I am locked out again. I go to my profile and change it after i get a email pw and it will lock me out once i leave the page. I am saving it. I don't know what else to do.

EvilGreebo
09-18-2015, 07:36 AM
Well you're logged in now. Try this:

Log out and back in (and remember to check "Remember Me", right now, using your new password. If it works, or if it fails, DO NOTHING ELSE - TRY ONLY ONCE - then come back here and post results.

EvilGreebo
09-18-2015, 08:16 AM
Or you could hang around for half an hour after I post this then leave w/o checking on your thread...

spoiled_lil_boy
09-18-2015, 08:43 AM
Repeat after me: "We love our users ... we love our users ..."

EvilGreebo
09-18-2015, 08:55 AM

lexnaturalis
09-18-2015, 10:31 AM
Please describe exactly what you're doing. Because it sounds like you're saying that you update your password and then you're automatically locked out.

I don't know what that means. Can you write down, step by step, what you do and how you get locked out?

EvilGreebo
09-19-2015, 09:03 AM
You got back in yesterday after the latest posts to this thread, so can I assume now that your issue has resolved itself?