Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Viewing pictures using Safari

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Viewing pictures using Safari

Is there a setting I need to turn on or off, or some other reason why I can't see pictures using Safari? Chrome and Firefox have been giving me issues browsing so I am using Safari again. I've made sure everything is updated and flash has been removed, and cleared all of the cookies etc. but the photos show up in Safari as the blue box with a ?, yet they seem to be fine in Firefox.

Any ideas?
    Team Sarah

Life is full of choices and all choices have consequences both good and bad; so choose wisely - me

Abuses authoritah with reckless abandon. EvilGreebo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    270 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Is it all images or just some? Can you link some example threads where you do and don't have the problem?
    If you're having trouble logging in or any other tech support issues, or if you have a question about the software, please post them in the Visitor's Corner.
    If you need to reach me about something more private, please contact me via private message.

Reaching out to me privately may not result in a quick response. Posting in the Visitor's Corner ensures other staff members will see your post as well and may be able to help you more quickly.

Also, as far as I know, none of the staff here are psychics, so if you are reporting an issue, and want help, then please take the time to be as detailed as possible. The more effort you put into describing the problem, the more we'll put into solving it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilGreebo View Post
    Is it all images or just some? Can you link some example threads where you do and don't have the problem?
    Hmm, after looking at several threads - it seems to be the way or format some members use to post pictures. Caturday threads I see all the pictures but the political cartoons thread and the King & Queen of your home thread I see about half of the pictures.
    Team Sarah

Life is full of choices and all choices have consequences both good and bad; so choose wisely - me

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    May we have post numbers of ones from those threads you can see, and post numbers of ones from the same threads you can't?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I can do that - it may be a bit alter before I get to it though.
    Team Sarah

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    No problem, take your time.

We're trying to troubleshoot your issue, and one of the ways to do that is to cut down on the number of variables in play.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Feel the Bern - posts 1, 2, 5, & 6

Political cartoons - 3rd page posts 94, 97 - 100, 102, 107 - 109, I didn't look at the ones on the prior pages I have my post set to the max per page 40 I think.

Post a picture of the king or queen of your house - posts 4-6, 8, 9, 11, 12, 14, 15, 21, 22
    Team Sarah

Abuses authoritah with reckless abandon. EvilGreebo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    270 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shellypaints View Post
    Feel the Bern - posts 1, 2, 5, & 6

Political cartoons - 3rd page posts 94, 97 - 100, 102, 107 - 109, I didn't look at the ones on the prior pages I have my post set to the max per page 40 I think.

Post a picture of the king or queen of your house - posts 4-6, 8, 9, 11, 12, 14, 15, 21, 22
    Which can and which can't you see?
    If you're having trouble logging in or any other tech support issues, or if you have a question about the software, please post them in the Visitor's Corner.
    If you need to reach me about something more private, please contact me via private message.

Reaching out to me privately may not result in a quick response. Posting in the Visitor's Corner ensures other staff members will see your post as well and may be able to help you more quickly.

Also, as far as I know, none of the staff here are psychics, so if you are reporting an issue, and want help, then please take the time to be as detailed as possible. The more effort you put into describing the problem, the more we'll put into solving it.

Knows too much. Must die. NinjaNerd's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sometimes I can't see pictures either. And here's the weird thing, sometimes I can't see my own pictures.

Specifically in this thread:
    http://debtfreefanatics.com/threads/...-the-Bern-quot

On my Win 7 work laptop, I can see my own pictures with the default IE10, but not chrome. However I can see the picture by cwilli in Chrome.

On my Win10 desktop, I can see the pictures with chrome.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilGreebo View Post
    Which can and which can't you see?
    Those are the pictures I can't see. I can see the rest of the pictures in those threads. I picked short threads that are either less than 2 pages or on the cartoons thread just looked at the 3rd page of the thread.

I can see all of the pictures in the Caturday threads.
    Last edited by shellypaints; 02-05-2016 at 08:29 AM.
    Team Sarah