Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Hey, Mods

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    675 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cwilli26 View Post
    No, I was talking about PayPai if you’re seeing odd amounts using that method. My dad is notorious for doing PayPal ‘wrong’ and the recipient will get $49 instead of $50, for example.

I don’t think Zelle has that issue unless you’re seeing something similarly odd in the amounts coming in.
    That's what I was saying, there are a few odd amounts coming in from Zelle. Not the majority, maybe 2-3. Zelle goes right to the bank account; I do nothing (which I prefer) so it could be the donor is putting in that odd amount, it could be a fee on their banks end. I don't know.

Paypal I have to move and those I can see what is donated vs. what we actually receive.
    'And, finally, when all of the pulling was done, Gertrude, behind her, again had just one...
    That one little feather she had as a starter. But now that's enough, because now she is smarter.'

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1412 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GertieMcFuzz View Post
    That's what I was saying, there are a few odd amounts coming in from Zelle. Not the majority, maybe 2-3. Zelle goes right to the bank account; I do nothing (which I prefer) so it could be the donor is putting in that odd amount, it could be a fee on their banks end. I don't know.

Paypal I have to move and those I can see what is donated vs. what we actually receive.
    Gotcha. I misunderstood.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    491 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    zelle works on a pc....I use it on my laptop all the time.
    "Budgeting is like sex...it ain't good til it hurts!" -polly-anna

'You can make changes or you can make excuses.' ~me
    'Don't bankrupt your tomorrow to pay for your yesterday.' ~also me

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    591 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wintersong View Post
    I tried to register for Zelle. But when it said "next" and I pushed Next, it logged me out.
    Oh well. This is for my March budget anyway. I'll try next week.
    I stopped at the bank today to ask about Zelle. They said if I don't give them a cell phone number, I can't use Zelle through them. They said Zelle works by cell phone numbers.

Do I have a cell? Yes. Do I give out the number? No. I give out my landline. The bank has my landline.
    The bank said I can download the Zelle app and that Zelle won't spam me if I enter my cell in the app.

I know I'm being stubborn about giving the bank my cell, but they do marketing calls from time to time and that's what the landline is for.

So what do you think? Am I safe from spam calls and thieves if I download the app?
    If I download it, can I delete it later?
    I've donated by Pay Pal in the past but if Gertie is phasing it out.....it feels like I'm sabotaging her efforts to use Pay Pal. (But not saying I won't use Pay Pal.)

Advice?
    Sometimes you just have to do what feels right with your money instead of what is "optimal". Too many focus on optimal outcomes, when good enough is good enough. (Thanks to Retired @ 50)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Zelle has never spam called me. So far it's been safe from thieves with no issues.
    Joined TMMO: 2/2009
    Debt Free: 4/2010
    BS7: 3/2015

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    675 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Typically banks want cellphone # so they can text two-factor authorization numbers when needed.
    'And, finally, when all of the pulling was done, Gertrude, behind her, again had just one...
    That one little feather she had as a starter. But now that's enough, because now she is smarter.'

Gazelles for the win
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    402 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wintersong View Post
    I've donated by Pay Pal in the past but if Gertie is phasing it out.....it feels like I'm sabotaging her efforts to use Pay Pal. (But not saying I won't use Pay Pal.)

Advice?
    I opted to donate via PayPal and will deal with change when I have to
    Mortgage paid off Feb 12, 2010 BS 7a - kitchen remodel completed - 2011 BS 7b - my bathroom remodel and max out sinking funds ($13.5K) - 2012 BS 7c - min car repl fund $13K - 2013 My goal was to retire in Jan 2016 at age 58, but instead I retired 10/24/2014

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I also PayPalle'd but will go educate myself on Zelle. Old dog, new tricks...takes me a bit.
    TEAM SARAH

​Back to BS3

"No, it's a case of you did accidental smart back when you were doing mostly stupid. So, now that you're doing intentional smart, don't add in some intentional stupid to undo the accidental smart."

Thanks to Herbert N. for this quote

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    870 Post(s)
    Tagged
    17 Thread(s)
    IIRC I got a 2 factor authentication from Zelle the first time I used it. A security code texted to my phone and then entered in the Zelle app.

I've never had a phone call from Zelle OR my bank. I wouldn't put up with that.
    BS7

Diane--single empty-nester in small-town Middle Tennessee

10. Likes samkidsmom liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    591 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    I continue to not do so well with this.
    I went and downloaded Zelle and gave Zelle my cell, but then I got the message, "Good News, your bank uses Zelle," and it sent me to the bank's login.

The good news was that when I clicked on Zelle within the bank's website, I was able to use my email address. This time it did not demand my cell. It sent a verification code to my email.
    Unfortunately, I typed it in wrong.
    It told me I typed it in wrong and to try again.
    I added the missing digit.
    Then it told me I had tried too many times and to try again later.

It did not define "later."

I'm trying to donate, but it just is not going well! I also couldn't locate the Announcement so if the Announcement has info that is needed for the donation, I have a second problem. @coolmom42 , does it have special info?
    Sometimes you just have to do what feels right with your money instead of what is "optimal". Too many focus on optimal outcomes, when good enough is good enough. (Thanks to Retired @ 50)