User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Problems logging in

unrregistered

Problems logging in

So I come to the main login page, enter the user name and pwd, and I get the banner "Thank you for logging in, sandrark."

Then the screen changes, and it dumps me back to the same page, not logged in. Help?

Gazelles for the win
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    401 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I know nothing, but have you tried clearing cookies or whatever? or maybe easier, try first with another browser (chrome, firefox, exporer)?
    @EvilGreebo @lexnaturalis
    Mortgage paid off Feb 12, 2010 BS 7a - kitchen remodel completed - 2011 BS 7b - my bathroom remodel and max out sinking funds ($13.5K) - 2012 BS 7c - min car repl fund $13K - 2013 My goal was to retire in Jan 2016 at age 58, but instead I retired 10/24/2014

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    870 Post(s)
    Tagged
    17 Thread(s)
    I reported this to Lex & Greebo.

Try a different browser? Allow cookies?
    BS7

Diane--single empty-nester in small-town Middle Tennessee

Abuses authoritah with reckless abandon. EvilGreebo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    270 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Sorry, i'm out of town this week and wasn't checking in.

Go to the main page, and then hold down Ctrl and press F5 to force the browser to fully refresh it's cache. Then close browser and reopen it. Then check "remember me" when you log in.

If that fails, clear all cookies related to debtfreefanatics.com
    If you're having trouble logging in or any other tech support issues, or if you have a question about the software, please post them in the Visitor's Corner.
    If you need to reach me about something more private, please contact me via private message.

Reaching out to me privately may not result in a quick response. Posting in the Visitor's Corner ensures other staff members will see your post as well and may be able to help you more quickly.

Also, as far as I know, none of the staff here are psychics, so if you are reporting an issue, and want help, then please take the time to be as detailed as possible. The more effort you put into describing the problem, the more we'll put into solving it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    406 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks, Greebo. On a Mac, so I deleted the browsing history and cookies, and logged on from a different page than usual. Clicking the "remember me" seemed to do the trick, even though it was already a stored Username and pwd.
    BS3: Done
    BS4: 17% of gross to pension & Roth + 14% employer match to pension
    BS5: N/A
    BS6: $195,945 after March's payment
    1 year, 6 months to retirement, September 2025!

Sandi

lexnaturalis
    Sorry, I had to help write an emergency brief and worked until very late last night.

Just because the username/password was stored doesn't mean that it'll remember you. Those are two different functions. The "remember me" sets a cookie that doesn't expire (for a period of time anyway) so that you don't have to keep logging in. The other just saves your username/password so that you can login more quickly.

7. Thanks sandrark thanked for this post
+ Reply to Thread