Quote Originally Posted by coolmom42 View Post
@wintersong you might find the process easier if you start from within your banking app, rather than starting with Zelle. That's how mine works.
I've finally been able to contribute so all is now well.

But, as I posted earlier, I started out trying to go through my bank and it kicked me out. When I talked to the bank about it, they said it was because I had my landline number with them instead of my cell. But I don't want them to have the cell, so someone in this thread suggested I just put the Zelle app on my phone and do it that way. Which didn't work b/c Zelle connected me back to my bank.

And today when I spent all that time with the bank customer service, I told her I didn't want the bank to have my cell and I asked if Zelle had given them my cell. She dodged the question. At least, I think it was a dodge--she said she couldn't answer me for privacy sake unless I showed I was me and she asked me for my cell number. Now, was that a trick to get me to give up my number, or did Zelle input my cell in their records? Dunno and given my amount of irritation, it would not have been pleasant had I pressed for clarification.