Friend of DFF
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    327 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazz_Luvr View Post
    It's to quote multiple posts.

When you click on it, it puts a check mark next to the post. Then when you Reply with Quote, all of the ones that are checked are quoted in your reply.
    yeah that's handy

But is there a way to undo it?

It works well when you use it, but if you come back to the same thread later then hit "reply with quote" on a new post, you get all of the posts you quoted in your reply box (again)
    Fearlessly be yourself!

lexnaturalis
    Quote Originally Posted by ironwoman05 View Post
    Just click it again. It'll toggle back off.

Abuses authoritah with reckless abandon. EvilGreebo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    270 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    yeah that's handy

It works well when you use it, but if you come back to the same thread later then hit "reply with quote" on a new post, you get all of the posts you quoted in your reply box (again)
    You shouldn't, unless you're using the back button on the browser, which is telling the browser "return to the previous page in the state in which I left it" so if you're doing that, and getting the multiple replies quoted again, it's cause you should.
    If you're having trouble logging in or any other tech support issues, or if you have a question about the software, please post them in the Visitor's Corner.
    If you need to reach me about something more private, please contact me via private message.

Reaching out to me privately may not result in a quick response. Posting in the Visitor's Corner ensures other staff members will see your post as well and may be able to help you more quickly.

Also, as far as I know, none of the staff here are psychics, so if you are reporting an issue, and want help, then please take the time to be as detailed as possible. The more effort you put into describing the problem, the more we'll put into solving it.

Friend of DFF
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    327 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilGreebo View Post
    You shouldn't, unless you're using the back button on the browser, which is telling the browser "return to the previous page in the state in which I left it" so if you're doing that, and getting the multiple replies quoted again, it's cause you should.
    I get them when I come back to the thread, like the next day, which I do through "settings".

So when I want to make a new reply, all the old quotes also come up unless I go back and individually uncheck or individually delete the quotes in the reply window.
    Fearlessly be yourself!

Abuses authoritah with reckless abandon. EvilGreebo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    270 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I get them when I come back to the thread, like the next day, which I do through "settings".

So when I want to make a new reply, all the old quotes also come up unless I go back and individually uncheck or individually delete the quotes in the reply window.
    When you quick the multi quote button on a reply it takes the content of that reply and sticks it in a cookie. When you reply, the cookie should be cleared. If you don't reply, they'll stay in the cookie for a long time.

If you're finding that you quote, reply, and they still stick around, lets try forcibly resetting your forum cache. CTRL-F5.
    If you're having trouble logging in or any other tech support issues, or if you have a question about the software, please post them in the Visitor's Corner.
    If you need to reach me about something more private, please contact me via private message.

Reaching out to me privately may not result in a quick response. Posting in the Visitor's Corner ensures other staff members will see your post as well and may be able to help you more quickly.

Also, as far as I know, none of the staff here are psychics, so if you are reporting an issue, and want help, then please take the time to be as detailed as possible. The more effort you put into describing the problem, the more we'll put into solving it.

Friend of DFF
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    327 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    When you quick the multi quote button on a reply it takes the content of that reply and sticks it in a cookie. When you reply, the cookie should be cleared. If you don't reply, they'll stay in the cookie for a long time.

If you're finding that you quote, reply, and they still stick around, lets try forcibly resetting your forum cache. CTRL-F5.

Thanks

And the multi-quotes were gone this morning when I posted from a different computer, so the "cookie" thing totally makes sense.
    Fearlessly be yourself!

lexnaturalis
    Thanks

And the multi-quotes were gone this morning when I posted from a different computer, so the "cookie" thing totally makes sense.

Doing a test to see if it goes away.

lexnaturalis
    Quote Originally Posted by lexnaturalis View Post
    Doing a test to see if it goes away.
    For me it went away after I replied. Maybe I'll play around some more to see if I can recreate the issue.

Friend of DFF
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    327 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Okay so one of the quotes I had in the controversial "hungry children" group just won't go away. I let it stay there, I have new replies, and it just keeps following me around like a sticky booger.
    Fearlessly be yourself!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Okay so one of the quotes I had in the controversial "hungry children" group just won't go away. I let it stay there, I have new replies, and it just keeps following me around like a sticky booger.
    Have you tried logging out, clearing your cookies and then logging back in?
    Team Sarah

Life is full of choices and all choices have consequences both good and bad; so choose wisely - me