PDA

View Full Version : Tech Support - my post not showing up in "New Posts"

Dorothy
12-04-2020, 10:28 PM
I read posts by clicking on "New Posts" and then reading all of those that I want to.

I started a post in a private forum last night. Earlier today and again this evening, I noticed that the post I started had responses, but still did not show up in my "New Posts" feed.

????

cwilli26
12-04-2020, 10:39 PM
This has happened to me continuously over the years, and it was always written on to a system "glitch".

coolmom42
12-04-2020, 11:06 PM
IME your own posts do not show up to you as "new posts" until someone replies to them, even if they are your new posts in your own thread. So maybe what happened is that you went and read the posts, and replied, but then no more replies from someone else????

Dorothy
12-05-2020, 11:42 AM
IME your own posts do not show up to you as "new posts" until someone replies to them, even if they are your new posts in your own thread. So maybe what happened is that you went and read the posts, and replied, but then no more replies from someone else????

No, in both cases I read new posts and thought "oh, no one replied to my post" and then after reading all new posts I would go to the forum, then click on the private topic and my post would have replies from others.

cwilli26
12-05-2020, 11:55 AM
No, in both cases I read new posts and thought "oh, no one replied to my post" and then after reading all new posts I would go to the forum, then click on the private topic and my post would have replies from others.

That is the scenario that happens to me at times as well in the regular forums (I don't participate in any private forums).

rolo4evr
12-05-2020, 12:51 PM
Yup. ^^what cwilli and dorothy say

Ah, technology. How we love it when it works perfectly...LOLOL

coolmom42
12-05-2020, 02:26 PM
Well it's definitely a software glitch. It may be fixed if we do an upgrade to the latest version. I don't know much about how that process works. dolem do you have any insight into the occasional glitch, or into a new version upgrade?

Dorothy
12-05-2020, 05:57 PM
Not a huge deal - thought it was interesting and also worth noting in case others thought no one was responding to their posts :)

dolem
12-14-2020, 06:20 PM
Well it's definitely a software glitch. It may be fixed if we do an upgrade to the latest version. I don't know much about how that process works. dolem do you have any insight into the occasional glitch, or into a new version upgrade?

I can try to look through release notes and see if there is a fix in a newer version.

coolmom42
12-14-2020, 06:26 PM
I can try to look through release notes and see if there is a fix in a newer version.
Please do that when you have a chance. Thanks!