Thread: Posts go to moderation

Refugee
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Posts go to moderation

I don't know if this will show up but my replies to threads are all going to moderation . I just wanted to thank folks for their kind words. Thank you if you can fix this...if not it's okay.

lexnaturalis
    It's automatic. All new users have posts go into the moderation queue to avoid spammers who register and immediately fill the forum with spam. I approved all your posts today.

Likes to push her luck too much. SueandTom's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    497 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Woohoo! I knew our splendid mods could get you up and running!

Thank you, Lex.
    BS7: July 31, 2014

website for my art: http://TheArtOfSurprise.com

Bad Immerito! Bad, Bad Immerito! Immerito's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lexnaturalis View Post
    It's automatic. All new users have posts go into the moderation queue to avoid spammers who register and immediately fill the forum with spam. I approved all your posts today.
    Hey! I thought we agreed that noobs have to donate to the Debt Free Fanatics library in care of Immerito.

Feels like home
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks for posting this. I am also new. I figured my posts were going to moderation for that reason, but wondered if if was temporary and if so for how long - if it was for a certain amount of time or if it required a certain number of non-spammy posts.

Chasing the cheetah
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    356 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)

Cool

Peacebug!!!!!

Great to see you!!!!!
    BS1,2 - SL's ($238,231) gone - 7/2012
    BS3 - Done - 5/2017 ($150,000). Now filling sinking funds (car replacement, roof, etc.)
    BS4 - Social security (since 6/2016), pension & 457b on retirement. After tax investing - I wish I had.
    BS6 - In apt & working in one state, paid off house (7/1/15) in another - DDs house sitting (yes it is a good idea)
    BS7:

'If there are no dogs in Heaven then when I die I want to go where they went.' Will Rogers

lexnaturalis
    Quote Originally Posted by Katiebug View Post
    Thanks for posting this. I am also new. I figured my posts were going to moderation for that reason, but wondered if if was temporary and if so for how long - if it was for a certain amount of time or if it required a certain number of non-spammy posts.
    We have a set algorithm to determine when a user exits the "new user" status, but to prevent bot makers from exploiting it we don't make the details public. Suffice to say legitimate users will quickly exit while bots will never exit.

Abuses authoritah with reckless abandon. EvilGreebo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    270 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lexnaturalis View Post
    We have a set algorithm to determine when a user exits the "new user" status, but to prevent bot makers from exploiting it we don't make the details public. Suffice to say legitimate users will quickly exit while bots will never exit.
    That's fancy shmancy speak for "When we let you out of the cage".
    If you're having trouble logging in or any other tech support issues, or if you have a question about the software, please post them in the Visitor's Corner.
    If you need to reach me about something more private, please contact me via private message.

Reaching out to me privately may not result in a quick response. Posting in the Visitor's Corner ensures other staff members will see your post as well and may be able to help you more quickly.

Also, as far as I know, none of the staff here are psychics, so if you are reporting an issue, and want help, then please take the time to be as detailed as possible. The more effort you put into describing the problem, the more we'll put into solving it.

Feels like home
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilGreebo View Post
    That's fancy shmancy speak for "When we let you out of the cage".
    Thanks for letting me out of the cage!

There are many ways
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've still have posts stuck in moderation that I posted last week. How often do the mods approve posts?
    BS1: March 2013
    BS2: July 2014
    BS3: July 2015
    BS4: 15% Gross
    BS5: Working on it
    BS6: $72,514.01
    BS7: I'll get there!