User Tag List

Thread: copy/paste issues

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    870 Post(s)
    Tagged
    17 Thread(s)

copy/paste issues

There is a post that has some sections in bold. I would like to copy the post and paste it into one of my own. When I do that, the entire text that I paste is in bold, not just the sections that originally were. I can't make it go away by turning off the bold button. But some people seem to be able to do copy it correctly.

What's the deal?

This is the thread--2017 Mortgage progress.

I would like to copy the previous post to mine, paste it into my post, and edit the number beside my name.
    BS7

Diane--single empty-nester in small-town Middle Tennessee

Abuses authoritah with reckless abandon. EvilGreebo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    270 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by coolmom42 View Post
    There is a post that has some sections in bold. I would like to copy the post and paste it into one of my own. When I do that, the entire text that I paste is in bold, not just the sections that originally were. I can't make it go away by turning off the bold button. But some people seem to be able to do copy it correctly.

What's the deal?

This is the thread--2017 Mortgage progress.

I would like to copy the previous post to mine, paste it into my post, and edit the number beside my name.
    Not sure - what if you quote the post then remove the quote tags?
    If you're having trouble logging in or any other tech support issues, or if you have a question about the software, please post them in the Visitor's Corner.
    If you need to reach me about something more private, please contact me via private message.

Reaching out to me privately may not result in a quick response. Posting in the Visitor's Corner ensures other staff members will see your post as well and may be able to help you more quickly.

Also, as far as I know, none of the staff here are psychics, so if you are reporting an issue, and want help, then please take the time to be as detailed as possible. The more effort you put into describing the problem, the more we'll put into solving it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    870 Post(s)
    Tagged
    17 Thread(s)
    Dunno. Will try that. Maybe that's what others are doing.
    BS7

Gazelles for the win
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    403 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Or maybe "go advanced" at the bottom of your post before it is "posted" and edit the quote to take the bold off?
    Mortgage paid off Feb 12, 2010 BS 7a - kitchen remodel completed - 2011 BS 7b - my bathroom remodel and max out sinking funds ($13.5K) - 2012 BS 7c - min car repl fund $13K - 2013 My goal was to retire in Jan 2016 at age 58, but instead I retired 10/24/2014

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    When you paste it, instead of clicking "paste" after you right click where you want to paste the text, click "paste as plain text". Voila!

Edited to add: you will lose the bolded parts that were meant to be bold, though, so if you want to keep those bold, just highlight and make them bold.
    Save $6.00 on the awesome budgeting software YNAB

Try Plan to Eat meal planning software. You can import recipes, type in your own, grab recipes from your friends, and it will populate a shopping list for you based on the recipes you plan to use.

Attitude is the difference between an ordeal and an experience.

You can either live in the past, or look towards the future. You cannot simultaneously do both with success.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    870 Post(s)
    Tagged
    17 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilGreebo View Post
    Not sure - what if you quote the post then remove the quote tags?
    Did a test, and that worked! Thanks, Greebo!
    BS7