Thread: Please put all change requests here

Abuses authoritah with reckless abandon. EvilGreebo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    270 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Please put all change requests here

So I'm trying to not go too nuts here setting up too many forums or features, since this may be a temporary home. As such, if there's a particular subforum you really want to see created again, please let me know here.
    If you're having trouble logging in or any other tech support issues, or if you have a question about the software, please post them in the Visitor's Corner.
    If you need to reach me about something more private, please contact me via private message.

Reaching out to me privately may not result in a quick response. Posting in the Visitor's Corner ensures other staff members will see your post as well and may be able to help you more quickly.

Also, as far as I know, none of the staff here are psychics, so if you are reporting an issue, and want help, then please take the time to be as detailed as possible. The more effort you put into describing the problem, the more we'll put into solving it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Re: Please put all change requests here

Can I request that you take over running the main forum on a contract basis from Lampo?

If I were asleep
    I could dream
    If I were afraid
    I could hide
    If I go insane
    Please don't put your wires in my brain

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    270 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas. View Post
    Can I request that you take over running the main forum on a contract basis from Lampo?

You can, but Lampo might have something to say about it.
    If you're having trouble logging in or any other tech support issues, or if you have a question about the software, please post them in the Visitor's Corner.
    If you need to reach me about something more private, please contact me via private message.

Reaching out to me privately may not result in a quick response. Posting in the Visitor's Corner ensures other staff members will see your post as well and may be able to help you more quickly.

Also, as far as I know, none of the staff here are psychics, so if you are reporting an issue, and want help, then please take the time to be as detailed as possible. The more effort you put into describing the problem, the more we'll put into solving it.

Coasting towards the finish line financial_mom's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    741 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)

Like!
    Mary

Shine on!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    270 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I forgot how much detail goes into setting up a new forum. So many settings and variables - and this is new software for me.

So general request - if you see something that looks generic and like it probably should be customized, let me know here, I'll try to figure out how to fix it...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

When I post, I get dropped back out of the thread I replied to. Can this be changed?
    If I were asleep
    I could dream
    If I were afraid
    I could hide
    If I go insane
    Please don't put your wires in my brain

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    270 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

When I post, I get dropped back out of the thread I replied to. Can this be changed?
    You mean it takes you back to the thread list? Hmm, I'm not sure, but I'll look into it

------------------------------------- Update

By default, when you submit a post, you are taken back to the board in which the post was made. Many people, however, prefer to be returned to the post which they have just made.

There are two ways to achieve this:

• Each member can set this in their profile. In the look and layout section, put a check in 'Return to topics after posting by default' and click 'Save'.

• To make it the default setting for guests and new members, go to Admin panel > Current theme > Member Options. On that page, click on 'Configure guest and new user options for this theme' under the theme's name for which you want this to apply. On the page that opens, check the box next to 'Return to topics after posting by default' and save your new setting.

• To make it the default setting for everyone, go to Admin panel > Current theme > Member Options. On that page, click on 'Change current options for all members using this theme' under the theme's name for which you want this to apply. On the page that opens, click the drop-down box next to 'Return to topics after posting by default' and click 'Change'. Check the box next to it and save your new setting.

If you want to set this for more than one theme, you will need to modify each one separately.

------------------------------------------------------------

I will set this as the default as IMO it makes MUCH more sense.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    270 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Testing if it worked

Yay, it worked!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Test
    If I were asleep
    I could dream
    If I were afraid
    I could hide
    If I go insane