PDA

View Full Version : Posts go to moderation

peacebug
11-27-2015, 09:19 AM
I don't know if this will show up but my replies to threads are all going to moderation . I just wanted to thank folks for their kind words. Thank you if you can fix this...if not it's okay.

lexnaturalis
11-27-2015, 10:52 AM
It's automatic. All new users have posts go into the moderation queue to avoid spammers who register and immediately fill the forum with spam. I approved all your posts today.

SueandTom
11-27-2015, 01:12 PM
Woohoo! I knew our splendid mods could get you up and running!

Thank you, Lex.

Immerito
11-28-2015, 01:37 AM
It's automatic. All new users have posts go into the moderation queue to avoid spammers who register and immediately fill the forum with spam. I approved all your posts today.

Hey! I thought we agreed that noobs have to donate to the Debt Free Fanatics library in care of Immerito.

Katiebug
11-28-2015, 08:05 AM
Thanks for posting this. I am also new. I figured my posts were going to moderation for that reason, but wondered if if was temporary and if so for how long - if it was for a certain amount of time or if it required a certain number of non-spammy posts.

textev
11-28-2015, 08:10 AM
Peacebug!!!!!

Great to see you!!!!!

lexnaturalis
11-28-2015, 10:49 AM
Thanks for posting this. I am also new. I figured my posts were going to moderation for that reason, but wondered if if was temporary and if so for how long - if it was for a certain amount of time or if it required a certain number of non-spammy posts.

We have a set algorithm to determine when a user exits the "new user" status, but to prevent bot makers from exploiting it we don't make the details public. Suffice to say legitimate users will quickly exit while bots will never exit. :)

EvilGreebo
11-30-2015, 08:12 AM
We have a set algorithm to determine when a user exits the "new user" status, but to prevent bot makers from exploiting it we don't make the details public. Suffice to say legitimate users will quickly exit while bots will never exit. :)
That's fancy shmancy speak for "When we let you out of the cage". ;)

Katiebug
11-30-2015, 09:28 PM
That's fancy shmancy speak for "When we let you out of the cage". ;)

Thanks for letting me out of the cage!

red13
12-28-2015, 12:14 PM
I've still have posts stuck in moderation that I posted last week. How often do the mods approve posts?

EvilGreebo
12-28-2015, 02:14 PM
I've still have posts stuck in moderation that I posted last week. How often do the mods approve posts?
More often than this, usually. We try to do it at least daily but apparently some people are slacking (probably cause of some silly holiday or something)

Sorry about that - you are out of the probationary period now. :D

cwilli26
12-28-2015, 02:33 PM

I'm generally in DEMM every day throughout the entire day and have approved quite a few new posters in recent days/weeks; however, most moderators only have access to their particular forum is my understanding.

red13
12-28-2015, 05:45 PM
More often than this, usually. We try to do it at least daily but apparently some people are slacking (probably cause of some silly holiday or something)

Sorry about that - you are out of the probationary period now. :D

Thanks for the assistance.