Thread: Hey, Mods

Gazelles for the win
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    403 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by textev View Post
    Are there fees for Debt Free Fanatics if I use Pay Pal?
    I am 99.9% sure there are no fees if you do "friends and family"
    Mortgage paid off Feb 12, 2010 BS 7a - kitchen remodel completed - 2011 BS 7b - my bathroom remodel and max out sinking funds ($13.5K) - 2012 BS 7c - min car repl fund $13K - 2013 My goal was to retire in Jan 2016 at age 58, but instead I retired 10/24/2014

Chasing the cheetah
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    356 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorothy View Post
    I am 99.9% sure there are no fees if you do "friends and family"
    Thanks for that info. I still don't know if the DebtFreeFanatics that I used last time is still good.
    BS1,2 - SL's ($238,231) gone - 7/2012
    BS3 - Done - 5/2017 ($150,000). Now filling sinking funds (car replacement, roof, etc.)
    BS4 - Social security (since 6/2016), pension & 457b on retirement. After tax investing - I wish I had.
    BS6 - In apt & working in one state, paid off house (7/1/15) in another - DDs house sitting (yes it is a good idea)
    BS7:

'If there are no dogs in Heaven then when I die I want to go where they went.' Will Rogers

Gazelles for the win
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    403 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Thanks for that info. I still don't know if the DebtFreeFanatics that I used last time is still good.
    Does it show the e-mail? Mine was remembered from last time and worked, but I don't know if our last times were the same
    Mortgage paid off Feb 12, 2010 BS 7a - kitchen remodel completed - 2011 BS 7b - my bathroom remodel and max out sinking funds ($13.5K) - 2012 BS 7c - min car repl fund $13K - 2013 My goal was to retire in Jan 2016 at age 58, but instead I retired 10/24/2014

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    870 Post(s)
    Tagged
    17 Thread(s)
    You should use either email (debtfreefanatics@gmail.com) or name (edited for privacy). It has Bridgetts hubbys name on it because she was already on this one and apparently you can't have 2 paypal accounts.
    Last edited by cwilli26; 02-27-2022 at 07:31 PM. Reason: To remove name
    BS7

Diane--single empty-nester in small-town Middle Tennessee

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    870 Post(s)
    Tagged
    17 Thread(s)
    I went through my bank website, not the banking app, just because I was already on my laptop.

Login, go to the account.
    Send money with Zelle
    Email or phone number of the recipient
    Enter amount
    Confirm correct email or phone number
    Send money button
    Confirmation page with confirmation code

The first time I used Zelle it did ask for a confirmation code that was texted to my phone.

I think @cwilli26 is right, it varies a little bit. I was never asked to check business or individual.
    BS7

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Paypal...DG...that is us, haha.

It stands for Dahlia Guy. We grew Dahlias in 2009 and 2010 and had paypal set up to sell tubers. Do you think I can get the name off? No. I had a personal account that moved to business for the dahlias, and I cannot figure how to get back to a personal account. It has been over 10 years and hasn't seemed like a problem, so no harm no foul.
    Bren

BS 7 - 4/5/2018
    Blog about boat trip: http://www.blessingsflowontheloop
    Private FB group for boat trip news: https://www.facebook.com/groups/712677313462993 - Just ask to join

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    870 Post(s)
    Tagged
    17 Thread(s)
    All this makes me appreciate my Capital One account. Their online banking has the best interface I have ever used or seen for online banking.
    BS7

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    675 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brendenny View Post
    Paypal...DG...that is us, haha.

It stands for Dahlia Guy. We grew Dahlias in 2009 and 2010 and had paypal set up to sell tubers. Do you think I can get the name off? No. I had a personal account that moved to business for the dahlias, and I cannot figure how to get back to a personal account. It has been over 10 years and hasn't seemed like a problem, so no harm no foul.
    My problem is the opposite; my paypal got set up with DH's name and even though EVERYTHING else is me - email, bank, SS#, etc... I can't figure out how to get an account for me/switch this one. It's annoying but it works so... <shrug>
    'And, finally, when all of the pulling was done, Gertrude, behind her, again had just one...
    That one little feather she had as a starter. But now that's enough, because now she is smarter.'

Getting used to this
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by violetfizz View Post
    I started the Zelle transaction and it gave me a notice that the DFF gmail acct is associated with Bridgette. Is this correct? Just want to be sure before I click send!

I dm'd coolmom but I know she's busy. Want to do this before I head out the door for the day. Thanks
    I did a PP donation last night without thinking, it said the account was associated with xxxxxx, hopefully that is correct?
    <edit> I think Gertie answered me before I asked. LOL
    Last edited by cwilli26; 03-01-2022 at 11:34 AM. Reason: To remove personal info

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1416 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dmcknight View Post
    I did a PP donation last night without thinking, it said the account was associated with xxxxxx, hopefully that is correct?
    <edit> I think Gertie answered me before I asked. LOL
    Correct