User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How do I change/update the title of a thread?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    360 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

How do I change/update the title of a thread?

I can edit the body of a post but I can't figure out how to update the post's title like we could on the old forum.
    Irene
    BS7 Heaven on earth

TEAM SARAH

I've left for parts known & unknown and I'm not coming back!
    RETIRED!

Nothing I say on these boards should be remotely construed as medical advice.

INTJ - rare among women

Abuses authoritah with reckless abandon. EvilGreebo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    270 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    One of the more annoying functions of this software. After a while, you can't.

What was the change you wanted?
    If you're having trouble logging in or any other tech support issues, or if you have a question about the software, please post them in the Visitor's Corner.
    If you need to reach me about something more private, please contact me via private message.

Reaching out to me privately may not result in a quick response. Posting in the Visitor's Corner ensures other staff members will see your post as well and may be able to help you more quickly.

Also, as far as I know, none of the staff here are psychics, so if you are reporting an issue, and want help, then please take the time to be as detailed as possible. The more effort you put into describing the problem, the more we'll put into solving it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    360 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilGreebo View Post
    One of the more annoying functions of this software. After a while, you can't.

What was the change you wanted?
    I wanted to update the title of my thread in Frugal Living from something like Getting ready to sell my house to Update: we signed a contract on our house. But really, it is unnecessary if the few others following the thread keep seeing it being updated and read my posts.

So thanks for letting me know this can't be done. It's just one of those things.
    Irene
    BS7 Heaven on earth

TEAM SARAH

I've left for parts known & unknown and I'm not coming back!
    RETIRED!

Nothing I say on these boards should be remotely construed as medical advice.

INTJ - rare among women

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I had a similar problem in the Emergency Preparedness forums.

One thread is forever stuck on Week Two.
    I created a new thread and tried to link the two together.
    @EvilGreebo , is there any chance you would just merge the two threads together and get rid of the one titled 'Week Two'?
    BS7: Jun 23 2014
    BS6: Mar 28 2012
    BS3b: May 20 2011
    BS3: Nov 12 2010
    BS2: Oct 23 2008
    BS1: Oct 1 2008
    Retired: Jul 2002

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    270 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Ok, I've made some changes.

If I've done this right, thread titles can be edited for something on the order of a few thousand years. (What exactly is 9999999999999999 minutes in years anyway?)

BUT you must edit the thread's OP in advanced mode to do it.
    If you're having trouble logging in or any other tech support issues, or if you have a question about the software, please post them in the Visitor's Corner.
    If you need to reach me about something more private, please contact me via private message.

Reaching out to me privately may not result in a quick response. Posting in the Visitor's Corner ensures other staff members will see your post as well and may be able to help you more quickly.

Also, as far as I know, none of the staff here are psychics, so if you are reporting an issue, and want help, then please take the time to be as detailed as possible. The more effort you put into describing the problem, the more we'll put into solving it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    270 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    BTW good use of thread tagging here to get my attention

7. Thanks CookieB thanked for this post
    Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilGreebo View Post
    (What exactly is 9999999999999999 minutes in years anyway?)

Of course, that's based on 365-day years. There are a few billion leap years in there, so you'd have to factor that in to get a really accurate number.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    270 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Hmm. Do you think that's too long to allow a user to edit a thread title?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Probably, considering in about 10% of that time the sun will become a red giant and expand past the orbit of the earth.

11. Likes CookieB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    270 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Oh.

Well...

... self correcting problem then...