PDA

View Full Version : I can't see pictures. Halp!

BlackZ28
01-01-2016, 11:11 AM
My settings allow images to be shown in threads.

I have checked the the FAQs as well, but I don't see anything that would explain why I can't see posted pictures.

When someone posts a picture, I just see a paperclip with "Attached Image" written beside it or a small blue square before the picture, or simply nothing at all except space where the picture should be.

What do I need to do to see [ictures?

cwilli26
01-01-2016, 11:15 AM
I believe this issue is related to the current site problem/conversion and will be corrected in the short-term.

shellypaints
01-01-2016, 11:15 AM
My settings allow images to be shown in threads.

I have checked the the FAQs as well, but I don't see anything that would explain why I can't see posted pictures.

When someone posts a picture, I just see a paperclip with "Attached Image" written beside it or a small blue square before the picture, or simply nothing at all except space where the picture should be.

What do I need to do to see [ictures?

You know those outage issues? - well the answer you're looking for is probably in the explanation over in General Discussion. Give it a week or so and once they have the new site set up and running on the back end, then the front end that we use will be fine and we won't notice anything like missing pictures and such. :)

BlackZ28
01-01-2016, 11:19 AM
You know those outage issues? - well the answer you're looking for is probably in the explanation over in General Discussion. Give it a week or so and once they have the new site set up and running on the back end, then the front end that we use will be fine and we won't notice anything like missing pictures and such. :)

No, I have no clue about any outage issues.

I haven't been able to see pictures for a while.

I'll look in General Discussion. Thanks!

BlackZ28
01-01-2016, 11:20 AM
I believe this issue is related to the current site problem/conversion and will be corrected in the short-term.

Thanks!

KFinLA
01-07-2016, 02:17 PM
01-07-2016

Was seeing pictures, but now I don't. The outline of a square appears with a blue ? Inside is blank.

Any ideas? Browser and Adobe Flash are up to date?

EvilGreebo
01-07-2016, 02:21 PM
Can you see this?

KFinLA
01-07-2016, 02:29 PM
Can you see this?

No picture Greebo... just a plain square border with a smaller blue square and a white question mark in it.

I attached it Greebo if you look at screen shots. It came out as the blue square ?

Weird!!!

EvilGreebo
01-07-2016, 02:33 PM
Weird. My post and yours are the same - both attachments posted to this site.

Try hitting CTRL-F5 ?

KFinLA
01-07-2016, 02:40 PM
That turns on Voice Over on my Mac in Safari... (smiles)

violetfizz
01-07-2016, 02:40 PM
01-07-2016
Was seeing pictures, but now I don't. The outline of a square appears with a blue ? Inside is blank.
Any ideas? Browser and Adobe Flash are up to date?

Same here and it's been this way for quite some time.

Doesn't matter if I'm using my home computer or work one, only occasionally can I see pics posted here.

OneLousyName
01-07-2016, 02:41 PM
I can see it using my guest account on I.E. :/

KFinLA
01-07-2016, 02:41 PM

Doesn't matter if I'm using my home computer or work one, only occasionally can I see pics posted here.

Glad to know (I think) that I am not the only crazy one! :encouragement:

EvilGreebo
01-07-2016, 02:42 PM

Are you both on Macs?

violetfizz
01-07-2016, 03:00 PM
I'm not.

KFinLA
01-07-2016, 03:01 PM
Hi back Greebo...

On a Mac but I switched to the Google instead of Safari and Chrome worked! Both are loaded on the Mac.

Can you make it work in Safari? I only use Chrome when I have too at work since our Java based software that runs the online university will not read Safari.

violetfizz
01-07-2016, 03:02 PM
I use Chrome at home and office. I'm happy to report that I can see SLB's hotel organizing photos.

violetfizz
01-07-2016, 03:09 PM
I did the CTRL-F5 suggestion, wonder if that's why I can see images now? Whatever did it, hope it continues.

EvilGreebo
01-07-2016, 03:10 PM
Hi back Greebo...

On a Mac but I switched to the Google instead of Safari and Chrome worked! Both are loaded on the Mac.

Can you make it work in Safari? I only use Chrome when I have too at work since our Java based software that runs the online university will not read Safari.
I can't do anything to your browser. If you can figure out how to flush Safari's cache and DNS info, that'll probably solve your problem.

pknord
01-07-2016, 04:53 PM
Can you see this?

I can't see it--lots of days, I can see some photos, and not others, and that's how it is again today.