If I go insane
    Please don't put your wires in my brain

Abuses authoritah with reckless abandon. EvilGreebo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    270 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Re: What features would you most like to see added?

Lex was working on private topics. I think I saw he added a mod for it. Lex can you comment?
    If you're having trouble logging in or any other tech support issues, or if you have a question about the software, please post them in the Visitor's Corner.
    If you need to reach me about something more private, please contact me via private message.

Reaching out to me privately may not result in a quick response. Posting in the Visitor's Corner ensures other staff members will see your post as well and may be able to help you more quickly.

Also, as far as I know, none of the staff here are psychics, so if you are reporting an issue, and want help, then please take the time to be as detailed as possible. The more effort you put into describing the problem, the more we'll put into solving it.

lexnaturalis

I installed a private topic mod and it promptly broke the site. I fixed the site, but the mod doesn't work. I'm going to be working on that in the dev copy I'm making today to see if I can get it up and running.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    270 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

The mod I thought would be best for private topics was 'Group Moderators' which would allow a membergroup to have a moderator who could assign/remove people.

But that would have meant assigning a new forum for each PT and a new membergroup as well, so maybe not...
    If you're having trouble logging in or any other tech support issues, or if you have a question about the software, please post them in the Visitor's Corner.
    If you need to reach me about something more private, please contact me via private message.

Reaching out to me privately may not result in a quick response. Posting in the Visitor's Corner ensures other staff members will see your post as well and may be able to help you more quickly.

Also, as far as I know, none of the staff here are psychics, so if you are reporting an issue, and want help, then please take the time to be as detailed as possible. The more effort you put into describing the problem, the more we'll put into solving it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Well, if the Groupmod can assign their own membergroup, that's pretty much how it worked on FuseTalk. Except PT owners couldn't moderate their topic.
    If I were asleep
    I could dream
    If I were afraid
    I could hide
    If I go insane
    Please don't put your wires in my brain

Where Bugs Bunny shoulda made that left turn . . .
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    310 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How about 'NEXT PAGE' and 'LAST PAGE' buttons alongside the clickable page numbers. If I'm on a phone or iPad, having to click the tiny page number to navigate to the next page is fraught with peril.
    BS1: DONE 09/19/18
    BS2: DONE 07/31/19 (paid off 32K of divorce-related debt in 11 mos.)
    BS3: DONE 5/29/20 (6 mos. expenses)
    BS4: 15%
    BS5: N/A
    BS6: Goal: pay off 15 year mortgage in 6 years: 12/31/24
    BS7: Target Retirement date: 3/1/30

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jakabedy View Post
    How about 'NEXT PAGE' and 'LAST PAGE' buttons alongside the clickable page numbers. If I'm on a phone or iPad, having to click the tiny page number to navigate to the next page is fraught with peril.
    Oooh. That's a good one! I'd probably add 'FIRST PAGE' and 'PREVIOUS PAGE' just for completeness.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    270 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jakabedy View Post
    I tried. No luck so far. Still on the radar.

lexnaturalis

That will likely require a bit of custom coding. It's something I want to add for my own use as well so I'll probably try to find a solution mid-week.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    270 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I suppose it does - because you have to figure out what the next page is.

There are mods for it, but they didn't work right when installed. Now that I'm feeling more comfortable with how the forum works internally it may be fixable from an existing mod.