PDA

View Full Version : Help-I still cannot access any forums other than the visitors’ forum

john-and-dee
02-17-2023, 03:52 PM
This has been ongoing since Christmas. I’ve tried different browsers, resetting passwords. I miss being able to read the different forums. Please help.

Thanks, Dee

Dorothy
02-17-2023, 05:36 PM
I wish I could help! Hopefully a mod will help soon!

coolmom42
02-17-2023, 09:19 PM
@john-and-dee (https://www.debtfreefanatics.com/member.php?u=2620)... did you get the email I sent you with a reset on your password? Did you try that one?

My only other suggestion is to use a computer with a newer operating system that has had updates installed. Try a newer Windows 10 or 11.

Dorothy
02-17-2023, 09:37 PM
Have you tried accessing on your cell phone?

john-and-dee
02-17-2023, 09:50 PM
I’ haven’t had any Windows computers for over 15 years. I also tried using my cell as suggested. I miss you guys.

SueandTom
02-17-2023, 11:01 PM
I miss you, too!

KVinKC
02-18-2023, 09:46 AM
A second password reset link has been sent to your email. Let us know if that works. KV

john-and-dee
02-19-2023, 03:42 PM
Still not working. I even tried on a Windows based laptop.

Dorothy
02-19-2023, 04:37 PM
what about setting up a new account and seeing if that works??

john-and-dee
02-22-2023, 03:53 PM
I’d have to set up another email address; the system won’t allow another user I’d with the same email. Google is not liking any of my suggestions fora a new email.

wintersong
02-22-2023, 10:58 PM
@mods
If you deleted john-and-dee's account, would that work? When I search Members, Spoiled_Li'l_Boy is no longer listed...so if Dee were no longer listed, could she just start all over and re-register with her own email? Spoiled's posts are still here even though he's not in the member list, so I would assume dee's posts would not be deleted either if she were deregistered...
Unless deregistration by moderators sets up some sort of block on email addresses...
Just a thought, but I am no computer person.

Dorothy
02-22-2023, 11:26 PM
I would be tempted to make an em to use ONLY for DFF (or when you want to give a trash email) - something like DFF4pasword@gmail.com

coolmom42
02-23-2023, 12:07 AM
john-and-dee

I think I found the problem. At some point, you should have received an email requesting confirmation of your account creation, and clicked on a link in it. Either that email never got sent or you never responded. Because of that, you were in a usergroup called "users awaiting email confirmation." Which is why you could never log in.

I changed your usergroup to "registered users" which is what it should have been all along. You should be able to access forums. Your password should be the last one you used. If you need me to reset your password, I can, and can email it to you.

I have no idea how or when your usergroup got changed. I am so sorry for the continuing problem. Please let us know if you need more help.

john-and-dee
02-24-2023, 10:31 AM
Diane is awesome! She figured out the issue for me. Thanks again!

1Maryann
02-24-2023, 11:44 AM
Yay, and welcome back!

wannabedebtfree
02-27-2023, 02:57 AM

Welcome back!

john-and-dee
02-27-2023, 03:34 PM
Thank you. I really missed everyone.

john-and-dee
02-27-2023, 03:34 PM
Thanks

KVinKC
07-31-2023, 09:17 AM
@john-and-dee (https://www.debtfreefanatics.com/member.php?u=2620)

I think I found the problem. At some point, you should have received an email requesting confirmation of your account creation, and clicked on a link in it. Either that email never got sent or you never responded. Because of that, you were in a usergroup called "users awaiting email confirmation." Which is why you could never log in.

I changed your usergroup to "registered users" which is what it should have been all along. You should be able to access forums. Your password should be the last one you used. If you need me to reset your password, I can, and can email it to you.

I have no idea how or when your usergroup got changed. I am so sorry for the continuing problem. Please let us know if you need more help.

I think this email issue might crop up it's ugly head with our new users as well. This email issue was here, with vettedrmr and now with the LLNOE people trying to join.

financial_mom
07-31-2023, 11:31 AM
This has been ongoing since Christmas. I’ve tried different browsers, resetting passwords. I miss being able to read the different forums. Please help.

Thanks, Dee

I hope you get your issues resolved soon. I love reading anything you have to say.