PDA

View Full Version : Completed change requests

Thomas.
09-07-2015, 10:30 AM
Private Topics

EvilGreebo
09-07-2015, 10:33 AM
Lex was working on private topics. I think I saw he added a mod for it. Lex can you comment?

lexnaturalis
09-07-2015, 10:44 AM
I installed a private topic mod and it promptly broke the site. I fixed the site, but the mod doesn't work. I'm going to be working on that in the dev copy I'm making today to see if I can get it up and running.

EvilGreebo
09-07-2015, 10:46 AM
The mod I thought would be best for private topics was 'Group Moderators' which would allow a membergroup to have a moderator who could assign/remove people.

But that would have meant assigning a new forum for each PT and a new membergroup as well, so maybe not...

Thomas.
09-07-2015, 10:51 AM
Well, if the Groupmod can assign their own membergroup, that's pretty much how it worked on FuseTalk. Except PT owners couldn't moderate their topic.

jakabedy
09-07-2015, 04:45 PM
How about 'NEXT PAGE' and 'LAST PAGE' buttons alongside the clickable page numbers. If I'm on a phone or iPad, having to click the tiny page number to navigate to the next page is fraught with peril.

spoiled_lil_boy
09-07-2015, 05:03 PM
How about 'NEXT PAGE' and 'LAST PAGE' buttons alongside the clickable page numbers. If I'm on a phone or iPad, having to click the tiny page number to navigate to the next page is fraught with peril.

Oooh. That's a good one! I'd probably add 'FIRST PAGE' and 'PREVIOUS PAGE' just for completeness.

EvilGreebo
09-07-2015, 05:14 PM

I tried. No luck so far. Still on the radar.

lexnaturalis
09-07-2015, 05:28 PM
That will likely require a bit of custom coding. It's something I want to add for my own use as well so I'll probably try to find a solution mid-week.

EvilGreebo
09-07-2015, 07:08 PM
I suppose it does - because you have to figure out what the next page is.

There are mods for it, but they didn't work right when installed. Now that I'm feeling more comfortable with how the forum works internally it may be fixable from an existing mod.

textev
09-07-2015, 07:53 PM
I'm happy already.

But I would be ecstatic if we could have a Fitness Forum or whatever you want to call it.

I might even turn cartwheels, which would be quite amusing for one and all (check my age), including the paramedics who would inevitably get called.....

Really, I would love love love love a Fitness forum.

EvilGreebo
09-07-2015, 08:01 PM
Well geez all ya had to do was ask!

textev
09-07-2015, 08:02 PM
No cartwheels necessary?

;D ;D ;D

lumberjack2001
09-07-2015, 09:50 PM
I'm happy already.

But I would be ecstatic if we could have a Fitness Forum or whatever you want to call it.

I might even turn cartwheels, which would be quite amusing for one and all (check my age), including the paramedics who would inevitably get called.....

Really, I would love love love love a Fitness forum.

Agree! A Fitness forum would be awesome!

--Oops! Guess it was already added! Thanks Greebo!

Jen
09-07-2015, 10:24 PM
I think a forum for relationships would be awesome--a place to discuss relationship boundaries, in-laws, friends, etc. Maybe it would be best discussed under general discussion, but I think there are enough of these questions that come up that it might justify a category of its own.

stressedmess
09-07-2015, 10:53 PM
The previous forum had a 'Most Recent Posts' or something similar. You could click on and you would get a list of all the most current threads from all of the individual categories. That is what I always used, rather than clicking through each category.

Just want to say that you folks are doing a FANTASTIC job of being responsive to all of our wants. Thank you for your hard work!!!

spoiled_lil_boy
09-08-2015, 12:14 AM
The previous forum had a 'Most Recent Posts' or something similar. You could click on and you would get a list of all the most current threads from all of the individual categories. That is what I always used, rather than clicking through each category.

Click the 'Show unread posts since last visit.' thingie up top. That's what it does. I use it almost exclusively unless I think of something I want to add to a thread that hasn't had any traffic recently.

EvilGreebo
09-08-2015, 06:12 AM
How about a notification feature if someone quotes your post, so that we know there is conversation happening and we know to respond to it? Or is this already available and I just don't know where to look?

At the top of the page is a 'Show replies to your posts' link which is about as close as we're likely to get to that idea for a while.

EvilGreebo
09-08-2015, 06:13 AM
Someone mentioned this in another post, but is it possible to have the different categories posted to the left like on TMMO?

SMF and most forums in fact lay out their topics differently. Here, at the bottom of the thread, is a drop down labeled 'Jump to:' with the forums in it. If you pick a different forum from that list, you will be taken there.

Personally I hated the left hand menu and always hid it. Took up too much space for dead info.

Still, if I come across a 'left hand navigation panel' mod I'll look at it.

tanccaz
09-08-2015, 07:11 AM
How about a notification feature if someone quotes your post, so that we know there is conversation happening and we know to respond to it? Or is this already available and I just don't know where to look?

At the top of the page is a 'Show replies to your posts' link which is about as close as we're likely to get to that idea for a while.

I have been using that. Thank you so much for all of your hard work, greebo!

coolmom42
09-08-2015, 08:53 AM
I would like to see a private message option, and private groups.

EvilGreebo
09-08-2015, 09:00 AM
I would like to see a private message option, and private groups.

You mean private topics, right?

EvilGreebo
09-08-2015, 10:37 AM
Click 'Notify' at the bottom of the thread.

NOt sure what happens then... but I'll find out now. ;)

EvilGreebo
09-08-2015, 10:38 AM
Meh, don't love.

It puts the thread on your profile - notifications list:
http://www.debtfreefanatics.com/index.php?action=profile;area=notification

stressedmess
09-08-2015, 01:18 PM

Click the 'Show unread posts since last visit.' thingie up top. That's what it does. I use it almost exclusively unless I think of something I want to add to a thread that hasn't had any traffic recently.

Thanks! I had tried that before but must not have touched it just right to get the appropriate result.

CousinItt
09-08-2015, 08:55 PM
[font=verdana]Sex, Drugs, and Rock & Roll...

Jazz_Luvr
09-08-2015, 09:06 PM
I think some of us are having more fun with the new features than others. ;)

CousinItt
09-08-2015, 09:35 PM
I think some of us are having more fun with the new features than others. ;)

Who, moi? ;)

I love that these forums aren't so tighta...um, tight with features.

EvilGreebo
09-08-2015, 09:41 PM
Lets face it.

fusetalk sucked great big hairy donky balls.

spoiled_lil_boy
09-09-2015, 02:32 AM
Notice the if I have time bit.

The budget tool is currently slated for a Q1 2020 release. :D

My Goodness. That's a bit of a wait. :'(

'Underpromise and overdeliver' ... it's the developer's motto.

lexnaturalis
09-09-2015, 07:27 AM

Truth.

EnV
09-09-2015, 08:05 AM
Low hangers.

EvilGreebo
09-09-2015, 08:13 AM
Low hangers.

I don't know what that means

EnV
09-09-2015, 09:19 AM
Low hangers.

I don't know what that means

You said fusetalke sucked fat, hairy donkey balls....I said low hangers (aka they are big and hang low).

coolmom42
09-10-2015, 09:34 AM
I had issues copying and pasting from one post to another.... using CtrlC & CtrlV. It did strange things to the font. Fixed the font and there are some odd things showing in brackets. It's not a big deal since platform is migrating anyway, but just wanted to let you know.

shellypaints
09-10-2015, 10:42 AM
along the line of smileys the heart and broken heart, the drinking ones, and animated ones would be good too - I know we are a fixin to move to the bestest forum home in a bit but just tossing those out there. ;D

EvilGreebo
09-10-2015, 10:58 AM
I hate how smf smilies work. There's a very limited set of basic smilies and just to add more choices I had to add a weird mod.

vBulletin smilies admin is much easier.

shellypaints
09-10-2015, 11:24 AM
I hate how smf smilies work. There's a very limited set of basic smilies and just to add more choices I had to add a weird mod.

vBulletin smilies admin is much easier.

Good to know I will wait patiently for the migration then. :)

georgiadawgmom
09-10-2015, 12:02 PM
Limit adding your website to members here a month or with X number of posts. There are several members with ad/spammy websites that aren't posting. I don't mind a member here having their business linked, but looks like we are attracting some riff-raff.

EvilGreebo
09-10-2015, 12:12 PM
Limit adding your website to members here a month or with X number of posts. There are several members with ad/spammy websites that aren't posting. I don't mind a member here having their business linked, but looks like we are attracting some riff-raff.

That's usually inevitable with online forums that aren't closed to the public.

I'm used to weeding them out. Once they show themselves, they'll be gone.

lumberjack2001
09-11-2015, 06:15 PM
If there was a way to jump to the last read post in a thread that would be awesome. The old site had it and although it wasn't always perfect, it was usually pretty close.

Also, and this may not matter because of the move tomorrow, but is there a way to disable it from telling you that someone posted while you were writing your own post and that you might want to reconsider posting?

SueandTom
09-11-2015, 06:25 PM
If there was a way to jump to the last read post in a thread that would be awesome. The old site had it and although it wasn't always perfect, it was usually pretty close.

Also, and this may not matter because of the move tomorrow, but is there a way to disable it from telling you that someone posted while you were writing your own post and that you might want to reconsider posting?

You can do that now. Look at the far right of your screen for a little icon listed on each thread. Boom!

Immerito
09-11-2015, 11:11 PM
An insert video link so that videos are embedded inside a post.

EvilGreebo
09-11-2015, 11:53 PM

You can do that now. Look at the far right of your screen for a little icon listed on each thread. Boom!

And the 'New' button on each thread takes you to the first unread post.

but vBulletin's navigation is vastly better all around IMO.

iac1003
09-12-2015, 10:49 AM
A 'Forum Basics' sticky with how to add pictures, how to decrease picture size if necessary, explaining the new gmfeatures of the new software - blogging, picture gallery, etc. in an easily understandable form.

spoiled_lil_boy
09-12-2015, 10:55 AM
I kinda thought about doing some tutorials on that sort of stuff.

EvilGreebo
09-12-2015, 11:24 AM
the vBulletin FAQ post migration is very helpful on that.

CousinItt
09-12-2015, 11:29 AM
I kinda thought about doing some tutorials on that sort of stuff.

That would be fantastic. Please do.

Thomas.
09-12-2015, 02:23 PM
Remove the "minimum ten characters" restriction on posts, please.

CousinItt
09-12-2015, 02:24 PM
Where did our "Thank you" buttons go? Is there going to be a similar feature here? I loved saying thanks to people when they say something awesome.

shellypaints
09-12-2015, 02:28 PM
Where did our "Thank you" buttons go? Is there going to be a similar feature here? I loved saying thanks to people when they say something awesome.
ditto and even when quoting you still have to type ten friggin characters!

Shandie80
09-12-2015, 03:06 PM
No images in signatures? I kinda liked the little debt tracker thing.

EvilGreebo
09-12-2015, 03:29 PM
We're currently running in vBulletin DEFAULT mode, no customization or even unusual settings because we're in a transitional phase. Next up is the move to the latest version of vbulletin.

We had to move here first because vb5 doesn't have an importer for SMF, but vb4 did.

So - please be patient, we may have some limited capacities for a few days, but we're getting there.

CousinItt
09-12-2015, 03:31 PM
We're currently running in vBulletin DEFAULT mode, no customization or even unusual settings because we're in a transitional phase. Next up is the move to the latest version of vbulletin.

We had to move here first because vb5 doesn't have an importer for SMF, but vb4 did.

So - please be patient, we may have some limited capacities for a few days, but we're getting there.

Thank you!

EvilGreebo
09-12-2015, 03:36 PM
No images in signatures? I kinda liked the little debt tracker thing.

Try it now.

Thomas.
09-12-2015, 03:46 PM

When will the next update be?

Thomas.
09-12-2015, 03:55 PM
Can we lose the 30 second between posts rule?

EvilGreebo
09-12-2015, 04:01 PM
When will the next update be?
As soon as I'm ready.

Maybe.

Jen
09-12-2015, 04:01 PM

Amen.

EvilGreebo
09-12-2015, 04:07 PM
The mobile version of this is so much better than SMF

Dorothy
09-12-2015, 04:31 PM
strike through on font - helps when I mess up a post and edit it, but don't want to remove the "wrong" thing

EvilGreebo
09-12-2015, 05:43 PM
[-]I think it's already here?[/-]

EvilGreebo
09-12-2015, 05:43 PM
Ok I can add that.

[-]strikethrough[/-]
[-]strikethrough[/-]

EvilGreebo
09-12-2015, 06:06 PM
Reduced to 5 seconds

Immerito
09-12-2015, 06:08 PM
Embed video link for posting. We can be trusted with that feature....:p

Also, an evil/devil smile.

Dorothy
09-12-2015, 06:09 PM
[-]Strikethrough as a font option[/-] already done - is there a button or just type it manually?

Ability to load excel spreadsheets

EvilGreebo
09-12-2015, 06:14 PM
[-]Strikethrough as a font option[/-] already done - is there a button or just type it manually?
Working on it ;)

Eventually, it's an attachment filter

EvilGreebo
09-12-2015, 06:18 PM

EnV
09-12-2015, 06:22 PM
Chat, where is the CHAT...or are we waiting till version 5.0 (or whatever the latest one is) to get that?

EvilGreebo
09-12-2015, 06:24 PM
Chat, where is the CHAT...or are we waiting till version 5.0 (or whatever the latest one is) to get that?

Probably yes after version 5. Too much else to do first.

EnV
09-12-2015, 06:31 PM
OK, cool. Wasn't sure. Figured I'd ask.

wintersong
09-12-2015, 06:58 PM
You are doing an awesome job! Thank you so much.

Just a visual comment--the Read Me Forum Rules thing has a bunch of notations that are more "behind the scenes" type stuff. Could you put it on the To Do list to neaten it up? (we don't need to know the font size, etc.)

EvilGreebo
09-12-2015, 06:59 PM
What "read me forum rules" thing? Link please?

EvilGreebo
09-12-2015, 06:59 PM
OH! Look a bunch of tags the post cleaner didn't fix...

coolmom42
09-12-2015, 10:03 PM
We need private topics!!!! I made a private group---members by invitation only--but apparently anyone can see the posts! Which kind of defeats the point of a private group!!!

Help please!!

Thomas.
09-13-2015, 06:20 AM
Reduced to 5 seconds

Ta :)

Now just sort out the filters, they are censoring words in the middle of other words!

EvilGreebo
09-13-2015, 06:24 AM
Oh I forgot, vb censor needs {} around the word to limit it. Otherwise
cum
turns
Cumberland
into
***berland

How are they now?

Thomas.
09-13-2015, 06:27 AM
Sorted, thanks.

EvilGreebo
09-13-2015, 06:32 AM
Ok I can add that.

[-]strikethrough[/-]
[-]strikethrough[/-]
In the interest of consistency with the old forum since people used it a lot before, I'm changing the strikethrough tag from - to S

strikethrough
strikethrough

pknord
09-13-2015, 12:47 PM
I know this is a silly one, but I'd like a Like button, for those days when my hands are too painful to type much.

Jen
09-13-2015, 01:10 PM
I know this is a silly one, but I'd like a Like button, for those days when my hands are too painful to type much.

+1

Sometimes, I don't have anything to say, but I do want to let the OP know that I appreciate their comment, post, etc.

shellypaints
09-13-2015, 01:19 PM

+1

Sometimes, I don't have anything to say, but I do want to let the OP know that I appreciate their comment, post, etc.

Liked, thanked, or whatever, that was a nice feature of smn? fmn? the interim board.

Immerito
09-13-2015, 01:55 PM
Liked, thanked, or whatever, that was a nice feature of smn? fmn? the interim board.

I miss that feature too. But if we don't have it, we have an excuse to post pad.... :D

Oh, and can we get a devil/evil smiley?

Salustra
09-14-2015, 10:32 AM
Nevermind

DebtFreeChickadee
09-14-2015, 04:38 PM
I like the idea of like button for the post. Not necessarily the thanked button from the other forum - it was giving me a complex that I wasn't doing enough :concern:

Also, since you are asking...... Skins!!! I would love it if the forum was purple! And mobile apps of course so I can be on the go with ease and posting. Did I say "Thank you" yet today?

livealittle
09-14-2015, 06:45 PM
is there a way to click on a "new" posts only for a thread?

Jazz_Luvr
09-14-2015, 07:20 PM
livealittle - No sure if this is what you're looking for but if you click on "New Posts" at the top and then the little blue circle to the left of the title of the thread, it takes you to the new post for that thread.

This feature is also available in a topic. So under "General Discussion" you can look for the bold titles - which indicates there's a new post - and then click on the blue circle to the left of the title and it takes you to the new posts for that thread.

Teaux
09-14-2015, 09:36 PM
Lets face it.

I love that you aren't censored!

Teaux
09-14-2015, 09:46 PM
The "thank you" feature on the original forum was a bit creepy to me. (overly polite, maybe).
"Like" is an awful lot like Facebook.

What about "agree"? Or "You Rock" or both?

Also, is there any way I can get more posts on one page? This having to click on the next page number is really slowing me down.

DebtFreeChickadee
09-14-2015, 10:00 PM
The "thank you" feature on the original forum was a bit creepy to me. (overly polite, maybe).
"Like" is an awful lot like Facebook.

What about "agree"? Or "You Rock" or both?

Also, is there any way I can get more posts on one page? This having to click on the next page number is really slowing me down.

Go under settings, and you can change how many posts on a page - I believe that you can set it to 40.

loveweims
09-15-2015, 06:29 AM
Anyway to edit a title if it is incorrect? Like stating Monday on a Tuesday thread? or fix for us? 9/15 Daily To Do in FL needs Monday removed.

Teaux
09-15-2015, 06:44 AM
Go under settings, and you can change how many posts on a page - I believe that you can set it to 40.

Thanks, I found it.

CousinItt
09-15-2015, 07:32 AM
Anyway to edit a title if it is incorrect? Like stating Monday on a Tuesday thread? or fix for us? 9/15 Daily To Do in FL needs Monday removed.

You can do it if you click "Go Advanced" instead of "Post Quick Reply". Go Advanced will open up the ability to do a lot more than just a regular Reply.

GertieMcFuzz
09-15-2015, 08:47 AM
Never mind!

cwilli26
09-15-2015, 09:17 AM
Not sure if this is where this should go or not, but.....

Every time I enter Political Hacks my default goes to "Show Threads From Last Day" despite me changing it to "Show Threads From Beginning" or whatever. Weird. MAKE IT STOP!!!!!

This is now happening in some other subforums as well....

EvilGreebo
09-15-2015, 09:31 AM
SHOULD be fixed globally now. I think.

If not, please tell me exact forum(s)

cwilli26
09-15-2015, 09:40 AM
SHOULD be fixed globally now. I think.

If not, please tell me exact forum(s)

Still happening in Political Hacks.

EvilGreebo
09-15-2015, 09:41 AM
Something very, very strange has happened.

I made 3 moderator changes this morning, posted an announcement AND a notice. All gone.

EvilGreebo
09-15-2015, 09:43 AM
HOWEVER - when I go to political hacks, it's in thread order descending like it should be.

Check your personal settings please, Chuck?

spoiled_lil_boy
09-15-2015, 09:47 AM
A quick glance through all the subforums reveals them to all be displaying in descending chronological order to me.

... and I lost a couple paragraphs last night when the site went down. Auto-save my ***. :mad:

cwilli26
09-15-2015, 09:51 AM
HOWEVER - when I go to political hacks, it's in thread order descending like it should be.

Check your personal settings please, Chuck?

Okay, I fixed it in my personal settings. Is it not weird that PH was the only forum not displaying all threads though? Sorry to bother you. I know you're busy. You got my PM last night I take it? Given my technological ineptness, there is a decent chance I screwed that up too.

EvilGreebo
09-15-2015, 09:51 AM
Well i think i know why my changes were lost.

When the site upgrade happened tehy took a backup and moved us to a new server, but the backup was picked up in the middle of my work, so any changes made after teh backup got lost.

Annoying but a one time small loss so I'll just be pissy about it.

EvilGreebo
09-15-2015, 09:52 AM
Okay, I fixed it in my personal settings. Is it not weird that PH was the only forum not displaying all threads though? Sorry to bother you. I know you're busy. You got my PM last night I take it? Given my technological ineptness, there is a decent chance I screwed that up too.
I got it, I replied, I took the action discussed, and it all got lost due to the above. :mad-new:

cwilli26
09-15-2015, 10:04 AM
I got it, I replied, I took the action discussed, and it all got lost due to the above. :mad-new:

LOL. No worries. We're all on the same page now.

Salustra
09-16-2015, 10:25 PM
Editing of a thread title in the advanced section of the edit function corrected it in the "reading the thread" view, but not in the forum list of all threads view. Can that be fixed?

See Frugal Living/More Swag apps have restored Favorites for example.

wannabedebtfree
09-17-2015, 01:37 AM
Any way to allow all the words in a title to be capitalized? The first word ends up capitalized, but the remaining words end up in lower case.

Such as:

Bs 2 accountability thread

instead of

BS 2 Accountability Thread

nerdbird
09-17-2015, 02:04 AM
I think you have to do that yourself.

EvilGreebo
09-17-2015, 04:06 AM
Editing of a thread title in the advanced section of the edit function corrected it in the "reading the thread" view, but not in the forum list of all threads view. Can that be fixed?

See Frugal Living/More Swag apps have restored Favorites for example.

Well the thing is, the thread is a container, and your post has it's own title. You can edit the post, but not the thread - I think. I'll check if I can turn on "Edit own thread" for non mods...

10 seconds later

Yeah, no. It's an administrative function. Mods can fix thread titles but users can't touch the thread itself, just the posts they contain. Sorry.

spoiled_lil_boy
09-17-2015, 04:55 AM
Ogg take on expanded role of fix misspelled thread titles now?

Thomas.
09-17-2015, 05:02 AM
Ogg take on expanded role of fix misspelled thread titles now?

Since you no longer have to worry about people messing up http: and https: links, you should have loads of time...

spoiled_lil_boy
09-17-2015, 05:43 AM
True, but Ogg also private citizen with free will then, not subjugated minion of cruel taskmaster.

EvilGreebo
09-17-2015, 07:11 AM
True, but Ogg also private citizen with free will then, not subjugated minion of cruel taskmaster.
https://media.giphy.com/media/i8bHzNZOx5tWo/giphy.gif
https://media.giphy.com/media/xtVv5ptdqOiv6/giphy.gif

Salustra
09-17-2015, 07:46 AM
Well, phooey. We found one thing that Fuse Talk did better. :topsy_turvy: Thanks for checking on it for me.

EvilGreebo
09-17-2015, 07:58 AM
Well, phooey. We found one thing that Fuse Talk did better. :topsy_turvy: Thanks for checking on it for me.
Well there was bound to be one​...

Salustra
09-17-2015, 07:58 AM
And I see that some kind admin fixed my typo. Thank you!

Patrick
09-18-2015, 09:03 AM
Rename "General Topics of Interest" to "General Topics"

textev
09-18-2015, 05:54 PM
Rename "General Topics of Interest" to "General Topics"

But Patrick, if "General Topics of Interest" is changed to "General Topics," the topics will then include topics of no interest.

spoiled_lil_boy
09-18-2015, 05:54 PM
But Patrick, if "General Topics of Interest" is changed to "General Topics," the topics will then include topics of no interest.

Interesting.

Immerito
09-18-2015, 06:46 PM
OK, the dust is starting to settle. The name of the site has changed, we are gathering moderator nominations, and we've got donations set up and nearly fully implemented.

So - what else do people want to see? I know Lex is working on SSL but only the geeks will understand that one ;)

Top of my personal list:
1) CHAT

Was chat used that much? I never saw anyone in there.

spoiled_lil_boy
09-18-2015, 07:02 PM
It was used quite a bit for a while, then fell into disuse.

It's my opinion at least a portion of the reason it fell into disuse was the lack of promotion. The most common complaint I heard about Chat was "I don't go there because nobody's ever there." If there were a regularly-scheduled Chat session or two, maybe people would have a reason to be there. Of course, the second most common complaint I heard about Chat was "I went there and people were already having a conversation; I didn't want to interrupt." Typically, Chat etiquette states that one shouldn't expect to be having a private conversation in a public chat room (there is usually a way for private person-to-person communication outside of the publicly-viewable channel, though) and there's nothing wrong with anyone entering a room and giving out a general "Hello!" even if there is other traffic in the room. Perhaps a few threads on how Chat works would help ease people's concerns.

CousinItt
09-18-2015, 09:23 PM
The reason I didn't like the chat feature at the MTMMO forums was that there was no ability to see who was in the chat room before you actually went into the chat room. I want to see if it's people I would even want to chat with before going in. That way, I won't need to be seen, said hello to, etc., if I'm just going to leave right away when I don't see anyone I want to chat with.

Now I sound like a big fat hairy douche.

EvilGreebo
09-19-2015, 08:59 AM
Now I sound like a big fat hairy douche.
You mean you think you didn't before? ;)

PeggyinDenver
09-19-2015, 09:25 AM
So was there still a thought of having chat rooms? Is that something that the software supports?

EvilGreebo
09-19-2015, 10:00 AM
Yes the thought is there. The software can support it with an add on modification but as with many other customizations I have in mind, I want to wait until we get upgraded to vB5.

The problem? The upgrade process isn't working and I'm not getting very timely help from the vBulletin people.

:(
http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forum/vbulletin-5-connect/vbulletin-5-installations/4328419-fatal-error-call-to-a-member-function-fetch_userinfo

spoiled_lil_boy
09-19-2015, 10:06 AM
Yes the thought is there. The software can support it with an add on modification but as with many other customizations I have in mind, I want to wait until we get upgraded to vB5.

The problem? The upgrade process isn't working and I'm not getting very timely help from the vBulletin people.

:(
http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forum/vbulletin-5-connect/vbulletin-5-installations/4328419-fatal-error-call-to-a-member-function-fetch_userinfo

Good. Freakin'. Grief.

EvilGreebo
09-19-2015, 10:39 AM
Well I'll be skewered.

I had no idea you could refresh the upgrade page and it would keep going past the failed step.
If this works then we'll be able to do testing of vB 5 and **** the vbulletin team.

PeggyinDenver
09-19-2015, 11:50 PM
Frankly part of the problem with chat on the old forum was that the app sucked large babboon testicles. If the app were decent I'd use it.

CousinItt
09-20-2015, 08:15 AM
You mean you think you didn't before? ;)

Good point!

CookieB
09-20-2015, 03:28 PM
I would like to see a Like (or whatever y'all decide) as well as a HUGS button. I don't post much but sometimes I want to show that I read a post and am thinking of them. {{{Shelbruk}}}

Paquita, There is a 'like' button on v5. You can log onto the Tester's forum and try it out. I don't really care for v5Bulletin though.

I find it harder to track threads I want to follow.

DMMizu
09-20-2015, 09:52 PM
This may be already here and I can't find it, but how can you see if anyone has replied to a thread you've started?

coolmom42
09-20-2015, 10:40 PM
When I use the link icon to make a link from a web address, I can only show the entire ugly web address. It doesn't give me a place to put in text and then the web address. This is in either advance or quick reply mode. But I've seen some other posts that have normal text just underlined for the link.

Is there some setting to fix this?

spoiled_lil_boy
09-21-2015, 12:00 AM
Someone wrote a wonderful blog article on links that addresses that precise question.

You can find it here. (http://www.debtfreefanatics.com/entry.php?10-Forums-101-4-Links-That-Aren-t-Sausage)

spoiled_lil_boy
09-21-2015, 12:26 AM
This is handled through "subscriptions".

When you start a thread, there is a place down below where you enter the text where you can choose to subscribe to the thread. It will then notify you -- either through your control panel on your Settings page or through several flavors of email options -- whenever there is a new post in the thread. You can also subscribe to any thread -- even ones you didn't start yourself -- by choosing Thread Tools > Subscribe to this thread ...

EvilGreebo
09-21-2015, 04:45 AM
Someone wrote a wonderful blog article on links that addresses that precise question.

You can find it here. (http://www.debtfreefanatics.com/entry.php?10-Forums-101-4-Links-That-Aren-t-Sausage)

That really is an excellent project you did, spoiled. Thanks for that!

spoiled_lil_boy
09-21-2015, 06:25 AM
That really is an excellent project you did, spoiled. Thanks for that!

Thanks. There are more to come. Someone asked for one on searching but I'm trying to hold off until after the upgrade.

Kikikat0015
09-26-2015, 01:06 AM
I didn't read the whole thread so it may be here, but I would like the ability to tell the computer how long to keep me logged in for. I like being able to have this up while I'm working on other stuff and I get logged out before I can post a lot of the time.

EvilGreebo
09-26-2015, 04:41 AM
I didn't read the whole thread so it may be here, but I would like the ability to tell the computer how long to keep me logged in for. I like being able to have this up while I'm working on other stuff and I get logged out before I can post a lot of the time.

When you log in, make sure you click "Remember Me" next time. That will keep you logged in indefinitely, until you choose to log out.

Kikikat0015
09-27-2015, 02:46 AM
Thanks!

GregLily07
09-29-2015, 07:59 PM
I got my like button and a bonus thank button. I need nothing more. Thank you for the great service.

EvilGreebo
10-02-2015, 07:19 AM
This thread was created purely so I can move completed asks out of the official change request tracking thread.