PDA

View Full Version : View First Unread

wintersong
03-08-2021, 10:10 AM
Has anyone else had trouble with this feature?

I've noticed over the last week that it isn't clicking to the last unread, it is clicking to today.
It just happened again when I clicked on the "This is why we can't stay in our grocery budget" thread. It went to today's comments and skipped yesterday's. The last comment I had read was Coolmom's comment about personal use of a work vehicle and the tax implications. That comment was written on 3/6.

Suggestions? At first I thought it was forgetfulness or distraction on my part, but it is happening fairly often so I don't think it's me.

1Maryann
03-08-2021, 11:45 AM
Does it to me, too. Still convenient when there aren't a huge number of new posts. I've gotten in the habit of scrolling back a bit just to be sure I haven't missed anything.

coolmom42
03-08-2021, 01:51 PM
I haven't noticed but will give it a try and see what happens.

cwilli26
03-08-2021, 03:35 PM
LOL - I never even realized that was a feature. :smile:

bs74me
03-09-2021, 09:36 AM
Does it to me, too. Still convenient when there aren't a huge number of new posts. I've gotten in the habit of scrolling back a bit just to be sure I haven't missed anything.

Me too. It doesn't do it all the time, but enough so that I just scroll back a bit.

financial_mom
03-09-2021, 10:21 AM
I didn't even know this feature existed!

cwilli26
03-09-2021, 11:00 PM
LOL - I never even realized that was a feature. :smile:

I didn't even know this feature existed!

I have been totally using this figure since reading this post and have not had it fail once.

wintersong
03-10-2021, 11:20 PM
How to you guys who don't use the feature find the latest post? How do you know where you left off reading?

And yes, it is inconsistent regarding which ones work great and which don't.

financial_mom
03-11-2021, 04:35 PM
I have been totally using this figure since reading this post and have not had it fail once.

I have poked around and still haven't found it.

This isn't "new posts" is it?

cwilli26
03-11-2021, 04:47 PM
It's on the blue banner in the middle of the page just above post #1. (https://www.debtfreefanatics.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=1.)

financial_mom
03-11-2021, 05:09 PM
Ah - I see it now -- thanks!

Katiebug
03-13-2021, 02:15 PM
How in the world could you handle the Coronavirus thread without this feature? I haven’t noticed any issues, but I could just be missing some stuff. I always read by clicking new posts then view first unread. I never notice which forum threads are actually in.

wintersong
03-13-2021, 04:47 PM
How in the world could you handle the Coronavirus thread without this feature? I haven’t noticed any issues, but I could just be missing some stuff. I always read by clicking new posts then view first unread. I never notice which forum threads are actually in.

Yup. That's how I do it, and that's my question as well.