Thread: New Here

I'm lost!!!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New Here

Just started DR FPU class and was looking for some forum support but I see the TMMO forum is no more, so here I am to try and get some advice through my journey in to getting debt free. The task ahead seems almost impossible at the moment, but hopefully I can find a way through all of this. Looking forward to some advice and support.

Abuses authoritah with reckless abandon. EvilGreebo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    270 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Welcome!

We were all hit - very hard - by the loss of the TMMO forums. Many of us were members there for years and years and had thousands of posts there.

Please feel free to settle in and make yourself home here. You'll find we're currently in the process of setting up house, figuring out exactly how we want to run, getting the software nice and moved in, but it's still a refuge for the TMMO Homeless.

May I ask how you ended up finding us?
    If you're having trouble logging in or any other tech support issues, or if you have a question about the software, please post them in the Visitor's Corner.
    If you need to reach me about something more private, please contact me via private message.

Reaching out to me privately may not result in a quick response. Posting in the Visitor's Corner ensures other staff members will see your post as well and may be able to help you more quickly.

Also, as far as I know, none of the staff here are psychics, so if you are reporting an issue, and want help, then please take the time to be as detailed as possible. The more effort you put into describing the problem, the more we'll put into solving it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Welcome, airborne! You have found the greatest people on the planet to help you in your journey!
    TEAM SARAH

​Back to BS3

"No, it's a case of you did accidental smart back when you were doing mostly stupid. So, now that you're doing intentional smart, don't add in some intentional stupid to undo the accidental smart."

Thanks to Herbert N. for this quote

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    494 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Welcome, airborne!!! You are definitely in the right place now. WE are glad to have you.
    "Budgeting is like sex...it ain't good til it hurts!" -polly-anna

'You can make changes or you can make excuses.' ~me
    'Don't bankrupt your tomorrow to pay for your yesterday.' ~also me

Gazelles for the win
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    403 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Welcome! Yes, you will find lots of support here. Feel free to ask questions, post your budget for review, participate in the challenges, etc.
    Mortgage paid off Feb 12, 2010 BS 7a - kitchen remodel completed - 2011 BS 7b - my bathroom remodel and max out sinking funds ($13.5K) - 2012 BS 7c - min car repl fund $13K - 2013 My goal was to retire in Jan 2016 at age 58, but instead I retired 10/24/2014

Spreading the word stressedmess's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The task always seems impossible when you begin, and the stress of it can seem unbearable. But it is possible to conquer the debt monster and start living a new way. The first couple of months of budgeting will drive you nuts, you may obsess over it, think of it constantly, make mistakes, etc. But stick with it, because it is so worth it!!!
    BS 6 - $17,796 remaining
    Retired Aug. 2014

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stressedmess View Post
    The task always seems impossible when you begin, and the stress of it can seem unbearable. But it is possible to conquer the debt monster and start living a new way. The first couple of months of budgeting will drive you nuts, you may obsess over it, think of it constantly, make mistakes, etc. But stick with it, because it is so worth it!!!
    +1000!

And welcome!
    Sometimes I pretend to be normal
    but it gets boring so I go back to being me.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocketship underpants don't help - Calvin

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm glad you found this site. And even more glad that you're attending FPU. You will learn how to make your money behave. And do lots of reading here, these folks have so many tips and tricks to help you stretch dollars like rubber bands.
    People who beat their swords into plowshares end up plowing for people who kept their swords.

Don't handicap your children by making their lives easy. Robert A. Heinlein