Thread: Announcing - Articles!

Abuses authoritah with reckless abandon. EvilGreebo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    270 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Announcing - Articles!

Our editorial staff is proud to announce the opening of our new default landing page - our Articles section.

While not exactly "chock full" (yet) of content, we wanted to get the articles out there because we believe that the best way to keep this site growing is to put material out there of use to people with similar mindsets - that debt is dumb - and who are looking for advice on how to achieve the goal we all share!

You will find that going forward our default home page of http://www.debtfreefanatics.com will take you to the Articles. If you prefer to land directly on the forums, as I am sure that many of you will, then you will want to take a moment to change your bookmarks to http://www.debtfreefanatics.com/forum.php .

You can also help DFF keep growing and help others in their goals by spreading the word. If you haven't already, like our Facebook page, follow our Twitter account, and share our articles with your friends.

Thank you for making Debt Free Fanatics a success!
    If you're having trouble logging in or any other tech support issues, or if you have a question about the software, please post them in the Visitor's Corner.
    If you need to reach me about something more private, please contact me via private message.

Reaching out to me privately may not result in a quick response. Posting in the Visitor's Corner ensures other staff members will see your post as well and may be able to help you more quickly.

Also, as far as I know, none of the staff here are psychics, so if you are reporting an issue, and want help, then please take the time to be as detailed as possible. The more effort you put into describing the problem, the more we'll put into solving it.

2. Likes lovesmurfs, textev liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You should put this as the lead article on the landing page. I felt a bit at sea for a while until I played around with it.
    Cheryl
    ---------------------------
    'You don't drown by falling in the water; you drown by staying there.' Edwin Louis Cole
    'A dozen elephants for a nickel is only a good deal if you have a nickel and need a dozen elephants.'
    'The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now.' Chinese proverb
    BS5 - Cash-flowing living expenses for DD - launching from completing college
    BS6 - Mortgage! $22,375 Left / $91,883

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    270 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lovesmurfs View Post
    You should put this as the lead article on the landing page. I felt a bit at sea for a while until I played around with it.
    Muhahhaha - you fell for my cunning trap to make sure everyone knew we had a new home page!
    If you're having trouble logging in or any other tech support issues, or if you have a question about the software, please post them in the Visitor's Corner.
    If you need to reach me about something more private, please contact me via private message.

Reaching out to me privately may not result in a quick response. Posting in the Visitor's Corner ensures other staff members will see your post as well and may be able to help you more quickly.

Also, as far as I know, none of the staff here are psychics, so if you are reporting an issue, and want help, then please take the time to be as detailed as possible. The more effort you put into describing the problem, the more we'll put into solving it.

Spreading the word midnight0300's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great idea. Thanks for all you do!
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilGreebo View Post
    Muhahhaha - you fell for my cunning trap to make sure everyone knew we had a new home page!
    I've had faaaarrrrr too little coffee for that to be humorous.....

Cheryl
    'You don't drown by falling in the water; you drown by staying there.' Edwin Louis Cole
    'A dozen elephants for a nickel is only a good deal if you have a nickel and need a dozen elephants.'
    'The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now.' Chinese proverb
    BS5 - Cash-flowing living expenses for DD - launching from completing college
    BS6 - Mortgage! $22,375 Left / $91,883

7. Likes EvilGreebo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    270 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Most of my jokes are for my own benefit anyway.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    602 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Looks nice.
    You guys rock.
    Sometimes you just have to do what feels right with your money instead of what is "optimal". Too many focus on optimal outcomes, when good enough is good enough. (Thanks to Retired @ 50)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Cool! I was a bit shocked to see the new default page...but I like it! Thanks for everything!
    TEAM SARAH

​Back to BS3

"No, it's a case of you did accidental smart back when you were doing mostly stupid. So, now that you're doing intentional smart, don't add in some intentional stupid to undo the accidental smart."

Thanks to Herbert N. for this quote

Feels like home
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I really liked it great opening content. Good job!

Chasing the cheetah
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    356 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Great idea to put the articles first! Also it is great to have chat right there up in front so we see it whenever we log on to the forums. It makes it so easy to chat for a few minutes!

But back to the articles - the ones already there are great ones! If Debtkickerjim is on these boards maybe he would repost his fine post about paying off debt before investing, and any others he had before.
    BS1,2 - SL's ($238,231) gone - 7/2012
    BS3 - Done - 5/2017 ($150,000). Now filling sinking funds (car replacement, roof, etc.)
    BS4 - Social security (since 6/2016), pension & 457b on retirement. After tax investing - I wish I had.
    BS6 - In apt & working in one state, paid off house (7/1/15) in another - DDs house sitting (yes it is a good idea)
    BS7:

'If there are no dogs in Heaven then when I die I want to go where they went.' Will Rogers