Thread: Resize avatars

Knows too much. Must die. NinjaNerd's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Resize avatars

I've noticed a lot of avatars from people that must be quite large, and all we are seeing is a thin vertical strip of it.
    Many forum software programs limit the size of the avatar, this one may and it's not set.

In either case, if using Windows, there is a program called Paint. You can load your picture and resize it to make it fit better as an avatar. I'm sure Apple computers have a similar program. If mobile, you can use an app like Pixlr Express to resize your avatars if needed.

A place to stay
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Resize avatars

There are many websites that allow you to do the same. Here is one I found with a quick search.

http://optimizilla.com/

Abuses authoritah with reckless abandon. EvilGreebo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    270 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Well so far from what I can tell, 'a lot' of avatars is 1, since I've only seen one like that.

However, the software is SUPPOSED to resize for you automatically when you upload. I made a few tweaks to the settings to hopefully fix that. Re-loading your avatar if you're having a problem should address the issue, I hope.
    If you're having trouble logging in or any other tech support issues, or if you have a question about the software, please post them in the Visitor's Corner.
    If you need to reach me about something more private, please contact me via private message.

Reaching out to me privately may not result in a quick response. Posting in the Visitor's Corner ensures other staff members will see your post as well and may be able to help you more quickly.

Also, as far as I know, none of the staff here are psychics, so if you are reporting an issue, and want help, then please take the time to be as detailed as possible. The more effort you put into describing the problem, the more we'll put into solving it.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I've seen three like that: Sluggo's twerking elephant, somebody's baby, and somebody else's (mommameah?) ironing mom ... but only when I was on my tablet (Kindle Fire HDX) last night. They looked fine on the PC.

Knows too much. Must die. NinjaNerd's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've seen probably the same three, it just seemed like they were in the same thread, causing one to think 'lot'.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NinjaNerd View Post
    I've seen probably the same three, it just seemed like they were in the same thread, causing one to think 'lot'.
    Oh yeah, I saw that, too.
    Save $6.00 on the awesome budgeting software YNAB

Try Plan to Eat meal planning software. You can import recipes, type in your own, grab recipes from your friends, and it will populate a shopping list for you based on the recipes you plan to use.

Attitude is the difference between an ordeal and an experience.

You can either live in the past, or look towards the future. You cannot simultaneously do both with success.