Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Formatting being weird

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Formatting being weird

My posts have stopped formatting correctly, in my most recent Frugal Living post, I edited to add a line and hit enter twice to start the last sentence, it is showing right at the end of the last. And my last post in the Money Game thread had spaces between each line, but they aren't showing up either. Thougths @EvilGreebo ?

Gazelles for the win
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    401 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    You have to put like triple lines between paragraphs when you edit. I don't understand why, but it has been that way for a while.
    Mortgage paid off Feb 12, 2010 BS 7a - kitchen remodel completed - 2011 BS 7b - my bathroom remodel and max out sinking funds ($13.5K) - 2012 BS 7c - min car repl fund $13K - 2013 My goal was to retire in Jan 2016 at age 58, but instead I retired 10/24/2014

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorothy View Post
    You have to put like triple lines between paragraphs when you edit. I don't understand why, but it has been that way for a while.
    That's good to know, but I feel it happens on my original posts too, let me try now.I hit enter twice to stat this sentence.

Gazelles for the win
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    401 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I've never had an issue w/ regular posts. will hit enter twice now

And it seems to work - now to post it
    Mortgage paid off Feb 12, 2010 BS 7a - kitchen remodel completed - 2011 BS 7b - my bathroom remodel and max out sinking funds ($13.5K) - 2012 BS 7c - min car repl fund $13K - 2013 My goal was to retire in Jan 2016 at age 58, but instead I retired 10/24/2014

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I wonder if it is when I quote someone else.Hit enter twice for this sentence.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Ugggh it just doesn't like me lol

Abuses authoritah with reckless abandon. EvilGreebo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    270 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    What browser are you using?
    If you're having trouble logging in or any other tech support issues, or if you have a question about the software, please post them in the Visitor's Corner.
    If you need to reach me about something more private, please contact me via private message.

Reaching out to me privately may not result in a quick response. Posting in the Visitor's Corner ensures other staff members will see your post as well and may be able to help you more quickly.

Also, as far as I know, none of the staff here are psychics, so if you are reporting an issue, and want help, then please take the time to be as detailed as possible. The more effort you put into describing the problem, the more we'll put into solving it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilGreebo View Post
    What browser are you using?
    Chrome

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    270 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Hmm. Strange indeed.
    New line no space

New line 2 - 1 space

New line 3 - 2 spaces
    New line no space
    Edited
    If you're having trouble logging in or any other tech support issues, or if you have a question about the software, please post them in the Visitor's Corner.
    If you need to reach me about something more private, please contact me via private message.

Reaching out to me privately may not result in a quick response. Posting in the Visitor's Corner ensures other staff members will see your post as well and may be able to help you more quickly.

Also, as far as I know, none of the staff here are psychics, so if you are reporting an issue, and want help, then please take the time to be as detailed as possible. The more effort you put into describing the problem, the more we'll put into solving it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    270 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    So I see the issue maybe - when you edit a post are you taking out extra white spaces that chrome is putting in?