User Tag List

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Hey, Mods

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    504 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    This thread is too much like work. I work for a bank call center. Guess what I deal with all day long? Zelle questions, Zelle holds and blocks. Don't type that this is a gift unless you want to go through the drill of verifying that you know the sender because there is so much Zelle fraud going on right now.

In no particular order, the following do not accept Zelle or gift cards that you call a phone number and give the codes off of them for payments:

IRS
    Social Security
    Utility companies
    Amazon

The latest scam is that you receive an email or phone call from "Amazon" or "utility company" telling you that you have ordered a big ticket item that is getting ready to post to your bank account and we need to refund it (the Amazon scam) or you have overpaid your bill (utility scam). Login to your online banking and into Zelle so we can "refund" the money. If you do and send the money, there's no way to recoup it. If you give them remote access to your computer, you've just given them your login info and compromised all your accounts. People with cell phones don't realize this is a mini computer and those bat rastards can hide software on those, too. Usually you end up opening new accounts and paying for your computer to be scrubbed and phones completely reset to factory settings.

You are out the money. You cannot get it back.

We think it's called Zelle because it rhymes with hell, where there's a special place reserved for those who scam, especially the elderly.
    Last edited by wannabedebtfree; 03-09-2022 at 12:13 AM.
    Annie

VISION: Move out of state

BS 2 COMPLETE 6/25/22!

2. Hug traveller1932 hugged this user
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Just want to say that I LOVE THIS FORUM! People willing to nearly tear their hair out trying to donate money is simply...AWESOME!

TEAM SARAH

​Back to BS3

"No, it's a case of you did accidental smart back when you were doing mostly stupid. So, now that you're doing intentional smart, don't add in some intentional stupid to undo the accidental smart."

Thanks to Herbert N. for this quote

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    591 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wannabedebtfree View Post
    This thread is too much like work. I work for a bank call center. Guess what I deal with all day long? Zelle questions, Zelle holds and blocks. Don't type that this is a gift unless you want to go through the drill of verifying that you know the sender because there is so much Zelle fraud going on right now.

We think it's called Zelle because it rhymes with hell, where there's a special place reserved for those who scam, especially the elderly.
    So. I am a non-techy. I'm also paranoid about websites and cell phones. But I love DFF. So since I put the Zelle app, as well as my bank's app, on my phone in a futile attempt to donate that way....
    1) What do you suggest I do with the Zelle app and the bank app that are now on my phone?
    2) And what do you suggest I do with the Zelle registration that is now connected to the bank and accessible through the bank's web page?
    Sometimes you just have to do what feels right with your money instead of what is "optimal". Too many focus on optimal outcomes, when good enough is good enough. (Thanks to Retired @ 50)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    504 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wintersong View Post
    So. I am a non-techy. I'm also paranoid about websites and cell phones. But I love DFF. So since I put the Zelle app, as well as my bank's app, on my phone in a futile attempt to donate that way....
    1) What do you suggest I do with the Zelle app and the bank app that are now on my phone?
    2) And what do you suggest I do with the Zelle registration that is now connected to the bank and accessible through the bank's web page?
    Zelle app: uninstall it. If your bank offers Zelle, you do Zelle through your bank.

Bank app: you can uninstall it.

Zelle enrollment: contact your bank and tell them you want your Zelle deactivated if you don't wish to use it. They will reach out to Zelle to get you unenrolled. You cannot use Zelle without being logged into your bank in some way. Obviously, keeping your passwords safe, clearing internet history, not using bookmarks for financial institutions are up there with keeping your accounts safe.
    Annie

VISION: Move out of state

BS 2 COMPLETE 6/25/22!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    591 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Thanks. Uninstalled. Hopefully we have enough money at DFF to last at least a year. Then I can fight with technology all over again.
    Sometimes you just have to do what feels right with your money instead of what is "optimal". Too many focus on optimal outcomes, when good enough is good enough. (Thanks to Retired @ 50)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll certainly donate.
    BS7, Mutual Funds, Single Stocks.

Disclaimer: I don't discuss my personal finances in length for example how much money I have saved or how much I invest etc. I discuss my finances in very little detail. I don't feel the need to share my personal life or financial life on the internet.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    870 Post(s)
    Tagged
    17 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wintersong View Post
    Uninstall the apps from your phone.

Leave the Zelle registration alone so you can use it!
    BS7

Diane--single empty-nester in small-town Middle Tennessee

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    870 Post(s)
    Tagged
    17 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarchy View Post
    I'll certainly donate.
    GREAT to see you back! You have been missed.
    BS7

Diane--single empty-nester in small-town Middle Tennessee

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by coolmom42 View Post
    GREAT to see you back! You have been missed.
    Thank you I'm still around.My job keeps me so busy I tend to fall off the radar.
    BS7, Mutual Funds, Single Stocks.

Disclaimer: I don't discuss my personal finances in length for example how much money I have saved or how much I invest etc. I discuss my finances in very little detail. I don't feel the need to share my personal life or financial life on the internet.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1412 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarchy View Post
    Thank you I'm still around.My job keeps me so busy I tend to fall off the radar.
    You're just out there building that dividend paying stock portfolio baby!
    BS7: arrived 9/13/13

When you finally learn that a person's behavior has more to do with their internal struggle than it ever did with you, you learn grace.

12. Likes Anarchy liked this post