PDA

View Full Version : Why do I have to re-log-in several times an hour?

Brendenny
11-13-2015, 12:41 PM
Is there some setting I can adjust to not have to log in over and over in the course of an evening?

Sometimes I will leave the DFF tab and click over to facebook or something...and when I go back to DFF, I have to log-in again. It is especially trying if I click away while I'm in the middle of writing a reply. If I don't save the reply to Word, or at least the clipboard, before re-logging-in, all the beautiful and creative words will be lost.

EvilGreebo
11-13-2015, 01:05 PM
Click "remember me" next time you log in.

Brendenny
11-14-2015, 02:11 AM
Ah.

I have my browser set to no cookies. Thus, the problem.

EvilGreebo
11-15-2015, 10:02 AM
Ah.

I have my browser set to no cookies. Thus, the problem.
Yes. How can the software know who you are if you don't let it?

Immerito
11-15-2015, 05:04 PM
Is there some setting I can adjust to not have to log in over and over in the course of an evening?

Sometimes I will leave the DFF tab and click over to facebook or something...and when I go back to DFF, I have to log-in again. It is especially trying if I click away while I'm in the middle of writing a reply. If I don't save the reply to Word, or at least the clipboard, before re-logging-in, all the beautiful and creative words will be lost.

You need to pay the requisite $25 monthly "Keep me logged in" fee, payable to the address being sent via PM..... ;)

Brendenny
11-15-2015, 07:19 PM
Yes. How can the software know who you are if you don't let it?

Interestingly enough, clicking the "Remember me" button does stop the software from logging me out every 10 minutes or so.

EvilGreebo
11-16-2015, 08:23 AM
Interestingly enough, clicking the "Remember me" button does stop the software from logging me out every 10 minutes or so.
That's because clicking "remember me" puts a cookie on your browser that lets the server know who you are.