Thread: Setting change - how threads are marked as read

Abuses authoritah with reckless abandon. EvilGreebo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    270 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Setting change - how threads are marked as read

Previously if you hit new posts, it showed you posts since the last time you marked the forum read, or logged in.

NOW it's based on whether or not you read THAT thread since the last post.

This means if you go to new posts, enter a thread, then go back to new posts, the thread you entered will be gone, but the rest will be there, and if someone adds to the thread you just left, it'll come back next time.
    If you're having trouble logging in or any other tech support issues, or if you have a question about the software, please post them in the Visitor's Corner.
    If you need to reach me about something more private, please contact me via private message.

Reaching out to me privately may not result in a quick response. Posting in the Visitor's Corner ensures other staff members will see your post as well and may be able to help you more quickly.

Also, as far as I know, none of the staff here are psychics, so if you are reporting an issue, and want help, then please take the time to be as detailed as possible. The more effort you put into describing the problem, the more we'll put into solving it.

Abuses authoritah with reckless abandon. EvilGreebo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    270 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Oh yes - side effect - every post is seen as unread right now.

Once you've read the latest (from, you know, before 5:30 AM 14 hours ago), you can mark forums read and it'll clear the lot.
    If you're having trouble logging in or any other tech support issues, or if you have a question about the software, please post them in the Visitor's Corner.
    If you need to reach me about something more private, please contact me via private message.

Reaching out to me privately may not result in a quick response. Posting in the Visitor's Corner ensures other staff members will see your post as well and may be able to help you more quickly.

Also, as far as I know, none of the staff here are psychics, so if you are reporting an issue, and want help, then please take the time to be as detailed as possible. The more effort you put into describing the problem, the more we'll put into solving it.

Gazelles for the win
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    403 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Just to clarify, I don't open every thread. After I have browsed through the list of "New Posts" and read some of them and maybe replied here and there - then if I click the mark forums read, will it still consider all of them read whether I opened them or not?

Edited to say that the answer is "Yes"
    Last edited by Dorothy; 09-28-2015 at 08:13 PM.
    Mortgage paid off Feb 12, 2010 BS 7a - kitchen remodel completed - 2011 BS 7b - my bathroom remodel and max out sinking funds ($13.5K) - 2012 BS 7c - min car repl fund $13K - 2013 My goal was to retire in Jan 2016 at age 58, but instead I retired 10/24/2014

Likes to push her luck too much. SueandTom's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    497 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    I was confused.

After reading the explanation, I am a little less confused.

Guessing it'll make sense as we go along.
    BS7: July 31, 2014

website for my art: http://TheArtOfSurprise.com