Thread: Security Rule Problem

Continuing the journey holdingpatternx1's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Security Rule Problem

I only got the error for the Visitors Corner.

Coasting towards the finish line financial_mom's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    741 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by spoiled_lil_boy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by stacy-s View Post
    I received the same error message (from my iPhone). I tried logging in again, and it was fine.
    Ditto. I got that weird error when I was setting up my username/password, but haven't seen it again since.
    me too
    Mary

Shine on!!!

lexnaturalis

I got the error when logging in from my phone, but I just reloading the main page and it worked fine. I also got it once when initially logging in. I think there must be a weird redirect issue in certain cases when entering/updating your password.

Abuses authoritah with reckless abandon. EvilGreebo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    270 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I've gotten occasional reports of this - one person reported that the issue went away when they stopped trying to log in 'forever' and instead logged in for 24 hours.
    If you're having trouble logging in or any other tech support issues, or if you have a question about the software, please post them in the Visitor's Corner.
    If you need to reach me about something more private, please contact me via private message.

Reaching out to me privately may not result in a quick response. Posting in the Visitor's Corner ensures other staff members will see your post as well and may be able to help you more quickly.

Also, as far as I know, none of the staff here are psychics, so if you are reporting an issue, and want help, then please take the time to be as detailed as possible. The more effort you put into describing the problem, the more we'll put into solving it.

lexnaturalis

If I get it again I'll make sure to save the URL (because it's a security-related URL with a hash in it) to see if there's some edge cases triggering the problem.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    270 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Old thread, but cracked it.

Links with apostrophes (') or encoded apostrophes (%27) are automatically blocked by siteground.

It's a protection against SQL Injection attacks. Nice extra filter there for users running inept software but we're safe, so I'll ask them to disable it.

You will see it if you have a link like (DON'T CLICK THESE, THEY'RE EXAMPLES!!!)://www.debtfreefanatics.com/showthread.php?2497-C-is-for-cookie&highlight=won%27t
    or
    http://www.debtfreefanatics.com/show...ight=won't

because the apostrophe (encoded or not) can be a precursor to a hacking attempt.

I'm going to ask our host, siteground, to disable the protection.
    If you're having trouble logging in or any other tech support issues, or if you have a question about the software, please post them in the Visitor's Corner.
    If you need to reach me about something more private, please contact me via private message.

Reaching out to me privately may not result in a quick response. Posting in the Visitor's Corner ensures other staff members will see your post as well and may be able to help you more quickly.

Also, as far as I know, none of the staff here are psychics, so if you are reporting an issue, and want help, then please take the time to be as detailed as possible. The more effort you put into describing the problem, the more we'll put into solving it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    270 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Siteground cleared the security restriction in our .htaccess file

I really need to learn about those.

Course I'm still IP blocked from my home PC... lol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2