PDA

View Full Version : Posting Permissions?

Katiebug
04-26-2020, 07:50 PM
i no longer have permission to post new topics or reply in most forums, including the members only section of this forum.

I changed my password from my computer then messed it up when trying to log in from my iPad enough times to get locked out for 15 minutes. I finally remembered it correctly and was able to log in. Could that be why?

As far as I know, I haven’t been controversial or done anything to get myself banned.

cwilli26
04-26-2020, 07:53 PM
coolmom42 lexnaturalis

cwilli26
04-26-2020, 07:54 PM
Jen

coolmom42
04-26-2020, 08:15 PM
Katiebug I'm pretty sure you are not logged in.

Make sure you know the password.
Log out on your Ipad and on the computer or anywhere else you might be logged in.
Then start first on your computer and log in.

I cannot get into the admin panel for some reason, although I though Lex had set me up. Perhaps he will be on soon and fix your issue, if the above steps don't fix it.

Katiebug
04-26-2020, 09:56 PM
Katiebug I'm pretty sure you are not logged in.

Make sure you know the password.
Log out on your Ipad and on the computer or anywhere else you might be logged in.
Then start first on your computer and log in.

I cannot get into the admin panel for some reason, although I though Lex had set me up. Perhaps he will be on soon and fix your issue, if the above steps don't fix it.

It says I am logged in. I changed my password again, but it still says I do not have permission to do anything. In this forum I have permission to do everything except edit my posts. I have no idea what I am doing wrong.

Katiebug
04-26-2020, 09:59 PM
This is what it says when I try to reply.

Katiebug, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
Log Out Home

coolmom42
04-26-2020, 11:50 PM
This is what it says when I try to reply.

Katiebug, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
Log Out Home

I suspect your account got disabled due to the multiple failed log-ins. Hang in there, we will get it sorted.

Katiebug
04-28-2020, 12:55 PM
I suspect your account got disabled due to the multiple failed log-ins. Hang in there, we will get it sorted.

Thank you. I’m thankful I can still read the forums, but I’m having withdrawals wanting to reply.

I feel like such a dufus. My password was apparently too complicated. I’ve fixed it now to be more memorable.

lexnaturalis
04-28-2020, 04:57 PM
Thank you. I’m thankful I can still read the forums, but I’m having withdrawals wanting to reply.
I feel like such a dufus. My password was apparently too complicated. I’ve fixed it now to be more memorable.
For some reason it showed that you're awaiting email confirmation. Did you happen to change your email address when you updated your password?

lexnaturalis
04-28-2020, 05:06 PM
Also I fixed the problem so you should be able to post again. But please check your email (including spam) because the forum probably sent you an email asking you to verify your address.

Katiebug
04-28-2020, 10:37 PM
For some reason it showed that you're awaiting email confirmation. Did you happen to change your email address when you updated your password?

Yes, I did change my email, because it was an old one that I no longer use. I’ll see what I can do about that. Thank you so much for your help.

Katiebug
04-28-2020, 11:24 PM
Also I fixed the problem so you should be able to post again. But please check your email (including spam) because the forum probably sent you an email asking you to verify your address.

Lex, I checked both emails, the old one and the one I updated. I checked spam, graymail and even trash in case I accidentally deleted it. I could not find an email asking for verification. I also double checked the spelling of the email in my settings. I don't know what else to do.

I'm sorry to be so much trouble. Thank you for reinstating my posting privileges.

lexnaturalis
04-30-2020, 08:47 AM
Lex, I checked both emails, the old one and the one I updated. I checked spam, graymail and even trash in case I accidentally deleted it. I could not find an email asking for verification. I also double checked the spelling of the email in my settings. I don't know what else to do.
I'm sorry to be so much trouble. Thank you for reinstating my posting privileges.
It's no trouble at all :)

It may be a bug, then. I'll see if I can investigate and figure it out.