Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1421 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas. View Post
    What are the added benefits of paid membership?
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilGreebo View Post
    What do I get for being a Friend of Debt Free Fanatics?

Friends of Debt Free Fanatics get the following perks:

- The ability to display their love for Debt Free Fanatics in the form of a custom user title under their avatar

- Access to the Friends of DFF private sub forum, where you and your fellow DFF Friends can feel smug together!

- Access to new features as well as improved functions and higher limits on their use of the site
    - - Increased limit on Private Messages (9,999 vs. 1,000) (for the really really spammy)
    - - Ability to send PM to 50 users at once (instead of 5)
    - - Automatic thread refreshing never expires (5 minute limit is the norm)

- Any new features Greebo/Lex add - which will get updated here as they are implemented

- And of course, a sense of self-satisfaction that you've helped DFF and an air of smug superiority to silently lord over those people who aren't Friends of DFF
    None of these things really turned out to be a benefit quite honestly, but I donate just to make sure the forums continue because I like what goes on here for the most part.
    BS7: arrived 9/13/13

When you finally learn that a person's behavior has more to do with their internal struggle than it ever did with you, you learn grace.

2. Likes pknord liked this post
    Chasing the cheetah
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    356 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cwilli26 View Post
    None of these things really turned out to be a benefit quite honestly, but I donate just to make sure the forums continue because I like what goes on here for the most part.
    I like most of what goes on here too, not all of course. But it would make me nervous if I were on a site where I liked everything. (Well, unless it were strictly dedicated to chocolate.)

Quote Originally Posted by lexnaturalis View Post
    I'll be working up a more formal post later, but here are the rough details:
    We currently have $217.60 cash on hand.
    Our monthly expenses are ~$49.99/mo. Some months are more because of various annual fees. So we have about 4 months of operating cash right now.
    We'll open up donations soon, I think, I just need to handle some logistics stuff.
    Lex, thanks for the numbers. (I like numbers.) But in this case, I don't know the implication of the numbers.

It does seem to me that maintaining a year of expenses all the time would be the most secure and allow for the most flexibility on the part of Greebo and/or those who are helping keep the operation going. If there were always a year of expenses in the bank/on the books that covers about 12 months of regular expenses, or, for example, equipment or software upgrades plus less than 12 months of expenses (at which point - let us know so we can replenish!) But I wouldn't object to a year of expenses at all times plus a reserve for equipment or software upgrades. At least that's my input FWIW.

Anyway - let us know.
    Last edited by textev; 12-29-2019 at 12:27 PM.
    BS1,2 - SL's ($238,231) gone - 7/2012
    BS3 - Done - 5/2017 ($150,000). Now filling sinking funds (car replacement, roof, etc.)
    BS4 - Social security (since 6/2016), pension & 457b on retirement. After tax investing - I wish I had.
    BS6 - In apt & working in one state, paid off house (7/1/15) in another - DDs house sitting (yes it is a good idea)
    BS7:

'If there are no dogs in Heaven then when I die I want to go where they went.' Will Rogers

4. Likes pknord, rolo4evr liked this post