PDA

View Full Version : How do I get the chat to stay put?

SpecialK
10-23-2015, 10:02 AM
When I first log on, I try to catch up on the chat that I've missed. The screen is kind of a pain... when I scroll up to read the conversation, it pushes me back to the bottom after a few seconds, even if there are no new messages in the chat. I poked around in my Profile, and in Settings but couldn't see where this was controlled anywhere. Is there any way to have it only scroll to the end if there's a new message, so I can catch up on all the gossip in peace?

midnight0300
10-23-2015, 10:05 AM
I just expand it to make it full page. It is much simpler for me that reading just those few lines really fast.

spoiled_lil_boy
10-23-2015, 10:10 AM
As far as I can tell, there's no way to do what you're asking. When I "catch up" I use the Chatbox Archive and then go back to the Forum page to watch the scroll from there. You could use the Chatbox Full to catch up, but I wonder if it wouldn't still do the same thing that's bothering you. I don't use the Chatbox Full setting unless I put it in its own tab while I'm doing a lot of forum reading.

wintersong
10-23-2015, 08:07 PM
I'm totally non-techie. I see that chat box, but I don't understand how it works. Are there instructions around somewhere?

spoiled_lil_boy
10-23-2015, 08:08 PM
Just click in the part that says "Message..." and start typing. When you hit Enter, whatever you've typed will show up in the chat box for the world to see.

wintersong
10-23-2015, 08:13 PM
what does "chat box full" mean?

Dorothy
10-23-2015, 08:15 PM
I think it makes the chat screen fill up the full window

spoiled_lil_boy
10-23-2015, 08:21 PM
Yes.

Full-screen version of the chat box.

CousinItt
10-27-2015, 08:25 PM
surlygirl, you can't get it to stay static, but here's what you can do:

CousinItt
10-27-2015, 08:26 PM
Found another way to do it, too: Just like above, click on the Chatbox arrow, but instead of clicking on your last reply, click on First Unread Message, then do the rest as above.

Sorry for the picture sizes. The forum software said my pictures were too large, so I had to make them smaller.

medicbear911
11-02-2015, 09:32 PM
surlygirl

The screen is kind of a pain... when I scroll up to read the conversation, it pushes me back to the bottom after a few seconds, even if there are no new messages in the chat. Is there any way to have it only scroll to the end if there's a new message, so I can catch up on all the gossip in peace?

Since it is set to refresh the screen every three or so seconds, the easiest way I have found is to click the little green dot at the bottom of the chat window, near the message box. It basically logs you out of chat, allowing you to read the previous messages in peace. When you finish, just click the dot again and it turns green, logging you back into chat and restarting the refreshing feature. Hope that helps!