Thread: error message.

Continuing the journey
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

error message.

Hi I'm having some issues with the site. I was able to log in yesterday fine after the updates on Sunday but today once I go in anytime I try to go into a new thread or any other button I get an error message stating the address is no longer good. This is the message I get both at work and home Can you tell me a so so computer user what to do please.

404 - Not Found

The page you are trying to access does not exist.
    If this error persists, please contact the website webmaster.

If you are the webmaster of this site make sure that:

•You have uploaded correctly your files to the public_html directory which is the web-root of your account;
    •You have not misspelled the URL. Bear in mind that letters are case sensitive and no white spaces are recommended;
    •In case you have applied SEO - SEF URL rewriting rules, make sure you have re-named the htaccess.txt file to .htaccess. If there is already a non-empty .htaccess file read it and make sure the necessary rules are un-commented.

Abuses authoritah with reckless abandon. EvilGreebo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    270 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    When you come here, what URL are you coming from?
    If you're having trouble logging in or any other tech support issues, or if you have a question about the software, please post them in the Visitor's Corner.
    If you need to reach me about something more private, please contact me via private message.

Reaching out to me privately may not result in a quick response. Posting in the Visitor's Corner ensures other staff members will see your post as well and may be able to help you more quickly.

Also, as far as I know, none of the staff here are psychics, so if you are reporting an issue, and want help, then please take the time to be as detailed as possible. The more effort you put into describing the problem, the more we'll put into solving it.

Knows too much. Must die. SpecialK's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Here's what I see when I hover my mouse over the General Discussion forum.

2015-09-29 09_33_14-Debt Free Fanatics Forum - Internet Explorer provided by TOSHIBA.jpg

And here's what I see when I click on that link.

2015-09-29 09_34_42-404 - Not Found - Internet Explorer provided by TOSHIBA.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    Check the web address in the address area. If you used a previously bookmarked link, it might say "/forums" after the www.debtfreefanatics.com part.

That's how mine looked when I got that error message today, so I backspaced the /forums part, and tried again, and it was fine, so I deleted my bookmark and re-bookmarked it.
    Save $6.00 on the awesome budgeting software YNAB

Try Plan to Eat meal planning software. You can import recipes, type in your own, grab recipes from your friends, and it will populate a shopping list for you based on the recipes you plan to use.

Attitude is the difference between an ordeal and an experience.

You can either live in the past, or look towards the future. You cannot simultaneously do both with success.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I get it whether I use my bookmarked link, or if I click on the link directly from the Home page.

Here's the link that appears in my address bar when I get the 404 error message:

http://www.debtfreefanatics.com/gene...al-Discussion=

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    It's obviously got to be an issue with something I'm doing, but not sure what or how to fix. I've done the Ctrl + F5 command, logged off, logged back on, removed the bookmarked link... any other tips or things I can try?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by surlygirl View Post
    I get it whether I use my bookmarked link, or if I click on the link directly from the Home page.

Here's the link that appears in my address bar when I get the 404 error message:

http://www.debtfreefanatics.com/gene...al-Discussion=

That link is borked.

Try clicking this one and tell me what happens: http://www.debtfreefanatics.com/foru...ral-Discussion

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    270 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by surlygirl View Post
    Here's what I see when I hover my mouse over the General Discussion forum.

2015-09-29 09_33_14-Debt Free Fanatics Forum - Internet Explorer provided by TOSHIBA.jpg

And here's what I see when I click on that link.

2015-09-29 09_34_42-404 - Not Found - Internet Explorer provided by TOSHIBA.jpg
    I really wanted a full screenshot of the browser for the first pick because I wanted to see what the URL you were on was.

I cannot reproduce this, not from the home page - so I wanted to know the exact URL you saw when you saw the home page.
    If you're having trouble logging in or any other tech support issues, or if you have a question about the software, please post them in the Visitor's Corner.
    If you need to reach me about something more private, please contact me via private message.

Reaching out to me privately may not result in a quick response. Posting in the Visitor's Corner ensures other staff members will see your post as well and may be able to help you more quickly.

Also, as far as I know, none of the staff here are psychics, so if you are reporting an issue, and want help, then please take the time to be as detailed as possible. The more effort you put into describing the problem, the more we'll put into solving it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    270 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Gah. Stupid image resizing. Can you put that in as an attachment please?