Thread: Posting Permissions?

Feels like home
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Posting Permissions?

i no longer have permission to post new topics or reply in most forums, including the members only section of this forum.

I changed my password from my computer then messed it up when trying to log in from my iPad enough times to get locked out for 15 minutes. I finally remembered it correctly and was able to log in. Could that be why?

As far as I know, I haven’t been controversial or done anything to get myself banned.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1412 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    BS7: arrived 9/13/13

When you finally learn that a person's behavior has more to do with their internal struggle than it ever did with you, you learn grace.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1412 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    @Jen
    BS7: arrived 9/13/13

When you finally learn that a person's behavior has more to do with their internal struggle than it ever did with you, you learn grace.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    870 Post(s)
    Tagged
    17 Thread(s)
    @Katiebug I'm pretty sure you are not logged in.

Make sure you know the password.
    Log out on your Ipad and on the computer or anywhere else you might be logged in.
    Then start first on your computer and log in.

I cannot get into the admin panel for some reason, although I though Lex had set me up. Perhaps he will be on soon and fix your issue, if the above steps don't fix it.
    BS7

Diane--single empty-nester in small-town Middle Tennessee

Feels like home
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by coolmom42 View Post
    @Katiebug I'm pretty sure you are not logged in.

Make sure you know the password.
    Log out on your Ipad and on the computer or anywhere else you might be logged in.
    Then start first on your computer and log in.

I cannot get into the admin panel for some reason, although I though Lex had set me up. Perhaps he will be on soon and fix your issue, if the above steps don't fix it.
    It says I am logged in. I changed my password again, but it still says I do not have permission to do anything. In this forum I have permission to do everything except edit my posts. I have no idea what I am doing wrong.

Feels like home
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This is what it says when I try to reply.

Katiebug, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
    Log Out Home

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    870 Post(s)
    Tagged
    17 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Katiebug View Post
    This is what it says when I try to reply.

Katiebug, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
    Log Out Home
    I suspect your account got disabled due to the multiple failed log-ins. Hang in there, we will get it sorted.
    BS7

Diane--single empty-nester in small-town Middle Tennessee

Feels like home
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by coolmom42 View Post
    I suspect your account got disabled due to the multiple failed log-ins. Hang in there, we will get it sorted.
    Thank you. I’m thankful I can still read the forums, but I’m having withdrawals wanting to reply.

I feel like such a dufus. My password was apparently too complicated. I’ve fixed it now to be more memorable.

lexnaturalis
    Quote Originally Posted by Katiebug View Post
    Thank you. I’m thankful I can still read the forums, but I’m having withdrawals wanting to reply.
    I feel like such a dufus. My password was apparently too complicated. I’ve fixed it now to be more memorable.
    For some reason it showed that you're awaiting email confirmation. Did you happen to change your email address when you updated your password?

lexnaturalis
    Also I fixed the problem so you should be able to post again. But please check your email (including spam) because the forum probably sent you an email asking you to verify your address.