Thread: Tech Support - my post not showing up in "New Posts"

Gazelles for the win
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    401 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Tech Support - my post not showing up in "New Posts"

I read posts by clicking on "New Posts" and then reading all of those that I want to.

I started a post in a private forum last night. Earlier today and again this evening, I noticed that the post I started had responses, but still did not show up in my "New Posts" feed.

????
    Mortgage paid off Feb 12, 2010 BS 7a - kitchen remodel completed - 2011 BS 7b - my bathroom remodel and max out sinking funds ($13.5K) - 2012 BS 7c - min car repl fund $13K - 2013 My goal was to retire in Jan 2016 at age 58, but instead I retired 10/24/2014

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1412 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    This has happened to me continuously over the years, and it was always written on to a system "glitch".
    BS7: arrived 9/13/13

When you finally learn that a person's behavior has more to do with their internal struggle than it ever did with you, you learn grace.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    870 Post(s)
    Tagged
    17 Thread(s)
    IME your own posts do not show up to you as "new posts" until someone replies to them, even if they are your new posts in your own thread. So maybe what happened is that you went and read the posts, and replied, but then no more replies from someone else????
    BS7

Diane--single empty-nester in small-town Middle Tennessee

Gazelles for the win
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    401 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by coolmom42 View Post
    IME your own posts do not show up to you as "new posts" until someone replies to them, even if they are your new posts in your own thread. So maybe what happened is that you went and read the posts, and replied, but then no more replies from someone else????
    No, in both cases I read new posts and thought "oh, no one replied to my post" and then after reading all new posts I would go to the forum, then click on the private topic and my post would have replies from others.
    Mortgage paid off Feb 12, 2010 BS 7a - kitchen remodel completed - 2011 BS 7b - my bathroom remodel and max out sinking funds ($13.5K) - 2012 BS 7c - min car repl fund $13K - 2013 My goal was to retire in Jan 2016 at age 58, but instead I retired 10/24/2014

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1412 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorothy View Post
    No, in both cases I read new posts and thought "oh, no one replied to my post" and then after reading all new posts I would go to the forum, then click on the private topic and my post would have replies from others.
    That is the scenario that happens to me at times as well in the regular forums (I don't participate in any private forums).
    BS7: arrived 9/13/13

When you finally learn that a person's behavior has more to do with their internal struggle than it ever did with you, you learn grace.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yup. ^^what cwilli and dorothy say

Ah, technology. How we love it when it works perfectly...LOLOL
    "Far away, there, in the sunshine, are my brightest aspirations. I may not reach them, but I can look up and see their beauty, believe in them, and try to follow where they lead."
    ~~ Louisa May Alcott

BS7 reached in 2022

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    870 Post(s)
    Tagged
    17 Thread(s)
    Well it's definitely a software glitch. It may be fixed if we do an upgrade to the latest version. I don't know much about how that process works. @dolem do you have any insight into the occasional glitch, or into a new version upgrade?
    BS7

Gazelles for the win
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    401 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Not a huge deal - thought it was interesting and also worth noting in case others thought no one was responding to their posts

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by coolmom42 View Post
    Well it's definitely a software glitch. It may be fixed if we do an upgrade to the latest version. I don't know much about how that process works. @dolem do you have any insight into the occasional glitch, or into a new version upgrade?
    I can try to look through release notes and see if there is a fix in a newer version.
    BS2 DONE! BS3 DONE!
    BS4: Tossing money into 401k, Roth IRAs, HSA, Brokerages, Crypto
    BS5: Investing into 429s
    BS6 - Paying minimums at the moment, interest rate is just so low

10 Financial Goals

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    870 Post(s)
    Tagged
    17 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dolem View Post
    I can try to look through release notes and see if there is a fix in a newer version.
    Please do that when you have a chance. Thanks!
    BS7