Thread: Logged In Time Limit

Bad Immerito! Bad, Bad Immerito! Immerito's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)

Logged In Time Limit

Is there a way to change how long you are logged in for each session? Does the system have a set time limit, whether you are active or not, or does it log you out after X minutes of inactivity?

Gazelles for the win
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    403 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    When you log in, there is a box to click and you won't be logged out. Not good for a public computer, but great for home.
    Mortgage paid off Feb 12, 2010 BS 7a - kitchen remodel completed - 2011 BS 7b - my bathroom remodel and max out sinking funds ($13.5K) - 2012 BS 7c - min car repl fund $13K - 2013 My goal was to retire in Jan 2016 at age 58, but instead I retired 10/24/2014

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    I don't trust that feature even on home computers. Thanks though. Maybe Lex or Greebo knows the answer.

Abuses authoritah with reckless abandon. EvilGreebo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    270 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Immerito View Post
    I don't trust that feature even on home computers.
    Why?
    Thanks though. Maybe Lex or Greebo knows the answer.
    I can look. Not sure it's customizable in vBulletin.
    If you're having trouble logging in or any other tech support issues, or if you have a question about the software, please post them in the Visitor's Corner.
    If you need to reach me about something more private, please contact me via private message.

Reaching out to me privately may not result in a quick response. Posting in the Visitor's Corner ensures other staff members will see your post as well and may be able to help you more quickly.

Also, as far as I know, none of the staff here are psychics, so if you are reporting an issue, and want help, then please take the time to be as detailed as possible. The more effort you put into describing the problem, the more we'll put into solving it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    It would seem to me that if it is a security risk on public computers, it is a security risk on home computers. I don't mind setting a longin length for a set time (60 minutes, whatever); logged in forever is where I draw the line. (*shrugs*)

Gazelles for the win
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    403 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Why is it a risk on home computers? No one that I don't trust gets in my house - and my computer has a password on it so even if someone got in, they would need to crack the computer password.
    Mortgage paid off Feb 12, 2010 BS 7a - kitchen remodel completed - 2011 BS 7b - my bathroom remodel and max out sinking funds ($13.5K) - 2012 BS 7c - min car repl fund $13K - 2013 My goal was to retire in Jan 2016 at age 58, but instead I retired 10/24/2014

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I just logged out then back in to find that box to check so that I can stay logged in. Never saw it. Please help - I don't want to keep logging in over and over.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    The box says "Remember Me" ... which is commonly used elsewhere on the Internet to mean "automatically fill in my username and password here whenever I land on this page". In vBulletin, however, it means "keep me logged in".

Do you see that box, Teaux?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spoiled_lil_boy View Post
    The box says "Remember Me" ... which is commonly used elsewhere on the Internet to mean "automatically fill in my username and password here whenever I land on this page". In vBulletin, however, it means "keep me logged in".

Do you see that box, Teaux?

Oh, yeah, I thought that was for....well, just as you explained. Ok, I've got it now. Thanks.