Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Offical Change Request Tracking Thread

Chasing the cheetah
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    357 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    I used to really like the gazelle jungle/cheetah/gazelle/occasional emu banner across the top of the TMMO boards. Then it disappeared for some reason, never to return. (Maybe it is copyrighted?)

I also like the neat, clean, uncluttered, professional look of the top of vBulletin.

So this isn't really a suggestion except to raise the question of whether we want the strip across the top to stay neat, clean, uncluttered, professional - just like it is, or whether we want some kind of banner like the gazelle banner that was across the top of the TMMO boards for awhile - assuming it is even possible to change it.

My opinion varies by the hour.
    BS1,2 - SL's ($238,231) gone - 7/2012
    BS3 - Done - 5/2017 ($150,000). Now filling sinking funds (car replacement, roof, etc.)
    BS4 - Social security (since 6/2016), pension & 457b on retirement. After tax investing - I wish I had.
    BS6 - In apt & working in one state, paid off house (7/1/15) in another - DDs house sitting (yes it is a good idea)
    BS7:

'If there are no dogs in Heaven then when I die I want to go where they went.' Will Rogers

lexnaturalis
    The template is fully customizable so we could make it look however we want. We may make some modifications once we get the upgrade to vb5 done.

Abuses authoritah with reckless abandon. EvilGreebo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    270 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by textev View Post
    I used to really like the gazelle jungle/cheetah/gazelle/occasional emu banner across the top of the TMMO boards. Then it disappeared for some reason, never to return. (Maybe it is copyrighted?)
    I don't remember this ... anyone got a cache image?

And wow, this thread got short when I moved out all the completed items.
    If you're having trouble logging in or any other tech support issues, or if you have a question about the software, please post them in the Visitor's Corner.
    If you need to reach me about something more private, please contact me via private message.

Reaching out to me privately may not result in a quick response. Posting in the Visitor's Corner ensures other staff members will see your post as well and may be able to help you more quickly.

Also, as far as I know, none of the staff here are psychics, so if you are reporting an issue, and want help, then please take the time to be as detailed as possible. The more effort you put into describing the problem, the more we'll put into solving it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    270 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Or it was short, until I consolidated it with the redundant thread in general.... now more posts to move!
    If you're having trouble logging in or any other tech support issues, or if you have a question about the software, please post them in the Visitor's Corner.
    If you need to reach me about something more private, please contact me via private message.

Reaching out to me privately may not result in a quick response. Posting in the Visitor's Corner ensures other staff members will see your post as well and may be able to help you more quickly.

Also, as far as I know, none of the staff here are psychics, so if you are reporting an issue, and want help, then please take the time to be as detailed as possible. The more effort you put into describing the problem, the more we'll put into solving it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    270 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazz_Luvr View Post
    I'd like to able to tag people in a post or response.
    This is an option. There's a lite version (free) and a pro version ($80 for lifetime updates). It's made by the same people that did the donations add on. (And for the record I did buy lifetime support on donations because it means I'm not constantly having to log into paypal and manually verify everything...)

I could see tagging being seen as a bit obnoxious for some, which means I'd lean towards the paid version, simply because it allows tagging to be disabled as an individual preference.

Still, I'm reluctant to spend too much on mods. What I can do is set up the lite version and see what people think.

Major Features
    Twitter-style @ "Mentions": Typing @username produces a "Mention" that will alert the user to your post, as well as link to their profile.

Quote Alerts: Members you quote will be alerted, ensuring that discussions can continue smoothly even if they left the thread.

Profile Integration: Displays Mentions, Tags and Quotes in profile tabs for quick overview of a member's activities within the mod.

Complete Feature List
    Lite

Emails:

• Email alerts for all features
    • Globally disable emails for any of the features

General Features:

• Ability to disable Thread Tag list entirely for guests
    • Globally disable any of the features

General:

• Statistics Page: Top X Thread Tagged, Top X Mentioned (Lite locked to Top 5)
    • "Mention" alerts: Type @username to mention someone, and link to their profile. Email & forum notification
    • Quote alerts: Email & forum notification
    • Tag an user in a thread to alert them to the thread via a box above threads
    • View list of tagged users above threads, with link to see all tags
    • Profile Tabs: Lists both incoming and outgoing mentions, quotes and thread tags
    • Shoutbox Integration: New Shoutbox Tab to list incoming mentions & tags
    • Control how many users to display in inline tag list
    • Turn statistics page on & off
    • Control BBCode for mentioned usernames (Underline only)
    • Control [DBTech] vBShout integration
    • Turn features on & off per category
    • Globally disable email alerts
    • Ability to set maximum mentions per post (default: unlimited)
    • Control what usergroups can use "Mentions"
    • Control what usergroups can use "Quotes"
    • Control what usergroups can use "Thread Tagging"
    • Direct link to post/blog in the "Mention Received" email
    • Direct link to post/blog in the "Quote Received" email
    • Direct link to thread in the "Thread Tag Received" email

Pro

Hash Tags:

• One-click (un)subscribe to hash tags via the post list page
    • Clicking a hashtag shows all posts tagged with that word.
    • (vB4) Forum Sidebar widget with Recent and Trending hash tags
    • Control number of Recent / Trending hash tags
    • Control time span for Recent / Trending hash tags (x Hours/Days/Weeks)
    • Control stat weights given to individual users using the hash tag, and number of uses in total (for the Trending score)
    • Control display of number of users, number of uses and trending score
    • Deny usergroups access to sidebar block

Emails:

• Per-user email disable for any of the 4 features

General Features:

• Ability to Mention and Thread Tag whole usergroups by typing their name. Per-UG permission to disable Mentions / Thread Tags for this UG.

General:

• Ability to tag all your friends by checking a checkbox instead of typing out usernames
    • Ability to tag and mention all usergroups by typing out the usergroup name, permissions control what UGs can be mentioned and tagged
    • Turn off alerts from everyone except friends
    • Hide forum notifications for individual features
    • Turn off email alerts for individual features
    • Hash tags, Twitter-style, add a topic to your post, sends notification to subscribed users
    • (vB4) Forum Sidebar block with Recent & Trending hash tags
    • (vB4) Mentions in posts visible in the Mobile Style (4.1.12+)
    • Turn tag list off
    • Control number of users displayed on Top X Stats
    • Hide "@" on mentions
    • Additional BBCode (Bold, Italic, Highlight) for mentions
    • Exclude usergroups from features
    • Exclude users from features
    • Control what usergroups can use "Hash Tags"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    270 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Dang, I know I've added breadcrumbs at thread bottoms before. How the heck did I do it?

Within the shadows of the everlasting hills
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilGreebo View Post
    Dang, I know I've added breadcrumbs at thread bottoms before. How the heck did I do it?
    I don't know, but I hope you figure it out soon, because this is the feature I want the VERY MOST.
    Emily

"I know I'm different, but from now on, I'm going to try to be the same." —Judy Maxwell, What's Up, Doc?

BS 7, technically?: Don't own a home and probably never will, unless I get a big inheritance (unlikely!).

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    270 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wahlee View Post
    I don't know, but I hope you figure it out soon, because this is the feature I want the VERY MOST.
    Then look down a bit.

Within the shadows of the everlasting hills
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by evilgreebo View Post
    then look down a bit.
    woot woot!!!!
    Emily

"I know I'm different, but from now on, I'm going to try to be the same." —Judy Maxwell, What's Up, Doc?

BS 7, technically?: Don't own a home and probably never will, unless I get a big inheritance (unlikely!).

Jumping some hurdles Roadrunnerof3's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As suggested by SLB, I decided to mention that I'd like to see a section in the forums where we can discuss books, television and movies we like. I don't really care if it is a sticky or a subforum. It would be nice to see reviews by others.

Thanks!
    Dianna