Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Multi-quote does not work for me

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    870 Post(s)
    Tagged
    17 Thread(s)

Multi-quote does not work for me

If I check the multi-quote button, then QUOTE, all that shows is the last post. If I don't click QUOTE, even with the multi-quote button checked, no quote at all shows up.

I'm using the latest version of Chrome, if that matters.
    BS7

Diane--single empty-nester in small-town Middle Tennessee

Abuses authoritah with reckless abandon. EvilGreebo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    270 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Setting up a test
    If you're having trouble logging in or any other tech support issues, or if you have a question about the software, please post them in the Visitor's Corner.
    If you need to reach me about something more private, please contact me via private message.

Reaching out to me privately may not result in a quick response. Posting in the Visitor's Corner ensures other staff members will see your post as well and may be able to help you more quickly.

Also, as far as I know, none of the staff here are psychics, so if you are reporting an issue, and want help, then please take the time to be as detailed as possible. The more effort you put into describing the problem, the more we'll put into solving it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    270 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Still setting up a test
    If you're having trouble logging in or any other tech support issues, or if you have a question about the software, please post them in the Visitor's Corner.
    If you need to reach me about something more private, please contact me via private message.

Reaching out to me privately may not result in a quick response. Posting in the Visitor's Corner ensures other staff members will see your post as well and may be able to help you more quickly.

Also, as far as I know, none of the staff here are psychics, so if you are reporting an issue, and want help, then please take the time to be as detailed as possible. The more effort you put into describing the problem, the more we'll put into solving it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    270 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by coolmom42 View Post
    If I check the multi-quote button, then QUOTE, all that shows is the last post. If I don't click QUOTE, even with the multi-quote button checked, no quote at all shows up.

Quote Originally Posted by EvilGreebo View Post
    Setting up a test
    WOrking fine here, and I'm on Chrome too.

Try clearing your cache and force reloading all the page script details by hitting CTRL-F5

Gazelles for the win
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    403 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Setting up a test
    worked for me - I think my profile has the medium reply (not advanced)
    Mortgage paid off Feb 12, 2010 BS 7a - kitchen remodel completed - 2011 BS 7b - my bathroom remodel and max out sinking funds ($13.5K) - 2012 BS 7c - min car repl fund $13K - 2013 My goal was to retire in Jan 2016 at age 58, but instead I retired 10/24/2014

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    870 Post(s)
    Tagged
    17 Thread(s)
    WOrking fine here, and I'm on Chrome too.

Try clearing your cache and force reloading all the page script details by hitting CTRL-F5

Doing the test after F5.
    BS7

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    870 Post(s)
    Tagged
    17 Thread(s)
    Maybe I don't understand how this is supposed to work.

What I want to do... is if someone has a quote in their reply, and I want quote that reply including the first quote, is to have the first quote and the reply quote both show in my reply.

So I go to the reply, check the multi-quote button, then reply with quote. Then it shows up in the quick reply. Then I hit POST QUICK REPLY and nothing shows up but the last quote.
    BS7

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    270 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    mq1.jpg

mq2.jpg

mq3.jpg

This is what I'm doing

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    270 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Doing the test after F5.
    Maybe I don't understand how this is supposed to work.

What I want to do... is if someone has a quote in their reply, and I want quote that reply including the first quote, is to have the first quote and the reply quote both show in my reply.

So I go to the reply, check the multi-quote button, then reply with quote. Then it shows up in the quick reply. Then I hit POST QUICK REPLY and nothing shows up but the last quote.
    and here's how it ended up

Gazelles for the win
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    403 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    So what you are trying to do is quote a reply that includes a quote - and you want both the reply you are quoting and the quote that they quoted to show up in your reply?

I've never been able to make that work - I do the far right "quote +" on what was quoted by the other person and on their post to get both in my reply.
    Mortgage paid off Feb 12, 2010 BS 7a - kitchen remodel completed - 2011 BS 7b - my bathroom remodel and max out sinking funds ($13.5K) - 2012 BS 7c - min car repl fund $13K - 2013 My goal was to retire in Jan 2016 at age 58, but instead I retired 10/24/2014