User Tag List

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Hey, Mods

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    675 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    As an FYI, there are fees associated with using PayPal (another reason I don’t like using for DFF); Zelle appears (judging by dollar amounts received) to charge for some users but not others. Probably depends on the bank agreement.
    'And, finally, when all of the pulling was done, Gertrude, behind her, again had just one...
    That one little feather she had as a starter. But now that's enough, because now she is smarter.'

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1412 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GertieMcFuzz View Post
    As an FYI, there are fees associated with using PayPal (another reason I don’t like using for DFF); Zelle appears (judging by dollar amounts received) to charge for some users but not others. Probably depends on the bank agreement.
    There are fees only under certain circumstances which can easily and leg be avoided. For our purposes, there should be no fees.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    675 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cwilli26 View Post
    There are fees only under certain circumstances which can easily and leg be avoided. For our purposes, there should be no fees.
    I don’t know what to say, I’m just on the receiving end and am seeing a few non-round number deposits which I assumed was a few on their banks end. It could be someone intentionally contributed 20.22 or 49.95; I have no way of knowing.
    'And, finally, when all of the pulling was done, Gertrude, behind her, again had just one...
    That one little feather she had as a starter. But now that's enough, because now she is smarter.'

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1412 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I don’t know what to say, I’m just on the receiving end and am seeing a few non-round number deposits which I assumed was a few on their banks end. It could be someone intentionally contributed 20.22 or 49.95; I have no way of knowing.
    If the sender selects send to a friend or as a gift, no fees will be taken out. If they send in any other manner, PayPal will take a cut.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Is using Paypal still an option? I don't use my phone for banking and the only way to use Zelle is on the phone.
    "Far away, there, in the sunshine, are my brightest aspirations. I may not reach them, but I can look up and see their beauty, believe in them, and try to follow where they lead."
    ~~ Louisa May Alcott

BS7 reached in 2022

Gazelles for the win
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    402 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rolo4evr View Post
    Is using Paypal still an option? I don't use my phone for banking and the only way to use Zelle is on the phone.
    Yes it is - although it sounds like it might not be next time. I am another who won't use my phone for banking.
    Mortgage paid off Feb 12, 2010 BS 7a - kitchen remodel completed - 2011 BS 7b - my bathroom remodel and max out sinking funds ($13.5K) - 2012 BS 7c - min car repl fund $13K - 2013 My goal was to retire in Jan 2016 at age 58, but instead I retired 10/24/2014

7. Likes rolo4evr liked this post
    Within the shadows of the everlasting hills
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My bank doesn't use Zelle and since it's a credit union it's highly unlikely that will ever change. It looks like you can use it as a stand-alone app, but I've already got accounts on Venmo and Cash App and Google Pay and Paypal so don't really feel like setting up yet another money transfer account. If Paypal isn't going to be an option going forward, please make another option available!
    Emily

"I know I'm different, but from now on, I'm going to try to be the same." —Judy Maxwell, What's Up, Doc?

BS 7, technically?: Don't own a home and probably never will, unless I get a big inheritance (unlikely!).

9. Thanks rolo4evr thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    675 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cwilli26 View Post
    If the sender selects send to a friend or as a gift, no fees will be taken out. If they send in any other manner, PayPal will take a cut.
    You mean Zelle, correct?

and, as I said, I don’t have fees on my end I’m just seeing what is being deposited.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Money donated via Paypal.

Mods/Admins, THANKS your work and commitment!

"Far away, there, in the sunshine, are my brightest aspirations. I may not reach them, but I can look up and see their beauty, believe in them, and try to follow where they lead."
    ~~ Louisa May Alcott

BS7 reached in 2022

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1412 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    You mean Zelle, correct?

and, as I said, I don’t have fees on my end I’m just seeing what is being deposited.
    No, I was talking about PayPai if you’re seeing odd amounts using that method. My dad is notorious for doing PayPal ‘wrong’ and the recipient will get $49 instead of $50, for example.

I don’t think Zelle has that issue unless you’re seeing something similarly odd in the amounts coming in.