Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Hey, Mods

Chasing the cheetah
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    356 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    For Zelle - what goes where? It looks like I used it years ago to send money to relatives but I don't remember how to do it. Where does debtfreefanatics@gmail.com go? The first name field?

Add a New Recipient
    Only use Zelle® registered sign to pay people you know.
    First name
    Last name
    You can use Zelle to send money to a business, as long as it is enrolled in Zelle. Enter the full name of the business in the First name field.
    Nickname (Optional)
    Your preferred name
    Send by
    Send by

Select one
    BS1,2 - SL's ($238,231) gone - 7/2012
    BS3 - Done - 5/2017 ($150,000). Now filling sinking funds (car replacement, roof, etc.)
    BS4 - Social security (since 6/2016), pension & 457b on retirement. After tax investing - I wish I had.
    BS6 - In apt & working in one state, paid off house (7/1/15) in another - DDs house sitting (yes it is a good idea)
    BS7:

'If there are no dogs in Heaven then when I die I want to go where they went.' Will Rogers

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1412 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by textev View Post
    For Zelle - what goes where? It looks like I used it years ago to send money to relatives but I don't remember how to do it. Where does debtfreefanatics@gmail.com go? The first name field?

Add a New Recipient
    First name
    Last name
    You can use Zelle to send money to a business, as long as it is enrolled in Zelle. Enter the full name of the business in the First name field.
    Nickname (Optional)
    Your preferred name
    Send by
    Send by

Select one
    It looks like you have the radio button for "personal" checked. Change that to "business" and see if that works for you.
    BS7: arrived 9/13/13

When you finally learn that a person's behavior has more to do with their internal struggle than it ever did with you, you learn grace.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    675 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SueandTom View Post
    I did it! I did it!

Or at least I think I did.
    You did
    'And, finally, when all of the pulling was done, Gertrude, behind her, again had just one...
    That one little feather she had as a starter. But now that's enough, because now she is smarter.'

Chasing the cheetah
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    356 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cwilli26 View Post
    It looks like you have the radio button for "personal" checked. Change that to "business" and see if that works for you.
    The only options there are:

1. Click a previous recipient (names are given) versus click add a new recipient. I clicked add a new recipient.

2. Send by:

Mobile number
    Email address
    Wells Fargo account

And I chose email address.

I then typed in debtfreefanatics@gmail.com in the email address field. I clicked on next. I was alerted to fill in First Name and Last Name. I typed in debtfreefanatics@gmail.com in the first name field since that is the instruction (given below) if sending money to a business (which DFF isn't as far as I know but I didn't know what else to do) - and that wasn't accepted.

Add a New Recipient
    First name
    Last name
    Nickname (Optional)
    Your preferred name
    Send by
    Send by

Email address
    Email address
    BS1,2 - SL's ($238,231) gone - 7/2012
    BS3 - Done - 5/2017 ($150,000). Now filling sinking funds (car replacement, roof, etc.)
    BS4 - Social security (since 6/2016), pension & 457b on retirement. After tax investing - I wish I had.
    BS6 - In apt & working in one state, paid off house (7/1/15) in another - DDs house sitting (yes it is a good idea)
    BS7:

'If there are no dogs in Heaven then when I die I want to go where they went.' Will Rogers

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    675 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by textev View Post
    The only options there are:

1. Click a previous recipient (names are given) versus click add a new recipient. I clicked add a new recipient.

2. Send by:

Mobile number
    Email address
    Wells Fargo account

And I chose email address.

I then typed in debtfreefanatics@gmail.com in the email address field. I clicked on next. I was alerted to fill in First Name and Last Name. I typed in debtfreefanatics@gmail.com in the first name field since that is the instruction (given below) if sending money to a business (which DFF isn't as far as I know but I didn't know what else to do) - and that wasn't accepted.

Add a New Recipient
    First name
    Last name
    Nickname (Optional)
    Your preferred name
    Send by
    Send by

Email address
    Email address
    Can you send or pm me your email? Then I think can request money without putting my full name out on the web
    'And, finally, when all of the pulling was done, Gertrude, behind her, again had just one...
    That one little feather she had as a starter. But now that's enough, because now she is smarter.'

Spreading the word stressedmess's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GertieMcFuzz View Post
    Ok, it doesn’t directly link to our bank account but it will allow money to be sent to our DFF email address; I haven’t used popmoney before to know how that process works but it is available now.
    It requires a first and last name associated with the email address I enter. It says it will send you an email for this first time transaction asking for the bank deposit information. Shall I continue with a transaction?
    BS 6 - $20K remaining
    Retired Aug. 2014

Spreading the word stressedmess's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just made the transaction, so you should receive an email asking you to confirm.
    BS 6 - $20K remaining
    Retired Aug. 2014

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    675 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stressedmess View Post
    I just made the transaction, so you should receive an email asking you to confirm.
    Ok, that was pretty painless to go through

it did say it will take a few days to post to our account.

9. Likes stressedmess liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    591 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    I tried to register for Zelle. But when it said "next" and I pushed Next, it logged me out.
    Oh well. This is for my March budget anyway. I'll try next week.
    Sometimes you just have to do what feels right with your money instead of what is "optimal". Too many focus on optimal outcomes, when good enough is good enough. (Thanks to Retired @ 50)

Coasting towards the finish line
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    512 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    I sent via Zelle today and it worked fine using the gmail address.

12. Thanks cwilli26 thanked for this post