User Tag List

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Hey, Mods

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    590 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Update, 45 minutes later. My bank let me get into the Zelle thing and it wanted to access My Contacts. I said no, and then I said yes, but in neither answer did it give me an option to send to someone not in My Contacts list. (And now I'm suspicious that the bank might have my cell.)

What do I do now?
    Sometimes you just have to do what feels right with your money instead of what is "optimal". Too many focus on optimal outcomes, when good enough is good enough. (Thanks to Retired @ 50)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    @wintersong If you have a paypal you can still donate that way. That's what I did. I was having difficulty with the whole Zelle setup via my bank.
    "Far away, there, in the sunshine, are my brightest aspirations. I may not reach them, but I can look up and see their beauty, believe in them, and try to follow where they lead."
    ~~ Louisa May Alcott

BS7 reached in 2022

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    870 Post(s)
    Tagged
    17 Thread(s)
    This is the text of the announcement. What you need is the email..... debtfreefanatics@gmail.com

"Attention DFFers!

At our current burn rate of $49.99/mo, we have less than 6 months of funding left for the site.

If you are able, please consider making a contribution to the cause -- $5, $10, $20.....any amount is fine. And, remember, this is completely VOLUNTARY.

We are introducing Zelle as a contribution method. Zelle is integrated into many banking apps and websites. Paypal also remains an option at this time, although we may close it down at some point.

In either Zelle or Paypal, send contributions to debtfreefanatics@gmail.com

Please direct any questions or concerns to @GertieMcFuzz (Treasurer Extraordinaire), @coolmom42 (Admin Extraordinaire), or cwilli26 (that guy )."
    BS7

Diane--single empty-nester in small-town Middle Tennessee

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    675 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    I can't really help when it comes to how specific sites use Zelle; it was a method suggested that our bank uses so I went with it. I have never sent money using it.

I can say it appears that it doesn't matter what name you put in; so long as you enter our debtfreefanatics@gmail.com email address it gets to us.
    'And, finally, when all of the pulling was done, Gertrude, behind her, again had just one...
    That one little feather she had as a starter. But now that's enough, because now she is smarter.'

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    590 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    It is a really good thing that I love DFF or the aggravation would not have been worth it.
    So today I again used the Zelle phone app which again transferred me to my bank whose mobile banking app I had downloaded when Zelle did that to me before.
    It seemed to be better news. I was given a screen to enter the email address. I was given a screen that asked if this was the person I wanted to send the money to. I was given a screen to enter the dollar amount. I was given a screen that asked the purpose of the money.

After I said "gift" I got a screen that said I had to call the bank.

I was on hold with the bank for 22 minutes and then talked to the agent for another 23. Though her English was good, I'm not at all sure about her comprehension.
    Or perhaps it was my comprehension.

She kept telling me my security was high. When I asked what that meant and whether I had put some sort of high security block on my bank account, she kept saying my security was high. Then she said she had to ask me some security questions.

I thought she was going to ask me for my Favorite Restaurant and Maternal Grandmother's Maiden Name.
    But I was wrong.

She asked me who I was sending the money to, if I knew them, and what the purpose for sending the money was.

Anyway, I finally logged on to the laptop and succeeded in sending money. I told her it had worked. She kept talking and saying she was trying to see if it worked and continued to reference high security.

Pretty please, can I just mail a good old fashioned check next time?

I donated a whole number. Hope it arrives as a whole number.
    Sometimes you just have to do what feels right with your money instead of what is "optimal". Too many focus on optimal outcomes, when good enough is good enough. (Thanks to Retired @ 50)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    675 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    yep, whole number

Sorry it's such a bugger - we'll be set for a good while now.
    'And, finally, when all of the pulling was done, Gertrude, behind her, again had just one...
    That one little feather she had as a starter. But now that's enough, because now she is smarter.'

7. Likes samkidsmom liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    722 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Got paid today, so sent money tonight thru Zelle. Tried to take a screenshot because my layout for switching to business is different than Chuck's, but it told me for security purposes my bank will not allow screenshots from the app (Fifth Third).
    Mortgage $0.00

Moving to BS3. My car loan is at 2.25%, and my high-yield savings account pays 5.15% It doesn't make sense to pay off the car early.
    BS3: $5530
    BS2: Car loan ​$9,000.10/$17,724.29

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    870 Post(s)
    Tagged
    17 Thread(s)
    @wintersong you might find the process easier if you start from within your banking app, rather than starting with Zelle. That's how mine works.
    BS7

Diane--single empty-nester in small-town Middle Tennessee

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    590 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by coolmom42 View Post
    @wintersong you might find the process easier if you start from within your banking app, rather than starting with Zelle. That's how mine works.
    I've finally been able to contribute so all is now well.

But, as I posted earlier, I started out trying to go through my bank and it kicked me out. When I talked to the bank about it, they said it was because I had my landline number with them instead of my cell. But I don't want them to have the cell, so someone in this thread suggested I just put the Zelle app on my phone and do it that way. Which didn't work b/c Zelle connected me back to my bank.

And today when I spent all that time with the bank customer service, I told her I didn't want the bank to have my cell and I asked if Zelle had given them my cell. She dodged the question. At least, I think it was a dodge--she said she couldn't answer me for privacy sake unless I showed I was me and she asked me for my cell number. Now, was that a trick to get me to give up my number, or did Zelle input my cell in their records? Dunno and given my amount of irritation, it would not have been pleasant had I pressed for clarification.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    504 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GertieMcFuzz View Post
    Yes! We have at least another year of life and a healthy emergency fund with the current money in the bank.

Thank you all!
    Awesome! We appreciate all who do the hard work behind the scenes. I don't know where I'd be without the support of the kind folks here. I think of many of you as extended family. My pleasure to send you Paypal. I won't use Zelle.
    Last edited by wannabedebtfree; 03-09-2022 at 12:15 AM.
    Annie

VISION: Move out of state

BS 2 COMPLETE 6/25/22!

12. Likes samkidsmom, polly-anna liked this post