User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Trying to Reset My Password...

unregistered

Trying to Reset My Password...

Hello Admins, I am trying to reset my password and have not yet gotten the email to do so. I have tried a few times in the last 30 minutes and haven't received it. My email address is {redacted} and my user name is aotearoa. Could someone please send me manual email to reset my password? Thanks very much.
    Last edited by EvilGreebo; 09-14-2015 at 11:18 AM.

Abuses authoritah with reckless abandon. EvilGreebo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    270 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    FYI it can be up to 10 minutes for emails to go out, depending on our email batch processor.

First question - have you checked your spam folder to make sure the emails haven't ended up there?

Second question - what step in the reset password phase did you get to?
    - Request password reset instructions where you enter email and do the image verification?
    - Got reset instruction, clicked on link to reset password, and didn't get email with new temp pw?
    - New temp pw didn't work?
    If you're having trouble logging in or any other tech support issues, or if you have a question about the software, please post them in the Visitor's Corner.
    If you need to reach me about something more private, please contact me via private message.

Reaching out to me privately may not result in a quick response. Posting in the Visitor's Corner ensures other staff members will see your post as well and may be able to help you more quickly.

Also, as far as I know, none of the staff here are psychics, so if you are reporting an issue, and want help, then please take the time to be as detailed as possible. The more effort you put into describing the problem, the more we'll put into solving it.

Abuses authoritah with reckless abandon. EvilGreebo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    270 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Helps if I approve the thread so it's visible to it's owner, I suppose...
    If you're having trouble logging in or any other tech support issues, or if you have a question about the software, please post them in the Visitor's Corner.
    If you need to reach me about something more private, please contact me via private message.

Reaching out to me privately may not result in a quick response. Posting in the Visitor's Corner ensures other staff members will see your post as well and may be able to help you more quickly.

Also, as far as I know, none of the staff here are psychics, so if you are reporting an issue, and want help, then please take the time to be as detailed as possible. The more effort you put into describing the problem, the more we'll put into solving it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hrm. I've had to reset mine twice in the past few days, I think. Maybe I just didn't get it changed back properly after the first reset. I'm keeping a close eye on it.

In unrelated issues, my work is flagging this site as a spam site because "it's showing too much activity for a new site." That's through WebSense, in case there's a way to try to reassure them you're not evil. Er, perhaps someone other than The Evil Mr. Greebo ought to contact them, though.

+ Reply to Thread